What turns you off playing Boundless?

This I feel is a must. Either a 1;??? Odd drop of a special item during an event to be placed as a trophy to be showcased as hey look what I accomplished by either mining the most gems during a 24hr event or killing the most cuttletrunks, spitters, wildstocks, hoppers or road runners or even gathering the most plant drops. A special trophy for being the 1# during that event. I would even encourage trophies for getting the top tier feats and they just come with the coffer.

2 Likes

I agree with everything @peyago said

4 Likes

As a pre order ps4 player. What turns me off of boundless is the clear and udder lack of hunting updates besides the nerf oort for farming update. EVERY update. EVERY UPDATE!!! Has been a building update. We have had no new mobs in almost 2 years now? But hey here’s concrete, here’s farming, here’s mosaic/tiled/deco oort (WHY)??? Lucent gems and blocks and tools. Honestly WHY haven’t we gotten anything new hunting wise. It’s very irritating at least for me!! (Capital of gyosha and I don’t even have a home in the dome)

Colour rarity is definitely my biggest turnoff at the moment.

I had planned to start a very specific large scale build on a sovereign world when they release… but unfortunately, 5 of the colours I need for the build (as per the image below from the testing environment) just aren’t available within the known universe. So I can’t even attempt to gather and craft the colours I want into usable building materials. I also always have very limited coin, so purchasing what I need is not a sustainable option either.

Knowing that these don’t exist in the live universe, and having absolutely no idea if they ever will become available in a non-time limited scenario (one where I’m actually online and can play, so that I can traipse across the universe and grind for them myself when I need them) is having the complete opposite effect on my desire to build anything. Currently I just don’t see the point in me even starting to build this, let alone renting a sovereign world to do so. It would be great, however, if I wanted to build this using Oxide Azure or Dark Cobalt though, as they’re each available as Meta Rock on 5 of the 50 permanent worlds. Unfortunately though, that’s just not the look I’m trying to achieve.

Creative worlds are absolutely not the answer to this particular problem either - it’s simply not the same thing as playing the core game. I want colours to be accessible… but not so easily accessible, they’re just handed to you.

22 Likes

Same for me, i want to be able to farm the colors, not handing out to me.

The fact we have to wait many months/year before having an hand on it ( and you have to actually be active at that time) to build something at a large scale make no sense in a building games.

A big turn off for me aswell, is that we don’t have something to change block type to a mass extend. doing it one by one with the change chisel is a lot of waste of time.

Edit: if we would have access to the color we want in a decent amount, the change chisel wouldn’t be a problem anymore for me.

19 Likes

If they just upped the pigment drop rate per goo plant this could be easily remedied. Maybe even allow pigment drops with the goo kernals while farming on exos as well.

4 Likes

We could also use some primary gleam colors on some exos to make getting all the colors via mixing easier.

1 Like

I quit playing shortly after the farming release and haven’t played around with it since then, but is it still impossible to propagate goo? Like the max seed percent was less than 100% meaning you’d always come out short. If they bumped it to 101-105% you’d be able to make sustainable goo/pigment farms of all colors and not be forced to grind goo kernels, then color shift them at a huge loss, then grow them for yield to paint a small number of blocks.

4 Likes

Yeah I havent really played in awhile either but yes the goo drop rate is pretty bad pigment wise. I think the avg is like 2 pigment per plant. So yeah its pretty labor intensive to get a good SS of any color. and youd have to farm goo pretty much everyday to even turn a profit . it gets old real fast. Oh i never did go and try to propagate seeds much I was mainly pigment oriented. I tried seeds but it was abysmal and only added to the frustration.

1 Like

Goo only works for a few base blocks. In the grand scheme of things it is fairly pointless for many applications. Its just another half finished mechanic. James said he wanted to expand it around the time it released, but who knows what is going to come of that.

4 Likes

Personally the game has become tiring. Farming i love doing but it’s so stupid. Kindling mass percentages are so ridiculous. The time it takes anyone to go get materials to craft something to build. You get so little for those hours. Crafting times are out of control on some items. If it wasn’t for a few die hard players I talk with. I think I would be gone. I think exo have become boring with not enough new random colours coming out. Kindling mass percentage is so low. This game is a building game. Why make it so hard to build. New updates that are coming sound great but won’t fix the problem to this game . I am not quiting but find myself less interested. I really hope drastic changes are coming. There is this years rant

12 Likes

The waiting for rentals is turning me off big time. Add that we have zero idea of what they are working on, what we could look forward to in the next few years or any news when the next update will drop makes this utterly frustrating.

So much so that I am starting to care less as each day passes.

If they don’t release something soon or if that’s somehow not possible then please let us know something because this is a sure way of losing players, but perhaps they want a clean slate, all new player base because they got bored with us…

9 Likes

Upsetting there are no developer live streams. I’ve seen it suggested in the past. Developer live stream on twitch is a big part of several games I play. Even if the streams aren’t to gauge the opinion of the player population on upcoming changes or additions, it adds a factor that brings the game more feeling of interaction.

5 Likes

Developer Live Streams would be amazing.

A posted roadmap of what is to come (With the proper disclaimers that not everything there is final and can change, etc).

More open communication with the community as a whole and not just the backers with the dev convo perk that nobody else can buy into these days.

The devs just don’t say anything unless its something they’ve 100% decided on.

4 Likes

I’ve been lurking the forums not interested in getting deeply involved in many of the debates going on in other posts. But I feel compelled to add my personal views here for the benefit of the devs as the point of this particular post.

I’ve been playing since console release but I’ve probably hit that point where I’m struggling to continue as well. I’ve taken a few short breaks and recently started regularly logging on again but I’m not enjoying my game time as much anymore.

It’s entirely a lack of content for me. I’ve done everything in game too many times and there’s just not enough content to keep my enjoyment level high enough to stay regularly active.

The initial announcement of rental planets was exciting, but after a few days of seeing the posts from players using the test servers, I came to the realization that it’s just more of the same thing at an added cost. The cost is really not an issue for me, it’s the content that’s missing for my entertainment/ enjoyment factor.

I still have gleamclub for quite a few months and have no intention of completely quitting as this point, I will make that decision when this gleam club runs out. For now I will just remain in stagnant mode, occasionally logging in and watching the forums, waiting and hoping that the game gets the sorely needed content that many have already mentioned.

5 Likes

We need hype, we need to feel excited for upcoming updates, right now I am feeling quite the opposite. WS needs to hire someone that can do such a thing, can give us info about upcoming things, hype us up, keep us engaged, do a regular update thing, dev vlog, dev blog, anything.

The current state of things is bad and we have no idea how, what and when.

We have mentioned it many times and they won’t change, my patience for either a release or info about one is running out.

6 Likes

The intense lag when joining group hunts on t5-6 planets.

1 Like

Dead game. Awfully small playerbase. No social activity, except useless shops. Stalled development, only skins, blocks and other lame stuff was added in the game inb the past years. No new weapons, no new major game mechanics. But here you can jump to new planets with even more toxic colours to kill the same flying octopuses but different colours! They can’t even add one mob (Hunter) for several years, lol. Dead economy, clunky social expirience, and tones of completely aimless grind. No matter how you look at this, the development of this game is purely formal. Titans? Protectors? Conquer? Remember those things? Nahh, just forget. Here, take your private useless world, where you can build your useless shop and shut yourself)

Aaand my old take on this question still standing:

1. Meaningless unsatisfying grind.

2. Dead, useless economy. Never bought a thing, i don’t have enough coins. What i have - is alts for any profession out there. Balancing done right, eh?

3. Alts system. Who decided this was a good idea? The dumbest system I’ve ever seen - constantly switching between alts for each small task i need to do… Monstrously.

4. Zero possible activities besides grind and building another house (for what?) Buildings are not involved in gameplay, in no way.

5. 1.0 is a bad joke from publishers and devs. This is still beta at best. Developers feed players with promises that “everything will come”. Development needs time etc, etc. Аt the same time constantly adding cosmetics and charging full price of content heavy games.

5 Likes

The chat system could definitely use a major overhaul of both the “idea behind it” as well as its implementation. Chat isn’t an asynchronous mail system, Devs!

2 Likes

I’ve been playing MMOs since 2003 starting with Lineage 1 (not a flex, just a frame of reference for experience). This is the first and only MMO with a completely broken chat system that is technically crippled. Ditch it and rewrite.

4 Likes