What turns you off playing Boundless?

Havok, no it wouldn’t. Big cities would still form just fine. People making a bunch of alts doesn’t make citys grow. Players setting beacons & building in them makes them grow. If that’s your only excuse as to why the skill cap shouldn’t be higher then its a very flimsy one that holds no weight.
I’m doing just fine building up my settlements, no alts required.

For me its the poor connection. if i am lucky i can get a few hours with minimal rubber-banding. but quite often it is almost unplayable.i still put up with it because i like the game. will this be improved in the future?

3 Likes

I think that—at its current state—the game seems (for lack of a better term) aimless… it seems like there is no “true” goal which is indicative of a true sandbox, but i think people want a TRUE objective… like huge boss battles, that give good loot or items that you can only gained by achieving something specific. People like being guided. Even iN open world games.

Also we need things to do that aren’t just crafting and hunting. Here are a few ideas: (not sure if they’re already being worked on)

1. Fishing
  2. Dungeons (i know about the sky ones but underground too?)
  3. Farming
  4. Mini games like soccer or something involving hoppers as a ball lol
  5. Quests perhaps? Like open world events that aren’t meteorites but maybe an npc would like you to find their pet livestock or something. And maybe the harder the quest, tge better loot. Like pre built armor or something.

In conclusion, i think a world this expansive needs a lot to do, and a true objective. Some sort of god tier or something. Lol maybe a prestige ranking. Just throwing around ideas.

2 Likes

I also feel like fishing and farming would be great ideas. It would also add more to the economy. Seeds, crops, tiller, fish, poles, bait, etc. I’d totally set up a fishing port along a river.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of building an underground river in a cave system underground on Vulpto, mostly because I haven’t seen any actual rivers in game so far.

2 Likes

@Bones-1234 I believe this is still planned (quest equivalent) and also the titan boss fights are still in the works, so hopefully those issues should be solved soon :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I just wonder how expansive those onjectives are. Like… can it be something other than “go here, kill this thing, return, and get the reward” or it it’s more interesting stuff like… “find a glyph in an undergeound cave in ABC region or area”

We can only hope there will be variety and a range of complexities :+1:

I hate the VAST amount of coal everyone needs just to function. I like that coal has a lot of different uses, but it would be nice to either see some alternate fuels, or at least to see a decrease in fuel requirements.

Keep up the GREAT work! The most recent update is BOSS!

2 Likes

Compact Peat is a very underestimated fuel.
Not great for spark, but nice for the furnace.

4 Likes

Kirinvar I completely agree with you. I wish it wasn’t to hard to compact as a new player I didn’t know it this my progress was slow. I discovered coal way before I started using peat.

Sometime ago, not sure if its still the case now, but there was a comparison made between several fuel sources and compact peat came out tops for being the most efficient for spark production.

Where smelting anything uses 180 spark worth of energy.

1 Like

Compact Peat is the least effective spark source.
The last column weights spark yield versus furnace cycle yield.
Compact Peat’s ratio for spark is as bad as Wood’s.
But you can gather it fast in large quantities for furnace cycles and save coal for spark.

I could be mistaken. Its been months since I played. But, I do vaguely remember someone did a test and they came up with compact peat being almost 2x more efficient then coal either on the furnance or spark, but can’t remember exactly which is which for sure. Bearing in mind, this was the information I got in April '17 from test data done waaaay before that date even. My memory is fuzzy on which is which and I am too lazy to dig up the old post. And, I am in no way saying that you are wrong either. Compact peat is real easy to get too, one of those things you can acquire via crafting, OR NOT. Yes, you can actually dig up Compact peat consistently, if you know where to look; and you can actually walk away with several hundred blocks in about 1-2 hrs of casual digging, if you are digging in the right places. I know that has not changed, coz the planets has not changed, since they made it easier to find those tech pieces thingy.

come join garden district im trying out a miniguild with jobs and stuff allready ingame we need someone for our minigames :smile: oh and its quit succesfull
it might be a good example for devs to study guilds
@james i dont know who the guild dev is :smile:

3 Likes

What planet abd region can i find it on?

on solum try find my hub moebius plaza in therka market it leads to there as does many portals
@MrGamer117 one off the leaders there is curently playing i think he could help ya if he sees this :smile:
also its connected by portal in aquatopia shoppingcenter

oh also by following portals in omnishop leads you there
called the oficial shopnetwork

ok, there is efficiency and efficiency :wink:

I mean:

1. Pure spark per block of fuel efficiency.
  2. Spark per block of fuel per minute of time needed to acquire fuel efficiency.

There was time when compact peat was most efficient for me as I needed 15 minutes to mine ready compact peat from 4 altars on Munteen and get some 20k spark after.

Now I opt for medium coal as I need an hour to get 360 medium coal on Munteen (thanks to Luck affecting drops). It takes a couple of hours to compact it. Thats way more time before I can put it in my spark core than when I bring compact peat from altars. However it also gives me 150k spark after, so its worth it (plus I get some other resources when mining coal, including silver, gold, titanium etc and my miner alt gets loads of xp).

Still, if I didnt have extra compact coal in store and needed to get spark quickly, I would still go for compact peat from altars on Munteen as it would give me needed spark within half an hour (journey + mining + turning to spark time).

So, maybe we could talk about third type of efficiency:
3. Spark per block of fuel per time spent vs. context.
Context = players’ intent (how quickly one needs spark; is it short or long term project that creates the need for spark; what matters more in a given situation: pure fuel to spark efficiency or time efficiency?)

4 Likes

A coal miner's guide - Spark and furnace values included I think