Whats your definition of prestige bombing

Seems the devs have said it’s part of the gameplay mechanics for now. If you love playing king-of-the-hill & it’s allowed, go for it.

I’d personally never do that because there are many things I’d rather do with my time and I’m not a t u r d ;p

IMO, nefarious prestige bombing ia forging/gathering blocks with only the intent of boosting prestige, like hiding gleam in walls or under roads.

I will admit that I have a room that, when I only have a few left over high end blocks from a build, I dump them in instead of into storage.If I have 10 or more, they go into storage.

Of course, I pull them back out as fast as I put new ones in, so it’s more like storage I get prestige for.

So, to me, prestige bombing is about intent.

If you build giant gleam towers because you like the look, that’s not prestige bombing.

While building and later tearing down our last settlement, I’d find pits and holes just walled off. I’d look at my hubby and go “you could have stuffed chiseled gleam in here! Tch, what a waste.”
We’d laugh, but never go through with it bc we are of course joking.

Not sure if that’s what you meant or not: hiding gleam in small or large amounts behind walls or in pits.

IMO: When you build something you would not otherwise build were it not for the massive prestige gain. There is of course nothing wrong with building something cool with prestige in mind, but I think the spirit of the game is clearly to build things you like and that others will want to see. It’s no surprise that people love to do this, though. A lot of gamers are happy to turn the game into a spreadsheet with graphics so they can just watch some numbers go up.

This is exactly what I was talking about

I guess i have a very pompus taste. I just want to build things that make people go «wtf! Why would someone do this».

Which is why my flan home has roughly 4k decorative topaz.

Going for 10k of all deco gems. Titanium, silver, gold, machined.
10-20 of every machine with 5 and up advanced coil attached.

Im going for high prestige, but i wont hide it, i want it to show! I want to do things that make people go «no way just one person made this»

I dont got the artistic skill or the patience for advanced sculpting and polish. I play on ps4 and its just to… i dunno frustrating becouse i cant do it quickly :stuck_out_tongue:

But i do tedious and endless stuff with springtime of youth passion!

And i i really enjoy dumping alot of prestigr at once. Idd like to think that a jump of 500k in prestige makes people curious enough to pay a visit. I know im like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

People tried to prestige bomb me, on shedu. I built four towers of decro gem blocks around them, 20ish? plots high until they gave up.

Lol that’s hilarious. Storing prestige in containers and then displaying it when someone tries to move in.

2 Likes

“Whats your definitation of prestige bombing”

A vaild tactic to try to pursue what is really the only legal “PvP” aspect we have in this game, and something that is sure to cause alot of debate, and complaining on the forum.

Any act that causes an increase of 200k points or more, over a very short time (30min)

I could place every block I own for a cool 1million. but that would be a massive ugly cube!

1 Like

Spamming decorative topaz and chiseled machined metal is the new hot ■■■■ in terms of prestige bombing.

And then with the uncovering Galan the age of gleem has ended, and the age of Topaz has begun!

1 Like

I’d say any time someone actively fills a p-vault and suddenly boosts their prestige. Similar to a prestige fire, but that is more gradual. Less impressive than p-nukes which would probably need to be compact metal or higher stretching from water level to build height.

Should it be allowed? Well, we have the tools to do it, so yeah dont see why not. I’m not a fan of the ugly prestige cube/tower though. Id prefer if people bury p-only builds underground, and keep the skyline for interesting / impressive builds. That said, theres nothing wrong building an amazing structure out of pure topaz, I’d take a look at that :blush:

if i want more prestige i hide it in my rooms, since there is no really use for rooms in big buildings (and i got alot big buildings with alot empty rooms) so when i feel like “i want more prestige” i go to theese rooms and stuff them

1 Like

I’ve started building a rather large underground lair and have used quite a bit of machined iron and copper
Very much a work in progress and one I’m quite enjoying.

This has caused me to become top dog of Chisel Town (more about that here

Was my sole purpose to build prestige to become viceroy. nope.
Was I going to hold back on mats used. nope.
But I have to admit I did quite enjoy getting the achievement :slight_smile:
It might be “lame” or whatever but I certainly didn’t do it to upset anyone.
I recognise Karokendo as leader of chisel town and will respect his wishes as to what to do.
I’m hoping we will all band together and go go city status, but who knows.

Building a hole or whatever just to fill with prestige blocks seems a waste…could always try to make a giant bit of art…even if underground.

1 Like

Yup i dug a hole below my build… now it feels like such a nice bat-cave and meeting point for the finata underground that i just can gleambomb it lol

prestige bombing:
When you build tight spaces packed full of high prestige blocks for the sole purpose of surpassing\keeping a warden\viceroy status.

Prestige bombing to me is someone placing blocks to increase prestige with no regard whatsoever to the aesthetics of what they are building.

I have no problem with people creating nice looking gleam structures. And I have no problem with prestige vaults, as long as they’re hidden from sight or nicely integrated into the build (like a vault room in a bank building)

Gleam towers are a scourge though. Of course, one man’s gleam sculpture is another man’s gleam monstrosity, so it is somewhat subjective :slight_smile:

This has recently become an issue for my group and I. We had someone connect up to our settlement without talking to us, then when we said we’d rather stay on our own, got offended and straight up told us they were going to do it anyway and prestige bomb us so they could take it over. For a bit we were trying to counter-act him by doing some of these prestige cheesing tactics, but realized the whole situation was just pathetic and gave up.

I think something they could consider adding to this game is some kind of spendable prestige points that players get periodically or something. The normal prestige could still be a thing, but if there were some kind of alternate system where players could actively choose to give some of their “appreciation” to a particular settlement because they think it is unique, that’d be neat. Of course, I know that people like to strip the fun right out of almost any design idea so I’m sure we’d start seeing people buying and selling this stuff somehow too. Some people just play games because they like seeing a number go up and they’ll always cheese systems like this.

Should be able to group-prestige among guildmates instead of each fighting individually for top prestige. Once guilds are a thing.

1 Like