What turns you off playing Boundless?

Dont know if this may help.

Sticky Keys is a Microsoft Windows accessibility feature that causes modifier keys to remain active, even after they have been pressed and released, making it easier to do keyboard shortcuts.

2 Likes

Definetly.

I understand your frustration but investing into infrastructure at this point would not be good. You have to think that if you pull a playerbase in you need to pay for running costs, upgrade the servers or buy a more expansive package from your provider. If your game is not there yet, then this can be suicide.

As I said I do not know what the plan is or if there is a plan but I enjoy the game a lot and I will keep enjoying it until the servers shut down :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea no I have said repeatedly they’re not ready to do a new player experience to pull in more players until they get more things added, fleshed out, fixed, etc

How often do we see complaints about servers dying or lag complaints? And that’s for a small amount of players. Imagine if we added 10000 people to this game right now?

It’s a cycle the games in. Got to keep people so fix those complaints. So the bad reviews stop. A lot of us have been here for a year or more. We clearly enjoy the game but we have to also be able to see the problems others see so we can help correct them if they are valid and continue helping this game to grow.

That right there turns me off sometimes but I’ll chill for a week and get back to playing again.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Ratchel…I will pass this along to her and see if it will help! :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Get her a controller, the game works well with it and holding the left stick forward is much easier than holding a key on the keyboard…

1 Like

Just don’t have a shop…don’t participate in it…I see it as a building game…not a shopping game…But I do see what your saying…But if I didn’t want too buy or sell anything I could do easy…just go get everything…But I can understand your frustration…

1 Like

Yep exactly what he said. Finding and gathering the materials required for your own personal needs is very do-able and personally something I found gave me a sense of satisfaction.

Not until you do wish to participate in the economy do you really need to start relying on others to buy your stuff or sell you the things you need unless you plan on playing the game full time to gather and craft it all yourself.

2 Likes

[P-]S----- A huge area north/NE of the Grovidias Te hub is now unusable due to a single player plotting up literally everything, and doing nothing at all with it. This was an active area for resources and meteors. It is now ‘unbreakable.’ Hundreds of plots surrounding existing users as well as non-active. Devs did nothing, and Guild seems ok with it.
With that allowed, your small community can keep itself. There is no need for a “new player experience.” You are the reason we don’t keep playing. 150 hours and out.

Maybe they are planning something large? If they haven’t done anything with it, you can still mine resources.

There’s nothing a player or guild could do about it.

I’m sure there’s a lot of Grovidas that isn’t plotted for miles. :woman_shrugging: There’s 50 planets.

4 Likes

Edit: NM. Ignore my quest to end the forge.

Not having the ability to queue-all or queue-x.

Especially since this would be such a tiny dev-change with a HUGE effect on the QoL of the game for so many people.

Same for being able to AOE repair coils. I understand the need to repair. That’s fine. But any end-game crafter will know the pain of having to repair all your coils daily. It just takes waaaay too much time.

In short: Less time on chores, more time for fun!

1 Like

Really blows my mind people are saying repairing coils is a problem. I have over 1700 coils in my factory and it doesn’t take me more than 30 min to repair them all.

What turns me off from boundless are the people who just want the game to be easy mode.

5 Likes

19 posts were Removed from this topic.

Just a reminder… this thread is not to discuss if someone is wrong for stating what turns them off playing. Please keep it civil and on topic.

I hate fixing coils so much. I even have a full set of every color spanner and still hate it. It makes me want to cry.

3 Likes

And I only have like 50 coils :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Friends up and quiting the community falling aprt. My favorite shops disappearing a block at a time. The constant grind to keep a max portal fuel of ort. Knowing I have to go hunting to get ort or walk my butt to the nearest portal hub. Hmm I really like putting resources into what I want I dont like crazy randomness. But I put up with it cause I gotta but it is a pain. Sorry for incorrect grammar just sleepy later fellow ortians

2 Likes

I agree and I Forge them to increase the fixing capabilities of them

PS4 had auto run, just click L3. :grin:

1 Like

I would agree about crooked sellers. I’m a newbie, only been playing a few weeks and the difference in prices for certain items is ridiculous. As a newb I wasnt aware of going rates and paid nearly 700 coin for my first titanium hammer, then I found same item for half the money at a different mall. For a new player this made me feel like I’d been duped by the first seller, as he’d set up his shop on a starter planet knowing newbs wouldn’t know the going rate. Then there’s request baskets, the prices vary ridiculously. One place was buying spicy beans for 5c, as a newb I thought this was going rate. Then I visited Nova and found a basket paying 23c. Seems a pretty crooked system to me.

Yea it can be pretty crooked. That’s why when I was playing if I was buying at a lower price I put my reasoning on my sign. Like if I wasn’t in dire need of the item at the moment. But when I needed it I would raise my price back up. I’d get items sold to me at both times but obviously significantly more when I brought the price back up.

1 Like