What PC should I get

Can anyone help me find a gaming set up on Amazon UK site, my spending limit is £750
I’m in need of a monitor as well so a bundle be ideal.
I’ll be playing these titles

boundless
Warzone
Fortnite
Call of duty Cold War

Also might pick up the streaming again so one I can stream through as well if possible

I don’t know if they ship internationally, but you can definitely get some pointers on a build that will suit your needs. I’ve purchased a total of 4 rigs from them and they are amazing. Check out Xidax.com

can’t help directly but would suggest maybe having a look for a second hand monitor locally (or even ask friends or on local social groups). Could save a fair bit of money this way.
Might even be able to find a second hand pc that way though that has more pitfalls. I often end up being able to build a pc with my old parts (my current local server was built this way) so worth asking around, depending how confident you would be going down such a path.
What general part of the country are you in btw?

2 Likes

For monitors i would also check out woot.com they are owned by amazon so if you have prime you get free shipping from them.

I found a refurbished 31" last year for 129$US with free shipping.

1 Like
  • Get a PC that has a GPU card, not just integrated (ie: GTX 1660 or better).
  • 500W PSU or better - if you plan to upgrade your GPU when you can, add RGBs, AiO, etc then get one with 600-750W.
  • If you go with intel, get an i5 or higher. 10th gen if possible. If you get an i7 or higher, you may need additional fans or an AiO.
  • Make sure it has 1 or more HDMI ports, 1 or more USB 3.0 ports, DVI (or better DVI-D)
  • The case/chassis doesn’t matter, as long as there are enough air vents for it to breathe. You could build a PC on a $10 shelf board from walmart if you wanted to.
  • Because you mentioned playing FPS, you’ll want a decent monitor, but you don’t need a $$$$ one. You can skimp a bit on it to save $. Just make sure you check the resolution and 120+Hz & that it has an HDMI port (or DVI, DVI D).
    *You’ll need at least one SSD with hopefully a slot to add an SSD M2 when you’re able to. An HDD will be slowwww.
    *16GB ram or better

I shop at newegg and microcenter a lot. I have several friends that have purchased this PC and they play the same games that I do with no problem. The case is big enough to upgrade to an RTX card. https://www.microcenter.com/product/624825/powerspec-g228-gaming-computer

6 Likes

I’m a computer expert. It’s my job, I’d be willing to assist if you like. What is your comfort level? It’s usually way cheaper if you buy the parts and build it yourself, but right now the parts market is kinda horrible.

If you find you want to build something, here’s an excellent resource:

https://pcpartpicker.com/

You can mix and match parts and the site helps with getting compatible stuff instead of getting the wrong thing.

4 Likes

here check this vid and you be golden

just the core i7 kinda hard to trackdown if you have no contacts in the pc bizz

1 Like

Oh no, not the Verge video :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Basically if you can build your own computer you can get way better specs for the money.

A 27-32 inch tv with 4k also makes a good computer monitor

2 Likes

Keep eye on specials for holidays. I was going to build my computer from scratch would have cost me 2000$, instead found an MSI codex with exact same specs for 1500$ when I was shopping around.

Added: who needs a monitor :joy: I use my 52 inch tv lol

2 Likes

LOL! I remember this…still cringey.

1 Like

Or go crazy like I did and water cool it all lol

I know its not what you were asking, but for your budget, and the games you want to play, your best option is… a PS5.

I’m serious, you get the performance of a much more expensive PC, all the above mentioned titles, and peripherals for under $700. It can outperform most PC south of $1200.

3 Likes

I have a water-cooled top-end PC so I could play Factorio without the UPS dropping at the megabase (>1000 SPM) stage. Oh, it also plays any other game I throw at it without blinking.

My bottleneck for Boundless has always been network throughput. It’ll run just dandy on a mid-spec PC as long as you can squeeze a lot of bytes really fast across continents and oceans into it.

1 Like

the same like me, but i think he will not pay 2-3k € like me for it :rofl:

most time it is not the throughput, most time it is the network code itself or the server. Or if you play from EU on US server the ping, but very rarely the throughput.

i will later take a look what i can find.

full hd monitor should be ok or not ? 4k is in my opinion useless at the moment and cost more
and which size the monitor should have ? 24" or 27" ?
and a bundle is often bad idea

@JaceyLive can you assemble the computer yourself? if you know the parts ?

I know a few people who could help me if I’m stuck as long as I have all the parts I should be able to make it, I think haha

Go Alienware pc! They work well!

Alienware, while effective and easy to purchase, is usually not a good value per dollar, last I checked. You pay a lot for brand, convenience, and looks.

If you’re handy at all. Buy the parts and assemble it yourself. You will only need a Philips screw driver. If you have an old pc you might be able to salvage the case and save a few bucks. I use my tv for a monitor. If you have a decent tv use that and put the money towards your components. Good luck.

1 Like

BUT a Ps5 is going from 1,000 to 1300 usd from scalpers due to the low stock and high demand :frowning:

1 Like