What to do when you find a customer IN YOUR SHOP?!

So i’ve come across this situation a few times.

I come back from work, check my extractor queues. Load up my stuff, portal to my main Suji’s store to restock aaaaand… There’s somebody there! There’s a customer! Browsing MY goods! (How dare they!?)

My first instinct is usually to hide. I want my customers to have a relaxed and undisturbed shopping experience. I mean, what am i going to do, say “i recommend this '63 vintage decon 3, great year!”? It also doesn’t help that i’m on PS4, and have no keyboard (yes i know the possibilities, just cba) so it is a gigantic pain to type anything. I do 99% of my communications over discord and these forums.

So i tend to either hide in my secret underground storage (not so secret now that somebody keeps forgetting to close it off :P) or go to one of my hub portals for some shopping, to return a few minutes later to see if the coast is clear.

What do you do when this horrible scenario arises? Do you flee? Do you engage?

22 Likes

I just wave, put more sap on the shelf and vanish into thin air. Much better than waiting for the person to win the staring contest.

Edit: On a side note, I have button eyes and don’t blink and have lost every contest so far.

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: lol thank you for the big laugh!
I usually just say Hi or “if you need any help, lemme know”. Sometimes they answer back, sometimes, not. I try to give it a minute in case they are a PS4 player.

I am a weirdo buyer bc sometimes (not always), if there is someone shopping in a store, I’ll wait nearby for them to finish before I go in. I don’t want them to feel rushed or scare them off. Totally weird, I know. :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

Wave, jump in front of them and if I’m in the mood beat them with my totem

22 Likes

High pressure sales! Run! lol

14 Likes

Sometimes you need to assert dominance! Let them know who is the seller and who is the costumer :triumph:

10 Likes

I wave, Ask if they’re looking for something specific, and maybe end the conversation there if it appears they are window shopping. If they are below lvl 25 I usually give them a forged gift for visiting. Bribery, I know. Im sorry, but I won’t stop either…

End with a Salute.

11 Likes

I usually wave and jump to say “hi”… :blush:

Sometimes there is an awkward moment when they stand there looking at me and I wonder if they’re PS4 without a keyboard… lol

PSA if you don’t have one… they’re less than $20 and they’re game changing. :nerd_face::+1:

10 Likes

I usually stand deadly still and quietly watch them

… and just when I can tell they are starting to feel comfortable and confident that I am in fact AFK!!!

… I rush up and bam, “CAN I HELP YOU WITH SOMETHING SIR!!!”

And this is why my portal from PS is now labelled “Dub-T Stalkeries”. It’s like putting a bell on a cat.

19 Likes

I usually go see if they are below lv40ish and if so I give them free stuff. But then I wave and go off and don’t bother them unless they have q’s

6 Likes

I don’t exactly own a shop but if i did, i’d probably smack myself into a wall as hard as i can and die in front of them to frighten them lol and say “Hi, would you like any help?” as my dead corpse speaks to them :stuck_out_tongue::skull_and_crossbones:

25 Likes

Can confirm, also you may get a tour! Which is nice

1 Like

Need to try that :thinking:

2 Likes

Go ahead, you’ll definitely get their attention :joy:

2 Likes

But there are so few costumes in this game, and none you can sell. :frowning:

3 Likes

Time to park my afk steam character there then! :rofl:

… Try to sell them an extended warranty on their purchases (not valid for any tools, void where prohibited). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually, depending on my mood and if I know them at all, either wave and maybe say hi, or just go about my business. :slight_smile:

ignore

9 Likes

I’ll wave and then run straight past as if I’m on an important mission elsewhere.

4 Likes

Lock the doors and leave a trail of low priced goods to their holding pen forever home.

13 Likes

bother them constantly by trying to up sale other goods :stuck_out_tongue: (retail seems to constantly try that in real life xD)