What turns you off playing Boundless?

1: Portal networks provide convenience of interplanetary travel to users. If the blocks got destroyed (maybe even portals being taken apart by creatures) It would be more of an inconvenience to use it. lava worlds would be more useful. By the way, what if it was attacked while you were away and it got almost taken apart completely! It would be more of a punishment to build on higher tier worlds than a benefit! Blocks shouldn’t be destroyed at all. It shouldn’t be like like in minecraft where you make a sand base just for it to get taken apart by a bunch of endermen while you were away (only people who started playing from minecraft would get this) and you lose most of your base defenses! I don’t like the idea anyways. A beacon is supposed to PROTECT blocks, not LOSE them on higher tier worlds. Seriously, PVE needs to be updated, but not like this!

Don’t feel too harsh. This is just my say in it. I agree on little creature skirmishes though!

1 Like

No worries, all that I have mentioned are merely ideas, actual execution would have to be balanced and thought out before implementation.

This game and minecraft shares many similarities. However, the distinct difference between this game and minecraft is as you have mentioned, the threat of destruction. Games are essentially problems waiting to be solved and in finding a solution, it entertains the player. Minecraft is so wildly successful not merely because it is a voxel block builder - but also because it has that exact same mechanic that causes players to be constantly on edge, which also means there is always something to do. There is never an ‘end’ to minecraft - bases have to be continually secured, progression is constantly threatened with regression if caution is thrown to the wind. This is what keeps players playing - because there is continually something to do, a problem waiting to be solved (nightfall when mobs spawn in minecraft for example).

Minecraft goes one step further with a sandbox mode to appeal to people who have no interest in ‘defending bases’, who just want to build and gain pleasure from accomplishing a build. This game can similarly achieve that with safe buildings in certain worlds, as I have earlier mentioned.

Portal networks provide convenience, however, if such convenience were to come easy, there would be no challenge and without challenge, this game will continue as it is currently, which is actually quite decent, considering it does have about 100 odd players on at any one time…but then again, the purpose of this thread is focused on improvement, not maintaining the status quo, therefore, in order to achieve what one has never achieved before, one must be prepared to do what one has never done before.

Also, with regards to defending constructs on higher tier worlds, we must remember that this is an MMO, with multiple players on at any one time. Defense does not have to be borne alone. This has also the side effect of bringing about more importance to guilds than just mere buffs and promotes team play both within the guild ecosphere and on a greater scale, the entire gameworld as other players who have a stake or who are out for the rewards would similarly help with the defense. Once again, emergent gameplay would result - due to the need for consistent defence, networking will play a greater part in this game, guilds will evolve to have a more varied roster, alliances will be formed, contracts made with smaller guilds for the sole purpose of hiring more ‘guns’ to support incursion defense.

1 Like

I agree also, when someone is putting as many hours into the game as some people are, you’re bound to overrun through multiple emotions.

I always think about this when I bump into someone, so to be polite I drop a /wave or /salute or a quick message and immediately jump through a portal to indicate that there is no need to reply to me.

Having a DND or Busy tag to hope one I or head at times would be pretty helpful at times :slight_smile:

5 Likes

they could go creative with the tags. make them like glowing auras, orbs floating around the character, bubble shield… most just as cosmetics, but some could be used as ‘I don’t wanna talk’ or ‘I don’t speak English’ or my personal favourite ‘alright, I should go back to work now, see ya later’

7 Likes

Just unfriend them. Works everytime.lol

2 Likes

Unfriending doesn’t work both ways. It should, but it doesn’t. Let one creep in your friendlist and they have eyes on you forever. :clown_face::hocho:

Maybe that will change in time. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Not 100% sure if blacklisting someone disables friendlist/ warps. Never tested it myself.

5 Likes

Lol…thanks for that i didn’t know they kept the freinds status…lucky I dont friend everyone I see. But I warp to people on exo all the time. But I normally go my seperate way. It is so annoying mining and someone decides to mine next to u…

1 Like

I should have been like @superman101 and not add any friends. My list is full. And I’ve deleted people to make room for new people. Wish alts were put all together for friends too.

4 Likes

Very small player base.

It makes me wonder about longevity of the game. Game is not yet advertised anywhere, I don’t know why, but it seems like studio is not interested in gaining more players, which makes me wonder about things. I remember James said they have a slow burn approach, but that kinda isn’t the same as not doing anything about marketing (my humble opinion).

What would help with this uncertainty would be a roadmap that would also say when is that point when studio will work on getting more players. That’s probably too much to share publicly though :wink: So, yeah, we are in kind of a stalemate.

I really want this game to be glorious and to have a huge player base, I hope to live to see that.

TL;DR: besides occasional log in to see how things are, test some new feats, I’m not playing until game gets much more players.

3 Likes

People who expand/build near your location without asking…

In auridon, we have now a player that build right next to our “safe beacon border”… Could you ask pls before building there…?

Thanks

Where is auridon?

Ah ok, making sure it wasnt me

when its behind your “save border” wheres the problem?
why should people ask you. where they can build…
when its free land, its free for all… nobody ownes a planet or unplotted areas…

3 Likes

Yeah i agree here. Gotta plot while its hot or suffer your neighbor.

2 Likes

Try contacting the player and ask him or her to move. Often people are willing to. I tend to pay them too.

1 Like

I will try.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

I’ve suggested before but I’ll suggest again:
The daily login bonuses for boundless are completely worthless and are also practically invisible.

If you want to encourage daily logins, I would copy ESO.

Every month there is a table of daily login rewards. Every 20-22 hours you get a new reward. The rewards for 20+ logins in a month are usually pretty great. The rewards usually include free XP and sometimes cubit-equivalents too. Sometimes free skins too, and free items like teaching pie equivalents or mats (and there is an open economy there too with auction houses and trading, just like BL)

The ESO system makes me feel rewarded and valued as a player. It makes me want to play daily, and the rewards excite me. The Boundless system, frankly, does not do this. I’d love to see improvement here.
@Leahlemoncakes @bucfanpaka

3 Likes

Has eso always had daily login things? I honestly don’t remember those being a thing when I played :sweat_smile:

Nope not always afaik

1 Like

Yeah, the daily bonuses do keep me logging in sometimes even when I have no intention of really playing - especially if logging in a certain number of days will get me something I really want! :slight_smile:

3 Likes