What would make you build/play more

Hmm started thinking that rather then 1000000 different colored blocks, I would be more willing to build with more blocks closer to black white red yellow blue orange purple green (8 blocks) for each building material. Because if we had 100 of each building material, storage would be a pain.

I think I would like it more if the wild areas changed over time, terrain and resources, but the biome is the same.

Airships and Titans. I know they’re planned but it would give me even more of a reason to play if I could fly around in some sort of airship. If we can make our own airship designs, then I’d make it look like a Starcraft Protoss Carrier or Terran Battlecruiser… cause well they look awesome. lol

That way I could say in a horrible Russian accent “Battlecruiser operational…” lol

8 Likes

More decorative stuff, lights, new biomes, usefull blocks, like moving platforms and etc.

2 Likes

Bigger hospitals bigger benefits

Small town hospital - small benefit

I like it +1

1 Like

Smaller patches released more often

This:

And the certainty that my build will stay. (I’m looking at you big 1.0 wipe.)

4 Likes

The ability for non hunters to be able to acquire gems other than buying them, which is prohibitively expensive if you want to mass craft. Not everyone wants to or are able to go on community hunts and when I first bought this game I was under the impression that you could build a character that would be able to go mining for gems. To a lesser degree you are able to but in reality it is a complete waste of time. The last time I tried I used a level 50 character and traveled from Therka to Andooweem to look for diamonds, after 6-7 hours of mining and going through 3 gem hammers I came away with just over 60 diamonds, some coal, and the usual variety of metal ores. So basically, apart from the metals, the diamonds and coal got cancelled out simply from replacing the three gem hammers I had used up. Not a very productive use of time especially when you look at what a group of hunters would be able to get in half the time.

1 Like

mobs lose gem drops and I hope so do meteorites - I havent checked on testing

1 Like

I had a little go at a level 2 meteor on my own last night just to see what it would drop. As it was just a level 2 it was pretty easy but apart from meat, bone and tallow from the animals the actual meteorite just gave 3 oort stones which I could of got from just 1 or 2 road runners in a fraction of the time. I’m sure it’s not the case but It just feels as though single players are slowly but surely being discouraged from playing and everything is being geared towards group activities.

Crafting recipes that don’t take a month to collect the items to mass craft…

3 Likes

What are you trying to mass craft that takes over a month to gather the materials for?

Use atlases. Cheap, reusable, and effective. Nothing in game takes longer than 3 or 4 hours at most to gather enough for a mass batch.

2 Likes

Better storage. I think that there should be a “pallet” storage system, where different, non-material, blocks are stored together. This is natural blocks like trees, foliage, rocks, and foliage. It would allow us to avoid the weird storage issue where two blocks look near identical but don’t stack, and give a UI that could allow for people to search or pick different colors easier. I feel like it would just make building better, and I know that someone like @Liveey would appreciate having something like a swatch picker for her huge builds.

1 Like

Start from scratch (material-wise) and craft me a set of Advanced Extractor Power Coils in four hours.

1 Like

I could collect the required materails for an advanced power core, no problem. But not i could not craft it because of progression. Progression is an important game play aspect, remember? It’s the journey that makes the destination worth the effort.

3 Likes

You were talking about mass crafting. :wink:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes, Havok. Not every mass craft recipe materials can be gathered in three or four hours.

4 Likes

I would prefer to start from scratch and sniff.

3 Likes

I think one of the things not fully realized by much of the playerbase with this latest update is the fact that it now adds a lot more depth to the development of a character. Now we actually have things to work towards, instead of just being able to have more instant-like gratification. I know prior to the update I was able to get a character to level 40+ inside of a week and have whatever materials I needed at hand. Now, with these new recipes; new resources; and the new allocation of these resources it definitely has changed the feasibility of acquiring components.

I would argue, however, that the only items in this new update that are a bit more difficult to obtain are certain gem types and fibrous leaves ( I won’t touch Shadow Orbs, because I have a feeling that drop rate will change dramatically once new biomes/planet designs are introduced in the future).

If you find that a resource is taking a long time to collect I would encourage you to reach out to the playerbase for advice. I think the only universal items that people will have trouble with are fibrous leaves (even though this has been greatly improved!) and any gem resources that are on planets that are lower than tier 3 (just because the drop rates are proportionately lower, as well).

6 Likes

Fair’nuff, but I think we all agree that progression in crafting is a good thing… if everything could be mass crafted so easily (and 4 hours is as much an exaggerated example as a month) then the game would not be worth playing.

2 Likes

I try to mass craft everything, so trying to cook a mass crafted food, will take me a month to get seeds… they drop inconsistently.

2 Likes

What worlds are you trying to get seeds from?

Just last night I dug out a few patches of land in Anoobis on Septerfon and came away with ~200 seeds. It took me around 30-45 minutes.

3 Likes