Wheat/Oat/kranut farms?

Anyone found a cleverish way to maximise the amount of crops planted and still keep an even sustain and crop yield on any of these?

I can set up the established channel of mud and water, 3 rows of crops, channel of mud and water, etc. But feel like losing 25% of the plantains area is a bit too much!

With yams I can use every block to plant on and still max the sustain/crop yield percentage:

And with the inorganic I can get good sustainability with decent crop yields losing only very little plantable area:

But can’t quite work out how to do something similar with wheat, oat or kranut!

Any ideas are greatfully received :+1:

Could you post the layout of the combustion/kindling design please?

I’ll update this with some pics in a bit.

But the layout:

Deco gravel - X
Bonus block -O

OXXXOXXXOXXXO
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
OXXXOXXXOXXXO

So N/S 3 spaces between bonus block, and E/W 2 spaces (can be the other way around, but as long as it’s 3 one way and 2 the other)

The lava is channeled underneath.

Row 1 and 3 between the bonus blocks has a slope chiselled on the underside and lava filled in there.

Borrowed heavily from here:

The ‘broken’ lava channels work fine for combustion, but the kindling requires continuous channels, I thought I ended up just doing a continuous channel for both, but apparently not!

This is the underside of combustion:

For kindling make the lava channels continuous, and use the appropriate bonus blocks of course.

If you add a couple of lava spots in the corners (still underneath) you will have the same percentages on every deco gravel block.

2 Likes

Did you try farm school?

Yeah, thanks! :+1:

They have the standard 3, 1, 3, 1, etc that I had used before.

That way means that 25% of the farm area is taken by bonus blocks, and cannot be planted on.

With my yam farms, 100% is usable. I know that will not be possible for the less basic crops, but wondered if anyone had boee able to reduce the amount of blocks taken up by bonus blocks and still maintain the percentages evenly.