What would turn you on to playing Boundless?

This is kind of an opposite to what turns you off from playing Boundless.

What would keep you excited about playing boundless?
What would bring you back if you used to play but have stopped?
What would get you to try playing if you have considered it but not decided to try yet?

Express your wishes and dreams for what you hope boundless will be.

Examples are one time additions like the ability to tame existing fauna into pets.
Or recurring additions like a new type of block each month,
or a new piece of clothing or armor or furniture every three months,
or a new playable race each year.

It can be like an open ended poll, where votes are counted by the number of ā€œlikesā€.

Feel free to wish small or dream big.

17 Likes

frequent new content updates. even if it was just ā€˜ā€˜Release 752: 1 additional slightly different brick blockā€™ā€™

13 Likes

Pets
Melee gear
Updated fists
New character types/customizations
New clothing
Transportation
T8 planets
Perm T7 planets
New planet types
New plants
New creatures
Aquatic update
AOE block placement
AOE chisels
New crafting machines
New portal fueling methods
More ways to obtain oort
New ores
New display/shop stands
New light sources
Temples/dungeons
Treasures/rare items
New decor/building parts
Titans/Hunter
Interactive things
In-game leaderboards/achievements
Advertisement - more players

42 Likes

Ability to give Bob a beer gut :kissing_heart:

(Oh and everything Major said)

9 Likes

I just want a Wildstock to ride.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a great list of things.

5 Likes

I agree with the regular updates thing. I love updates. Even if the content addition is small. Iā€™d rather a regular small update than sparse huge ones with tons of extra stuff. That can be overwhelming and sometimes leaves you feeling inadequate as all the higher ranked peeps get on top of the new stuff first!

5 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything that they can add to the live universe short of massively reworking most of the systems and changing most aspects of the game (to the point that it would no longer be popular with those that like it as it is). I just donā€™t think the way itā€™s ended up is friendly enough to enough players that itā€™ll ever really take off.

And thatā€™s fine, itā€™s all just personal opinion and Iā€™ve come to peace with the fact that this is not now, nor will likely ever be the game I had hoped and imagined it would be when I backed it. Iā€™m just crossing my fingers for offline worlds, with the scope and potential of allowing the players to make the game work as they want to play it instead of being constrained to meet the current path and vision of the devs.

That being said, things that I think would improve the game without reworking existing features heavily:

• Allow multiple different plot owners in a single column
  • Alternate advancement system (tiny incremental boosts after lvl 50/max skill points).
  • Animal Husbandry
  • Armour
  • Beacon options like ā€˜No grapplesā€™, ā€˜No double jumpā€™ or ā€˜Enable PvPā€™.
  • Character race selection
  • Character customisation (weight, height etc)
  • Combat rework to be more involved/less clunky (skills, melee weapons, blocking, mob AI improvements)
  • Cosmetic clothing for the whole body
  • Critters
  • Deployable objectives e.g. A banner you could stick down to start waves of mobs.
  • Different tools & items so that everything isnā€™t ā€˜yet another forge effectā€™.
  • Display cases, plinths and frames.
  • Functional blocks/build-ables (an environment protection bubble, medical station that emits a health regen aura, creature warding station)
  • Gliders and other flight mechanics
  • Greater variety of activities for non-miner-builders
  • Hireable NPCs to populate builds and act as shopkeepers
  • Improved chat
  • Improved social tools & UI (groups to easily see each other health & location etc)
  • Instantaneous direct messaging
  • Intelligent crafting (Machines that can draw from and feed into chests or other machines)
  • Ladders/Elevators
  • Make forging harder so that top end tools arenā€™t the default choice at end-game
  • More diverse public worlds (gravity differences, different ā€˜seaā€™ levels, bedrock ā€˜roofā€™)
  • Minimap (or at least manually rotate-able atlases).
  • Social activities (mini-games board games like chess/draughts that you can put on tables and play, card games)
  • New and interesting Mobs (accurate target seeking projectiles are not interesting).
  • NPE improvements
  • Procedurally generated macro structures (mine-shaft systems, abandoned towns, ruins)
  • Removed or heavily reduced craft timers
  • Seasons. Limited time leaderboards to compete over. Possibly with seasonal modifiers (maybe one season has block types with randomised prestige values until the end of the season, another season has reduced/increased crafting timers).
  • Sea-life (Plants, fish, prefabs), possibly with a playable race that breaths in water and slowly suffocates in air
  • Titans
  • Treasure spawns (either on random timers or when character is in possession of a map drop)
  • Wireless power options
11 Likes

Friends

The community

New players

Rainbows

Unicorns

And the Devs are pretty cool.

10 Likes

Portals that donā€™t require a constant upkeep. At the moment Iā€™m at capacity with my portals, anything more would require to much time to keep up. But that also means that I donā€™t have anything to build anymore because I canā€™t connect it anyway which means all I do is log in once a month to fill my portals and check on gleam club.

This is still a perfect suggestion:

2 Likes

Agreed, but have to add give it time :wink:. Most things that really do need an overhaul have been pointed out by ā€œoldā€ players. Even the youngsters will eventually see our point of view at some point.

To go on in this topic. I would love to see more content like @majorvex and @Marrash mentioned. Long listā€¦ (looks @Marrash :wink:).
But as mentioned beforeā€¦:grin:ā€¦ I really do think after this ā€œmultiverseā€ update that it is time to redo some of the stuff we currently have.
There are enough posts about the skill tree, hunting, chat, plots, tutorial and on. That could benefit from a rework.

2 Likes

New Mobs, shields , swords and pvp beacons would get me excited to jump back in. Donā€™t see a point if they release shields and swords without something new to fight

2 Likes

Adventure. Challenge.

1 Like

Clothes/Armor
Less expensive portals
PvE content
New creatures
Reassurance that toxic behavior is being dealt with and not wiped under the rug.
More ways to stand out if you are running a shop, like the ability to make a name for yourself and specialize in crafting and offer unique items for sale.

I would love to come back personally I love most of the community and the game in general, I just dont feel as if enough has been done to reinvest yet. I watch and I wait and will continue to as I have high hopes for the game.

4 Likes

If they came out with :cookie: s as a Food in game

5 Likes

the ability to right-click (or whatever click, really) on a stack of empty atlas and convert them all to the world your on quicker

4 Likes

New types of sloped blocks aka new chisel (not forge).
Farmable plants and flowers
Microblocks(solves furniture issue)
Pets
Player made dungeons
Different races/expanded character
appearance
Minigame beacons
More liquids, especially a way to add color to
Water (No, gleam is not the solution)
A liquify forge to go with solidify
Fish
Birds
Bugs
Armor (i just want it for cosmetic)
Wider door options so we arent stuck with skinny entryways.
More rough oortstone gathering options
But i dont believe in eternal fuel. If you quit its taxing server connections for nothing.

2 Likes

Yes alot could be done to bring more people in or make it more fun. But honeslty I love it how it is. Will never quit ive made a family here with many other friends. That have been there for me though real life challenges. Wouldnā€™t change anything at all.

2 Likes

I donā€™t knowā€¦ Iā€™m kind of on the fence about whether they need to overhaul anything. Obviously Iā€™d like things to be different because I believe theyā€™d be more enjoyable, but if the game is moving in a direction and speed that the Devs are happy with (be that finances, player count or whatever), then they should really carry on with those goals instead of trying to please more people.

In some ways, itā€™d even be good to ignore the olders players like us. Most of us whoā€™ve been around since well before pre-release have our opinions of where the game is now heavily coloured by what we thought it was going to be and the potential we thought it had, whereas newer players only really judge the game on what it is now, or has been since they started.

4 Likes

For me, Boundless cures my Minecraft itch, while looking better than Minecraft.

I had been playing Minecraft for a couple months and logged in to Boundless and was once again reminded how beautiful the scenery and night sky are

3 Likes