What's the new powerleveling activity?

Janna, I have a lot of respect for you. I hope you experience the least amount of pain possible from your conditions. It’s not fun being hindered by extreme pain

2 Likes

That’s not what he asked.

Yesterday I went to Alder and ran around without a atlas and I don’t know if that would be a factor but I got somewhere close between 15 and 20k xp. I was doing it for several reasons, for the xp, to gather items I need for my cooking alt and to get out of the base where my girl has been mainly the last couple days with both alts doing their crafting/forging. I probably visited half the planet but without a atlas don’t know how many times I would circle the same area.

Today, took a atlas with me to Maryx and forgot to see what my level was, but it was also to gather a lot of items needed for the crafting and to gain xp. With the atlas got to see parts of the planet I hadn’t and it was pretty nice seeing new aeas, hated all the frigging water and swimming, we need to be able to swim faster. If they are going to make planets more water than land, we should be able to swim fast. Make it a skill like running and let us earn more skill points up to 125 instead of 100.

So, it seems that for many the power leveling activity is one that should be seen by the devs as good, not bad. We are out doing other things besides mining, we can combine it with hunting, gathering, seeing what is on the planet and meet other players, saw a couple and waved to them. Got just over 10 milk glands, two smart stacks of seeds that I desperately needed for flour. Nice amount of lamella and good amount of meat that I can make some meaty casseroles that a friend likes so gonna see if he needs any LOL (@DonBab want some?),

@pofs Thank you, I mention it here at times because I know that many who suffer with chronic pain feel alone, family, friends may understand or can be supportive but not all and so those who don’t have any support feel as if no one knows what they are going through. I do, I know what they suffer and they are not alone, the ones here who I know are hurting, I pray for them.

4 Likes

Well, good for you i think. Everyone has their own playstyle.
This why i was saying the “average number”. You can’t deny that almost everyone has at least more than 3 char in the game ( if you are mid to end game level’s players) You also can’t deny the fact is with 3 different build character you can do things much faster. (Especially when you around mid game, it’s still the best way to reach level 50)

A miner can hunt and explore fairly easily. But I suppose that also depends on how you build him. I put 4 points in vita so I can do more with him. My agility and control is maxed which helps with exploring(well honestly I think it helps with everything). I don’t remember the rest off the top of my head. But as long as I have heal bombs with me when hunting(or a good healer) I’m not too worried. Exploring is easy with the max agi and control. Sure I don’t have shadow step but the max agi helps in that department.

Make a new alt a crafter for a couple weeks, crafting everything, not just rocks, and they’ll be level 30 in no time, then switch specs to a hunter/miner… whatever, and start collecting those feats. And in the meantime, new alt becomes the crafter.

Rinse and repeat and you’ll have more alts with more skill points than you know what to do with.

Well I do have all the skill pages maxed. But I really only ever use my miner page. With how I have it built it’s great for mining and ok at everything else. If I was to start hunting on t6 again id probably start using my hunter page again since I’ve never been on a hunt with a half decent tank. Otherwise I feel no real need to switch my pages. Except for getting chisel epic and mass epic. But since I’m a high level I have enough cleanse points to just switch a skill or two on my miner and switch back when I’m done.

The time I will be using different skill pages is on t7+. But that’s because of the warp distance and environmental. I have a different miner build and exploring build to accommodate for the atmosphere/warp.

1 Like

I know. He wanted to know where the hit X to ‘win’ button is. I don’t know where it is, because I’ve just been playing the game. I’m not sure it exists, though. :wink:

Funny how two people can read something and from it glean completely opposite information. :wink:

The essence of what he’s asking is ‘How do I access everything the game has to offer with minimal effort?’

The only proper answer is to play the game. If he plays the game regularly and crafts, builds, hunts, et cetera, he will reach level 50 quite quickly. Once he reaches level 50, he will level up even quicker by playing the game some more.

I can level up every day, within a two hour session, by playing normally. I have levelled up 3 times in one day during an extended session. Not by exploiting any xp ‘loophole.’ Just by playing the game.

I understand that some people don’t want to play for 100+ hours to experience everything a game has to offer, but MMOs, by their nature, are grindy. If grinding is not a person’s thing, it might not be the genre of game they’re looking for.

8 Likes

Still simply not what he’s asking. Power leveling is common in any game that allows leveling. He’s not looking for an experience loophole. He’s looking for the way to play the game normally that allows for the fastest experience gain vs. time played.

Not everyone plays games the same way, and not everyone is going to want to play games your way. Do you think if he spent all his time building, he would gain the same amount of experience as if he spent all his time hunting or mining? Because that’s playing the game as intended for some people, this being an MMO focused on different types of players and all.

2 Likes

Ive been doing this the past few nights, while stuff is crafting, and it is a blast. Completed seginaikai and grovi and managed 3 levels (mixed in a few meteors and a touch of gathering). Got up to speed runner 3 and got the swimming feat for bonus xp. Only using teaching puddings.

Max agility and some decently forged hookshot iron grapples makes it super fun. Just wish swimming was a tad faster.

2 Likes

That is unfortunate if they have removed yet another way to gain exp, even if that way was niche at best.

It would be easy to automate a bot to do this for a long time though, so a change of some kind would eventually happen. I can think of how to do it, I’m not that clever either, I’m sure others could do it in an even better way than I can imagine.

That said, unfortunately I don’t think it’s ever possible to be completely rid of botting, for example in wow I feel like it’s only gotten worse, at least it was last time I played, but that’s off-topic. :slight_smile: But countering botting always requires human supervision to be effective in my opinion.

There will most likely be more in the future.

1 Like

I go to besevrona and gather reactive lamella from branch funnel fungus. 50xp per plant, usually level once per few hours of gathering.