What PC should I get

scan.co.uk will never steer you wrong, @JaceyLive!

however if you’re looking to save some dosh, I second the comments about speaking to a friend.

none of those games require a blazing fast latest tech to run well, even at 1440p. I run boundless at that on 970sli on a 5 year old i5. all the trimmings!

you could probably easily find a decent mid-range second hander from a mate, giving them the opportunity to upgrade. :slight_smile:

And that’s just for the box because people don’t read the description on the sale :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

a pc you own 100 procent imo
but its pretty powerfull the ps5 i have to admit
im just a big advocate for the right to repair movement

but im reading some good stuff from sony about new ps5 in regards to repairs

but on otherhand they might get there extra income from paywalls

its just nicer to buy stuff you can repair and use with the initial cost lol

1 Like

Yeah at your price point your best shot is probably a ps5 set up as a desktop computer with mouse and keyboard tbh. All those games support mouse and keyboard pretty nicely; I tested out CoD and it even supported random mouse buttons on a cheap third party Chinese mouse on ps4.

If ps5 supported chromeOS or something similar that would be amazing.

1 Like

Scalpers are a temporary inconvenience, and reflective of a product that punches way above it’s weight class.

1 Like

My simple solution.

1. Buy a monitor
  2. Go to shadow tech sub for a cloud gaming pc.
  3. Enjoy playing on any device even your phone…yep tablet…super old pc…android box etc etc.

Want money off DM for my referral code.

Sets ya back no more than £160 per year and u always have up to date tech and a 1 gig connection.

Also you can stream using it too.

3 Likes

Gonna vote against PlayStation … walled gardens are never fun …

Unless you wanna sunbath nekked!

I already got my nudity fix from cyberpunk :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

I’ve started writing this but somehow got distracted and forgot to hit reply lol.

I’m with some of the others when it comes down to building your own pc. You can end up squeezing a more performance out of your cash. You can start with a decent pre built base build and then upgrade that puppy.

Processor. This boils down to preference. If you prefer intel or AMD. Whatever you choose here will dictate what mother you will get. I have been getting by with a lot of game by running an intel i5 8600k. I’ve always used intel so I wouldn’t be able to recommend an AMD alternative.

Get a motherboard that has nvme M.2 compatibility. @Soju-VB suggested I get a Samsung 970 evo and oh boy was that purchase worth it. By the time I turn on my TV, about 7 seconds, I’m already at the login. Make sure you install your OS on this drive. You could always have 2-3 TB HDD or SSD for additional storage.

Motherboard. Depending on which processor you chose, most companies offer a intel and a AMD version. I recommend Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming. I’ve been using it for a while now with absolutely no issues. (Note if you pick a current gen processor, you need to flash the bios and that can get messy if it goes wrong for any reason)

Graphics card. I currently have a RX 5500 XT and it handles Godfall with ease. If you prefer Nvidia, GTX 1660 is a good alternative.

RAM. I currently have 16gb (4x4gb) and that seems to work for what I need to do. I’d eventually upgrade to 32gb since I’m a believer of have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Like @majorvex mentioned, a power supply of 600 to 750 to start would pretty much satisfy most power need until you start getting into the flashier rgb stuff. I personally would opt to go with a 650 gold psu and for ease of cable management, a modular one.

If you have a spare TV lying around, I would skip buying a monitor for now and use that towards better components. You can play around in pcpartpicker like @Pugnacious recommended. When I’m trying to check if there is any compatibility issues with the parts I selected, this site is extremely helpful.

You could always say heck it with building and shopping for a pc and just invest in Shadow like @Envyv77 mentioned. I also use this when I’m on the go or when I’m on my old laptop and can run all my games with ease.

Just my 3c.

4 Likes

I’ve ordered a pc
The specs are as follows

Hopefully this is good enough to run the games in my OP

Ryzen 2600 6 core 12 thread processor
Rx570 8gb graphics card
16gb ddr4 ram
256gb nvme ssd boot drive
1tb seagate barracuda
Kolink observatory atx case with 4 rgb fans with remote and over 300 different settings
600w bronze rated semi modular psu

5 Likes

Should be more than enough.

2 Likes

did ya stay in budget?

1 Like

Do what I did but the tower then build the rest

1 Like

Where did you order it from?

Yeah costed me £700

Local computer shop builds pc’s

2 Likes

Newegg.com is one of the best places or even a microcenter store or site but Newegg has great prices. Course my rig is high end put around 3k into it plus its watercooled cpu and video card

tumblr_mm5wpx1ESB1r5xzspo1_500

only joking…I always get this reaction when my own water cooled lump of cash comes up with non-nerd friends and family.

good picks there, @JaceyLive (especially that nvme, will make all the difference)…enjoy you gaming!

2 Likes

yeah best tutorial ever :smiley: literally everysingle step is a total mistake here :smiley:

2 Likes

quite good price for this setup. :slight_smile:

1 Like