What turns you off playing Boundless?

To be fair, you did close Red’s other thread where we would have had this discussion… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It wasn’t Red’s thread. -Correction, it was. (Apologies, I was thinking of Qube’s thread).

This one?

This is all your fault, Majorvex. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Fair enough :grin:

All good Ill leave the discussion as it is.

Simply put, for me I have fun with Boundless as is. What turns me off about it is people leaving and the community taking a hit because of it.

I would love to see more updates, the community grow, players stick around, devs communicate more but in the end the thing that turns me off the most is the lack of marketing and advertising and well the negativity towards the game.

While some of the flack the game gets is deserved and should be heard … overall the game is great. Apparently it WAS for the people on this forum.

2 Likes

Now if SOMEONE would take care of Gyosha Mall as much as the forums… oh Im so kidding… much love!

4 Likes

When game developers no longer communicate, show no more interest in their product and when you get the impression that the developers only want to squeeze out the last drop of money and then let the game die. - So exactly what is happening at Boundless right now, in my opinion.

9 Likes

That’s the trailer that drew me in to buy it, I was pretty thrilled after that. What happened with Duskmoor & PxR was effing bizzarre and needlessly compounded but it wasn’t the dev’s fault afaik. I’m experiencing a little town with people in it tho asone of my alts; may that liveliness last. <3

1 Like

(shh… 10k+)

As a 1 year+ EA player, I also felt tricked when 1.0 launched and I saw the new character models, the initial set of planets and the broken lighting. I couldn’t even start the game for 2 weeks after launch because I was so heartbroken.

I initially got the game because of this trailer, for content we still don’t have today.

But back then the game I got at least looked like in the trailer.

4 Likes

@Kirinvar

I don’t play on the PS so I am unsure what is in the game that isn’t in the trailer other than the Titan and a few creatures around the 2:25 mark. Maybe the graphics are slightly better in the trailer which could very well be PC graphics maybe I dunno…

It’s actually an entirely different engine in the trailer IIRC.

That’s also to do with abandoning some of the early character concepts. The engine change I mean.

1 Like

Changes in appearance, new furniture and such probably are not added because they don’t have people on contract for this or they are working on other stuff indefinetley, so I think it’s just a way to not spend money.

Honestly, this may be a legitimate feature of the game, and I completely understand why it is, and how it is…but the fact that there’s basically a monopoly of areas, resources, and everything else by what I consider in-game conglomerates. The huge Guilds that basically run everything everywhere is what turned me off playing Boundless. I know, I know; “there’s other places, you don’t need to join them, blah blah blah.” True. But if you play solo, you basically have nothing, unless you learn to do everything yourself. It makes it fun that way, definitely, I just don’t have the time to do so. Great game, regardless, always recommend it to others, just not for me.

4 Likes

Literally just said I understand the mechanic of the game, just don’t prefer it, so I don’t play anymore. Which, by the way, is exactly what was asked.

4 Likes

@Gypsy I’ve been playing with 3-4 friends and not once have I joined a major guild and I’ve been successful in my adventures to be setup where I am today. Past year or so I’ve been pretty much playing solo and still managed to get everything I need. Took a bit longer yes but still I got to where I can say a comfortable state to where I can hold my own.

3 Likes

:100:

10 char

3 Likes

Have u met @host

1 Like

Do you have examples of resources you feel are controlled by monopolies? You don’t have to give specific examples, I just don’t feel like I’ve experienced this and I’m curious to understand.

2 Likes

Dunno if it’s still the case but there once a player named after a certain pokemon that plotted a huge chunk of diamond on (Mcrib, maybe?) one of the Blast worlds. And before that in early access another player plotted most of the red gleam on Vulpto

3 Likes