What was your first memorable boundless experience?

haha - yes, it’s so obvious what it means that it took me a while to see what’s wrong actually :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m honestly surprised no one reported the bunny. That’s a bit naughty :see_no_evil: :rofl:

2 Likes

it’s in the eye of the beholder they say… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

it’s still there I saw it a couple of days ago :smiley:

I landed on Raxxa, not knowing anything about the game. I liked that the tutorial was at a minimum. I first started near a hamlet which looked really pretty. I made an ugly wooden house. The area I settled in however was a Raxxa swamp, not knowing how to delete beacons, I deleted my first character. I then went through a bunch of cycles of attempting to settle in a place, and failing miserably.Discovering many cities along the way and getting to another planet before deleting my char. One sucessful attempt was my first home. Wanting to create a farm (then realizing everything but inorganic farming is not that great). Settling close to the raxxa capital, I created my place and a settlement around 50m away. The settlement was a mess, but at least it looked nicer than the wooden house. I classified it as Duskmoor type messy (very little organization). I eventually deleted the planetary hub near the capital because portals were very hard to run (and i didn’t know selling oorts was worthwhile so i just minted them). I simply stuck to my own base for a while. Then i was checking out portals in the raxxa hub and I found a direct link to Sasquatchville, one of the places I discovered through a portal on one of the settle attempts, but didn’t go through. Sasquatchville was the first pleasurable settlement I found. I miss the feeling of wonder as a new player.

7 Likes

My first memorable moment would be the first time me and my buddy Steel went to circarpous and I saw gleam for the first time. I was like that looks so cool. I grabbed as much hot magenta gleam I could find. Before I knew about regen bombs. Then I built the tower of power which was originally rock colours from circarpous as well. Those were simpler times.

11 Likes

My first memorable moment was finding the HUUUUUUGE tree only a few hundred metres away from my first plots (I still live there) … it was the first build I encountered, and it was the first huge build I saw, too.

It still makes me happy, and is probably subconsciously some of the reason that I decided that I would spend as many plots as possible ensuring that the land around my (intentionally) modest build stay as green (Deep Yellow?) and natural as possible.

I like to think that when folks look at an atlas, or at the planet from afar, in the future, that at least this part will be somewhat pristine.

( even if some of it is heavily landscaped :wink: )

Anyway … not long afterwards I found a soulless city, and, separately … a death star! HURRAH FOR DEATH STARS!

Separately still …

Wait … this is a thing!!!

I’m a ■■■■■■■ idiot sandwich.
idiot sandwich

2 Likes

Living in a humble little cave on the planet Berlyn :blush:

6 Likes

First month of the game… I played a lot. Everything was New… There was bugs and not so many players At the time (less than now)but it was great.
This was back In early access.

5 Likes

It’s all a bit vague now so long ago… I fondly remember my mountain cave base Northwest of Lacuna Brau on Therka in the Oort Online early days… and before in early access, spitters attacked unprovoked… it was hazardous back then! I seem to recall holding down shift or ctrl key to make unlimited copies of mats… it was way easier and simpler back then. I miss my light cube too… and my early game gripe has just come back to me, why do torches not expire the same as beacons… there’s a flame, it turns to smoke and then it’s gone out… I never worked that one out!? :thinking:

4 Likes

Okay. I thought of another memory as I was completing a meteor here on Biit…
The first time one landed and I was brave enough to tackle it… I nerd poled up to a portal to try jumping through it to see what happens. LOL
Of course, nothing happened besides a cuttle coming through to knock me off the blocks :blush:

1 Like