What would turn you on to playing Boundless?

The ability to transfer all plots to one character

4 Likes

I have been making suggestions for a while and so many things could be added. Here’s my list.

Automation
New power sources
Portal rework
More cosmetic place able objects
Dungeons
Npc’s
PVE activities such as horde type mode on higher planets and environmental hazards to compensate for on higher tier planets
More skills
Maybe a rework of the skill tree as well
More mobs
Forging rework so rng is not so detrimental more skill based
Lore of some kind
Quest
Dailies
Settlement/city list for entire planet not just the top five
Separate tab for guilds so you can find a guild and look at how you compare to other guilds
More achievements
Animal farms
More farms such as mushrooms, trees, etc…
More block types such as roofing, rugs, carpets, etc…
More and more chisels.

I am sure I missed some stuff however I just have to say there is so much more that can be done in this game to make any other voxel games shutter.

6 Likes

Nice :ok_hand:

Some great suggestions in this thread. From a personal perspective I’d love to see:

Those marble border blocks join when placed atop each other so they look like pillars.
More roofing angle options and block textures similar to common roofing materials.
Better automation. Hoppers as mentioned.
Solar and other power sources.
More furnace options ie electric furnaces (spark)
To be able to fuel all beacons from one main beacon, and possibly all alts beacons as well.
Better and longer fuelling options for portals.
Perhaps be able to make portals larger for cosmetic reasons without costing more oort.
NPCs…

I love boundless as it is but feel it could do with a few tweaks here and there.

2 Likes

My idea is a simple one: We need a Gleam Retirement Club where we transfer our 401k to Wonderstruck and they build a Matrix where, upon retiring irl, a player can plug in and spend the rest of their days in the game.

5 Likes
  • More creatures
  • more Block types
  • more metals (aluminium, steel, Tungsten etc
  • Clothes & armour
  • more weapon types.
  • more weather effects such as the stormy effects from the boundless trailer
  • more lighting options such as braziers
  • ladders
  • more mob both passive and agressive
  • more liquid types
  • more character race options
2 Likes

I wonder how automation can be implemented without issues and would it continue running without nearby players… does sound interesting. Maybe make a bread factory…

2 Likes

I want books. The written record of dev shall be written in game

2 Likes

Portal fueling

Heh… maybe that.

Although even that’s debatable. Maybe the intention was never that we’d have these big Portal networks all over the place? Maybe Portals were intended to be a non-trivial to maintain? That was the impression I had of them right from the start, and the fact that we got networks built out of it was a crazy bonus use.

In some ways, the way that we use portals has diminished the sense of adventure the game holds. There’s no real adventure in exploring a new planet when it’s right there and easily accessible from your doorstep.

1 Like

Player always optimize for fun last. The best or most efficient way should never be the unfun way. You can’t design a game and hope “annoyance” is keeping anything in check.

Don’t want to spoil it, but there isn’t much to explore, you won’t find anything besides recolored versions of the same 4 animals.

For me, the free port home has removed any requirement to explore or to try to find portals.

1 Like

I think it’d be cool if they added 3 new rock types, 3 new grass types, 3 new wood types and 3 new leaf types and updated the worlds kind of like how they did with the farming updates

perhaps a spark link type mechanic, where there would be a wire or pipe connecting the machines together with input and output slots in each machine.

1 Like

That’s a player problem, not a game problem. If players plough headlong into tedious tasks simply because it’s efficient, they’re going to burn out. You shouldn’t design for stupid.

I’m not saying that fun should be ignored when designing things, but it seems pretty clear that the vision for Boundless does not cater to short play sessions, quick gratification or casual gameplay. The point at which this turns into a game problem over a player problem is if the game doesn’t have as many players as the Dev team want, and the lack of advertising suggests they don’t want more right now.

Why? From my perspective, the most efficient way of doing things should be the unfun way so that people can make the choice between do things the fun way OR the efficient way.

If the most efficient way was also the fun way, there is only one way to do things. How are you supposed to build a market and an economy around activities people like doing?

1 Like

Combat update with books

1 Like

Just a few things I’d Love to see:

Meteors

• Rare Spawn(s) provide x amount of Elemental Shard(s) and other unique loot
  • Very Rare Random Elemental Spawn that is not predictable (Toxic Mobs in a wave that occur on an Blast planet)
  • Have a Rare Random Event at last wave for one tough Boss instead of multiple mobs.

More Forging options for Totems.

• Summon Meteor Totem: Forces Meteor to spawn regardless of being in center of region. Cannot be used if meteors have already been spawned in region.
  • Difficulty Totems: Adds more/less mobs to the Waves
  • Increased Size Totems: Mobs are unusually larger
  • Total Destruction: Adds Boss in last wave of Meteor
    Bosses should have unique blood, hide, bone, item(s) for forging/gear/weapon Unique effects.

Custom In game options for Mob Spawning

• Intention/Idea is to create a dungeon to be explored and having mobs spawning to provide a challenge to the explorer(s)
  • Add Pressure Blocks to trigger events
  • Add Reward blocks are unlock after a pressure block is activated
  • Add Transparent blocks that appear and act like a normal block but can be hidden if a player steps on pressure plate (Idea is to hide rewards or create traps)
  • Pressure blocks are highly complex blocks that impact the mesh limit (To deter players from abusing the trap floor) and should be counted as 25 or 50 Complex blocks instead of 1
3 Likes

If anyone here played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U you might remember how logged off player’s characters would appear as NPCs through out the world. You could even take them monster hunting with you and so forth.

I know it is probably a programming nightmare, but it would be kind of cool if a person’s character and alts would hand around their builds as NPCs when they are logged off. Kind of like a villager on MC. lol

4 Likes

I love that idea! Maybe have an option in the beacon control to set as the place they hang out as an npc. Then just have their icon be Grey or something.

Even if they did nothing but stand in the corner it would give malls and other public places a much warmer and more welcoming feel. Then it could be improved upon to make them walk around and wave etc.

3 Likes

Hey Dutch! How have you been?

totally agree. I think it would really make the game feel less empty

1 Like

I once played a game where your character had a “Shop Mode”.

If you were going to AFK for a while you could designate some inventory items (16 or 20 I think) with prices and your character would go into an interaction mode where anyone who attempted to interact with you got a shop GUI to buy stuff directly from your inventory.

That game also had a trade GUI that was similar to boundless but the shop mode was often used for larger trades, too.

A couple of the cities got to be known as trading areas and they would get crowded up with avatars idling as shops, in the end it worked out very well. That game required you to be online to run as a shop - but since we already have shop stands, extending this to an offline mode wouldn’t be game breaking, either.

6 Likes