What turns you off playing Boundless?

Yeah I seem some of that and am frustrated. But sometimes I know a lot of us have plans to do stuff in places that we have reserved but haven’t been able to get it done because of other projects that are still in the works.

Also I know sometimes in some areas the city doesn’t grow more so you shift your focus on work on plots you have that are in cities that are expanding and not as dead.

I do think we are going to see this no matter what. But, I have seen plots not being used and talked to the person. Sometimes they turn them over and other times they explain what they wanted to do there and either I help them or they start working on it sooner.

We really need a communication system so we can talk with players like through mail and not signs…

4 Likes

Totally agree… in-game mail would help here. I also think that this should be considered when developing the guild/city permissions/specialty beacons; this feels like a specific case of “,joined a group build and didn’t follow the group build goals//asthetic like everyone else” which some people get around by beaconing everything and using permissions until the first structure goes up. In the current world, this gets super plot heavy… I’m out of plots just running the roads for Elara and I use a grid which leaves us open to this.

On the flip side, the Elarian plots in Munteen’s Paradise took us about 2 weeks as we were newbs opening our first portal. Fortunately @142857 was a patient neighbor. Sometimes is just takes a bit too get started. Balancing this whole thing will be challenging.

1 Like

WTB Ladders :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Try chiseling one :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Actually… can you make it so that blocks chiseled in a certain way, become a ladder so you can climb a vertical surface… that would be awesome!

6 Likes

:scream:

6 Likes

But can you climb it?

2 Likes

lol no… but that would be an awesome way to make ladders… minus the need for a titanium chisel with chisel mastery O.o

3 Likes

That’s an expensive ladder lol

2 Likes

I am really enjoying this game! Definitely has been awesome following it for quite a long time! The only thing that drives me crazy is spending hours trying to find a single player. Hopefully some of that will be remedied at release. I get lonely…

2 Likes

come to therka market moebius plaza
and aquatopia you find alot off players running around there and theres free houses and a place to put shops
a real social place :smile:
today i gonna get more than 100players passing there using the portals
if ya got a cool build we provide portal spots to

3 Likes

hey i saw you plotted the hole wall in my market place could you keep it 2wide not the hole wall this spot is made for shops not houses and if you take the hole wall no other people can join :smile:
and i cant expand anymore
tell me when you online so we can meet

I first rage quit after things turned out more grindy. In the end what made me lost interest was the lack of variety in the game, especially on the combat side. Building stuff is fun but if there’s nothing else to do it gets boring.

Another thing that has been bothering me is the skill system. I feel like the skill system limits the player too much. Fun thing about sandbox games is the freedom that you have. There are many activities that you can do so you don’t get bored. The skill system forces you to grind for levels to access content. It feels like it works more against you than for you. There are already limiting factors such as rarity of materials for crafting that make crafting higher tier stuff hard. Further limiting that with skills seems unnecessary.

EDIT:
Rubber banding and other server lag issues really make it hard to play and drives me absolutely crazy. I hope that the new amazon C2 instances are better and fix these problems. At least performance is much better than before.

3 Likes

Not being able to chat in game. I may be doing something wrong or just don’t know, but I see no options for chat channels. “T” doesn’t seem to do much as I have never seen anyone on to test.

You should be able to chat unless if there’s some bug with your client. When you press the chat button, it is hard to see the cursor especially on light backgrounds. Just try pressing the chat button and type something.

I have no issue seeing the chat. The issue is no one ever chats back when I say things like " Hello is anyone online?"

Chat is limited to players in your area, there is a skill that increases the radius but is still in your general vicinity.

It’s 100 blocks range for chatting. Without the shout skill that is.

It’s taken me a while to gather all these, some I have come to live with so I didn’t think of them when I wrote my original post. On that note, I’d like to say Thank You!! for adding the Interact rebind capability. That function has single handedly improved my gaming enjoyment 100 fold. :smiley:

Anyways a few things have been bothering me…
The unstable connection.
Most of the time I don’t even notice any lag spikes or any indication of a poor connection, not sure what’s triggering that… I would much rather just play through a little hiccup and give it a second to load properly or download the packet (or whatever caused it) rather than clicking yes go to sanctum and nothing happens for another 5-10 seconds then the window disappears then I can play again, then very rarely I get to keep playing but usually I can play for another ~20 seconds then all of a sudden I’m in sanctum.
So basically I think there should be 2 buttons. one button will let you get back to the game no matter how laggy it is (it’s usually playable and short lasting) and another button that takes you directly to sanctum immediately (or after 5 seconds if we must, but please show a timer or the meditation animation).

The fog and weather cycles have really been bothering me since we’re unable to turn them off now. The cycles are too varied and abrupt…(although I don’t mind the short showers…)
I think there should be seasons, where there is a period of time where it rains with the current frequency of precipitation, but more random in duration, and a Summer season where it is only sunny for (in-game) weeks on end and with longer days. Although each planet should have its own season cycle, I like being able to travel to another planet when the weather is poopy. :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh and of course there should be areas that are not affected by seasons, like deserts where it would be always sunny all the time (except for nighttime) and mountaintops which would only snow when there is precipitation in the area.
[EDIT] Oh also I think it should get cloudy before it starts to rain or snow. Although if it’s snowing it would already be winter and possibly dark or cloudy already… But it’s nice to have a bit of warning… just now I noticed the light change, and I thought there was something wrong with the sunset but then 2 seconds later it started raining. That’s what I meant by abrupt… it reminds me of Back to the Future 2 :joy:

Every time I open up a machine or crafting table I want to see contents first and recipes last. I think it makes way more sense to have it that way, I want to unload all my materials into my machines after a mining trip and I do not want to have the leftover items in my inventory, I want them to be in the crafting table or workbench. To do this I have to access the contents first, then I can go to recipes and craft my items.
The next time I open it up I do not want to see recipes, for I am there to pick up the items I just crafted. Thus Contents first makes more sense in each scenario.

I wouldn’t usually mention the same thing twice but I had an idea about the world colours… I just heard that it is possible to change the colours of certain blocks in the universe, namely the ones that are from different worlds but are the same colour, which also do not stack. I think you could really hit 2 (or more) birds with one stone by changing some of those colours. Some people (a lot of people I think) have been asking for new worlds… this might be a way to compromise without making the universe too big too soon like some people have been afraid of…
Now I know the argument that what if someone built their entire base out of [x] rock and now its a different colour!
well, one solution would be to change the colour only slightly, or just change all the duplicate colours to ones that look good together…
My favourite solution to all this would be to release one new world per region, each with unique colours for every block. I know you guys have been itching to deploy some new worlds :wink:

8 Likes

Do you know about the option in settings that turns off the returning to Sanctum when it gets laggy? That way you play through all bad connection moments and you decide when it becomes unplayable and quit.