What turns you off playing Boundless?

WHat turns me off of playing Boundless is some forum moderators spoiling our chat fun!

ducks

:joy:

6 Likes

Throws hammer, but misses badly

6 Likes

It’s still good!
goes and gets that hammer

Oooo the mods get tier 17 amblarn hammers wtf??? 22,000 dmg dang

4 Likes

That’s a very tinfoil hat response…

Well with the release of the new storage boxes/crates, it has become easier to store stuff in smaller spaces. And with signs, labeling is not an issue.

I started playing in June. I didn’t even join the discord server until mid November. My previous guild chatted every day in game. We rarely used discord and only for Events/Hunts.
But there are a surprising number of people who have joined since then who are on PS4. And for them, discord has made it easier for them to play.

Yeah I’m not sure I agree with my post anymore either, guess things seemed worse then than they do now.

I can’t imagine what it used to be like. But I’m always willing to help someone have a better experience. I have about 500 of the 32 slot stone boxes that I made when they first came out. They’re sitting in storage. I tend to just give them away :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Discord is and has been the go to gaming chat community for pc. I also think it’s just that game chat was not good enough in game so ps4 users adapted to be able to communicate with pc. I think that is all that is. I love discord. They are super reliable. I also use ps4 chat all the time. I think James did mention a overhaul of the chat system soon though.

Plus quite a few people still do not have a keyboard for their PS4s and discord works on mobile devices so for many that is way easier than the controller typing.

1 Like

Hay bud you dropped this. Dot worry I’ll just grab it for you.
https://youtu.be/EdjMNDZb4_E
Well how about I just pm you the coordanence.

2 Likes

I can’t multitask & Discord runs on my phone (it’s a resource hog) but that’s kinna small compared to having to type on a game console; I’ll try and remember this rather than try and make excuses for avoiding it but I draws teh line at voice, the cat would try adn answer me and it would just wreck our excellent communication with each other if we had to start “wasn’t talking to yoooooou!” & stuff.

I found it already! Sold it at meh shop!
edit: Chinashop! on alder. Behind the east sasquatchville portal. Also got a silver liquid breaker but dunno what to do with it.

1 Like

I wish there were more cities with many smaller closer together builds that fit together, Heartstone Hoarders on Boori had that going really well. I’ve seen a couple of slides with apartments as well that were cool. The tree contest made a cozy place that would be fun to live in too.

3 Likes

Knife & Candle

I’ll never quit Boundless and can never overstate how much I love and am grateful for it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There is something that can make me turn off the game in the short-term though, when I’m otherwise wanting to play - when someone is wanting to be social and I’m not. Please, nobody who reads this take it as a knock on you, this is all on me and I value you all: but sometimes due to mood or fatigue or whatever I really want to zone out and be on my own in the game. But it - to me - can be extremely awkward to tell somebody that, and people can potentially take it personally and be hurt rather than see it as a blanket, “hey, not feeling social right now” even if you say it that way.

Very, very much would love for there to be a Do Not Disturb toggle, which would also disable anybody warping to you. Having this would certainly add onto my playtime at times, rather than politely ducking out of the game altogether, saying I’ve got to go.

16 Likes

Agreed Paka! I love you all, but I’m far more social on here than I am in game…

Someone suggested moods once, so you could set your character to look grumpy, happy etc.
We could have a ‘busy’ mood? Or some sort of status indicator maybe. That would be cool.

But really, I’m desperately waiting for something to turn me off playing boundless. My house is a mess, I’ve a million jobs to do but the call is too strong to ignore the best game I’ve ever played :laughing:

8 Likes

Two of my newest alts are CrankyPaka and DoNotDisturbPaka. :joy: I figured that might be the next best thing to something like this or a DND, a way to blanket show my mood that wouldn’t be taken personally.

8 Likes

I’ve been here for 2 weeks or so, and there’s only one person in game I have spoken with for any length of time and I nearly bolted the first time he said something while I was trying to figure out which way I needed to go at a portal group.

A long time ago I was a social person but overtime, and with poor experiences, I’ve become a massive introvert. I definitely understand that feeling of 'jesus please I dont want to talk to anyone else right now or maybe ever". But what can you expect in an online game I guess. Is there a better option besides instantly logging out the second someone walks your way?

6 Likes

I usually dive through the nearest portal around and the next few just to be sure.

2 Likes