What would make you build/play more

More plots would make me build more :joy_cat: having more materials and time to play :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Wait what?!?!? Thatā€™s going to be a real thing?

This does drastically change my feelings towards the game. This is the kind of thing there should be multiple likes for.

4 Likes

Reworked Skill System, Multiple Skill Specs on one char, Crafting balancing, Forge, Animations, Improved Prediction, reworked Block and World Palettes?!!!

Edit:

wow i must have reread that post 100 times looking for what i over looked O.oā€¦ apparently i have a filter for profanity filters O.o

giphy (1)

6 Likes

A-hem!!! You miss the item I was personally working onā€¦

ā€¦ Iā€™m hurt.

:broken_heart:

9 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

frantically rereads to see what he missed

1 Like

Iā€™m going to have to respectfully disagree with you there.
adding extreme complexity to once simple-to-craft items doesnā€™t add any enjoyment to the game for me at all.
I play games because I am creative. I like to build and create things, but also help others.
Ideally for me I would build my awesome looking and functional base first and then have a few portals connecting to things, then I would focus on the community and helping others.
but now all of a sudden everything I was doing came to a screeching halt and now all my time is spent gathering materials to make food so that I donā€™t have to wait 8 seconds every time I hit the same amount of blocks. yes I know theres skills for that but even with skills i still have to stop and wait every now and then whereas before I never had to wait.
waiting.
thatā€™s another thing I canā€™t stand in games is unnecessary time-sucks. adding timers as penalties. my game time is precious. sometimes I donā€™t get a lot and sometimes Iā€™m not so efficient when iā€™m at the computer (eating, chatting etc) so iā€™m already taking longer than I should be and anything that takes more of my game time just pushes my goals further away from me.

I know itā€™s a bad comparison and I try to avoid mentioning it but itā€™s the last game I played a lot of so itā€™s still validā€¦
but in Minecraft, my main goal was creating things/machines that saved me time. I made efficient spawners and farms that I could turn off when I wanted or shut of automatically before bogging down the server.

I was about to start the helping others phase, almost got my base to a point that was functional and didnā€™t look too unfinished, but not my priorities have completely changed. I have to just make sure I can survive nowā€¦

5 Likes

James, you keep making my day. Stahp it. (donā€™t actually, please.) :smiley:

4 Likes

Heā€™s making your WORLD. :wink:

3 Likes

Sony is very strict!

1 Like

Ah of course I forgot itā€™s going out on PS4 too eventually.

If a solo player (probably you) can help others while at the same time comfortably doing your stuffs (building, mining, etc.) without it feeling ā€œgrindyā€, then you might not have any players to help with because the game becomes too easy and everybody doesnā€™t need external help. :grin:

As far as I see, all this time consuming grindy parts can be alleviated by just buying things from shops. We have a lot of banked coins but we tend to just hoard it for some reason (or probably only true for me). This, for me, is what the devs should put their attention to with regards to addressing this issue. Currently, itā€™s not so intuitive to just go to shops for the things you need and when you do want to shop, itā€™s quite hard. Hard to go to city with shops, hard to find shops on a city, hard to find items on a shop. I know this should be on the shopownersā€™ and mayorsā€™ responsibility to make them accessible but I believe we need something more on this system.

3 Likes

Anytime Iā€™ve gone looking to buy stuff from shops the vast majority of time things are so ridiculously overpriced, especially when you look at what they want to buy them for in their request baskets that I just walk away ā€¦ the last shopping spree I had was before the update and I spent half my coin ,100,000, on oort shards and some compact coal. A lot of the things on offer are easily available anyway and the things that are harder to get are just too expensive.

4 Likes

This.

If I spent all the money Iā€™ve accumulated from lv.1 all the way to lv.50 - about 250 hours of playing time - it could be gone in 30 minutes at someoneā€™s shop. You canā€™t alleviate the grind by buying things in shops, because you need to grind in order to get enough money to buy anything in the first place; getting freebies from achievements isnā€™t enough, and footfall may be hit-or-miss depending on where you choose to live.

2 Likes

When I looked to buy some tech components and coils I found some in shops but they were very expensive. But as soon as I posted about looking for a seller I got two offers at half of the prices I found in shops.
So yeah itā€™s good to use forums for any good deals. Be it buying for coins or exchanging goods.

2 Likes

This is very good news ! This is all I wanted as a solo player (as I hate maintaining multiple alts and will not do that).

Good call to implement this. It will make a lot of solo players happy, I am sure. :+1:

6 Likes

Oh shoot. Prozee. Good to see your ā€œfaceā€ again.

2 Likes

Hello hello !!!

4 Likes

I am new to boundless.

How can an MMORPG version of Voxel based building game not be a smash hit!

This is what I find myself asking everyday as I walk around in this world that feels Emptyā€¦

This will be my very first post in this forum, so maybe I should clarify I am liking the game but I tend to speak bluntly and I donā€™t sugar coat things.

My first impressions of the game is there are some amazing builds in this game and there is a lot of Uglyā€¦
I have done the portal jumping thru all the big cityā€™s and tried to shop and the experience is horribleā€¦
(Note the shopping experience is not the fault of the devā€™s, its the quantity of abandoned shops or shops that are not being managed)

What else have I noticed, most of these big towns are impressive from the view point of scale and effortā€¦ But they are not visually appealing and this is where my biggest issue is in the game!

There is a decent variety of blocks but the blocks that are suppose to look nice DONTā€¦
The three different decorative wood textures are Horrible!
There are about three or four textures in total that I like in game at allā€¦ Igneous Bricks, and the three versions of Refined Stoneā€¦ For the most part the Decorative versions are very situational you could use a decorative stone brick here and there to do something but typically they CANT be used as a primary building block because of the crazy patterns!

This then leads me into my next major issue! The best looking building block in this game is Dyed Sand!!!
But its not prestigiousā€¦ Instead you see compact metal blocks that again donā€™t look good being spammed to up prestige!

So ultimately what would get me more hooked is if you did something about the appearance of the Decorative Blocks to actually make them look like a Nice block thatā€™s worth while to use! That is my single biggest issue with the game is there is a big issue with the textures and the world and towns could look so much better if you just give us some textures to use!

I will elaborate even more, because I wanted to get some prestige into my build I decided I had to use one of the wood decorative wood blocks as the center of my roadwaysā€¦ I choose the Ancient Decorative because I figured I could get that awful pattern to work to my benefit on a roadā€¦ OMG what a nightmare!!! I have to place chop place chop place chop place chop the same block over and over again trying to get it to face the correct way ??? Seriously!!!

Oh how I dream of some nice neutral pattern less or pattern light, symmetrical blocks that are of nice coloration, with decent prestige that I could use to build with!

So to summarize the game has so many more systems, as an MMORPG, lots of cool features but from the building perspective of making something look nice its light years behind.

ā€œWith that being said it really speaks to just how amazing some of these awesome builds are!ā€

3 Likes

This means my dream of mastery gaining skill progression based on use age might happen?

1 Like

Here are some stuff I think I would love to have to build or play around with that would get me more into the game. I actually have a lot of loose ideas on what would engage people more into playing the game I just havenā€™t found the time to really flesh any of the ideas out. These arenā€™t necessary just my ideas but definitely all things that would get me to play more.

1. Redstone-like devices (movable blocks that arenā€™t Titan related)
  2. Better storage options (variety of chests, storage block, and storage shelves cause what we have now isnā€™t good enough)
  3. Railroad carts and rail tracks for mass transporting of stuff within large builds instead of using portals or warps
  4. Better balance on crafting recipes and resource drops (some resources are just off)
  5. Custom underwater, land, and air vehicles
  6. A couple Boundless t-shirts in Large size with all the developer names on it
  7. Ability to craft mob spawners to make my own player made dungeon
  8. More variety of weapons, tools, gadgets, and equipment to craft and use (what we have and revealed to be released isnā€™t enough for me)
  9. More variety of worlds with wildly different biomes
  10. Better Hopper and Cuttletrunk spawn rates cause them and Roadrunners seemed to swap places
  11. Fishing, Farming, and Animal Husbandry as things to allow players to make economic trade from
  12. Ways to extend inventory space past inventory slot skills, such as a backpack or carrying bag of some sort
  13. Some sort of telescope to craft so I can view very far distances to see where I am going better
  14. My own world to play around on
  15. PvP
  16. A lot of the monster concept art made into a real thing and then placed into the game for me to kill
  17. Better settlement and beacon settings and functionality
  18. Better monster behavior in combat
3 Likes