When did you start playing boundless?

When did you start? When did the addiction begin? When did you lose touch with reality? Where did you land?

For me:
September 2018
Sorissi
First person I met was a player named Groin…yes haha that was his name.

7 Likes

Umm first day it went live on ps4 right at launch. First person I met was the person that got me to buy the game lol. Discobnny. But she no longer plays. After her I don’t remember his name but he introduced me to the network that was setup up on our planet(Maryx)

2 Likes

My two super good friends bought me the game. I started on Sept. 13 2018… I landed on Trior to be with them. I found the game frustrating for the first week, or so, but I fell in love with crafting and the economy. I also really loved exploring planets and gathering.

I’m the only one left from my original group… my city has a ton of memories… some bittersweet. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

2016 for me back in the old worlds long before we have skill trees/exo/forging etc

2 Likes

Would have love to known about this game in the beginning. Unfortunately I played on console back then.

its come along way since,amazed how much its changed in only a few years and we still have alot more to come,honestly looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Landed on Kada the minute it went live on ps4 and made my home there. First person I made friends with is @DKPuncherello. I used to be someone who plays multiple games but boundless really took over in 2019. I love this game but regret to say my interest in playing has faded recently.

5 Likes

first look at it without playing much… around 2016
playing constantly full time from February 2017 - just before portals were introduced

the excitement of it back then :grinning::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

At launch. I cant remember, if i told Mesa about the game, or if Mesa told me about it, but we started together and were both impressed with the mechanics of the game.

I lost my first big base to regeneration, as GC wasnt in the game then. I quit due to bitterness and went back to Ark, only to get fed up with maintaining my dinos and bases in that game and return. After the introduction of GC, im never going to leave this game permanently.

5 Likes

I played for a week when it was released for bakers. There were no mobs and iirc there were no recipes for crafting.

I just built a tiny house and didn’t play again til last year.

My PC back then wasn’t able to handle he game and the first thing I did with my new one was start playing boundless.

6 Likes

how come the bakers got invited and the butcher and candlestick maker were left out!? :stuck_out_tongue:
seriously thought back then even i had issues running the game and i had a decent pc.

7 Likes

Bread is life! That’s why

3 Likes

I played a week near the end of 2017. My Brother bought it for me. I built a little hut, had started a larger build just outside, then got detered at the slowness and grind that was ahead of me to build something not all that grand.

I picked it back at at Early access. The wipe interested me and I was addicted after month 1. only had a
1 month break since.

3 Likes

I bought the game back when it was still Oort Online, in 2015 I think, but steam showed 20-30 hours or so. Weirdly enough, I barely remember what I did back then, other than having real fun with the grappling hook on that world which had floating islands. Maybe I just did that for 30 hours, who knows.

Anyway, I picked up the game again a few days ago and the addiction set in after some of the first hurdles. Currently I’m working towards making an actual home for myself at my starter planet, replacing that rectangular amalgamation of wood blocks. It is, in fact, the first time I’m trying to get serious with building in a game like this.

8 Likes

PS 4 preorder release. Started next to DarthPain and the beginnings of Rivertown and Aeneas hut was around the corner.

4 Likes

PS4 preorder. I got a little plot near the Aquatopia hub and proceeded to build a dirt box for myself. I had my own trapdoor access to mining in my basement. OP!

Infinistore had a free iron tools giveaway. After that I never looked back :blush:

4 Likes

I started at 7th September 2018 on console, but I was looking to this game untill it was called OortOnline , i joined this forum 25th December 2016.
I landed on Sochaltin I

3 Likes

Spring 2016, started at server civini. Build my first base there and explored the worlds.
It was breathtaking to wander around those fantastic worlds then.

Was scared to death when i meet another player several weeks later on Llamblis(?).

My first base:

9 Likes

Sept 2018 (launch). Warped into Antar VI, shortly moved to Arie. First player I can remember meeting is a player called Tea, can’t remember the settlement.

Edit: Tea Town on Arie

3 Likes

I don’t know the exact date anymore but it was not long after launching of preAlpha. 2015

Looking back at old post I came across this

soooo many memories

5 Likes