When did you start playing boundless?

Beta sometime. No one I landed with on phem plays anymore. Started a town called Wonkru and polis. In a early viceroy battle with blacklight.

2 Likes

December 2018 on PS4. I started during the Oortmas event with snowball fights everywhere on maryx and was confused as hell, lol. Been in the same region since

2 Likes

Hi and welcome : )

1 Like

I found and bought in 2016 scrolling Steam for a MMO to play . I loaded the game twice after that and then completely forgot about after I got an Xbox1 . In 2018 I built a new computer specifically for a new game that was coming out that unfortunately didn’t hold my interest long . Nov of 2019 bored with my other games I found Boundless in my steam library and decided to give it a shot .

5 Likes

30 September, 2017. Took me and a buddy almost two hours to find one another after landing near one another on Solum. Found about 10 or so others close by and helped build up a town called Elara(?) before it disapoofed.

3 Likes

I bought game on January 2018 after I sold some pubg, csgo and dota items on Steam market :smiley:

Landed to swamp on Therka and died many times to meteorites that hit to starting planet back then. I read stuff that people got lost on another planets and couldn’t warp back home so I just were mining with stone hammer on for maybe first 20-30 hours of game :smiley:

Met some friendly players on first weeks in game and they did open portal for me to their place and visiting Therka Market was really cool thing because it was crazy that it was all player made.

4 Likes

Don’t forget @Pseudonym84 i got the world record on Spitter’s Maw.

I started playing on March 2017. About 2 months into a broken ankle. Next several months were pretty good and pretty prolific. I unfortunately wasn’t as long-lived as some of these other fantastic people. I burnt out due to a couple unfortunate incidents. Left July 2017 or so, and only just came back to it.

But i was here long enough to see and abuse the Flower Exploit, Prestige being completely broken by stone furnaces (worth more than a GLASS BLOCK!), and remember somehow wresting capital control from a couple of other folks all with my one single building.

I just wish i was here in the middle of all these updates. I’ve missed a lot. (What i miss more is being able to find 500 sapphires in a single vein. Wish they didn’t patch that one out :frowning: )(Thats probably a record. 500 sapphires in about 30 minutes)

5 Likes

Three weeks ago! Don’t think I’ve ever been so addicted to a game like this. I may have taken my ps4 to work the other day to farm beans…

10 Likes

Hahah that’s brilliant, can I ask what type of job you have that allows you to bring in a console?! :smile:

2 Likes

I’m at a tourism outfit but on my own. So just hooked it up to the monitor. Nice to be able to setup my crafting :grin:

4 Likes

Haha winning! :joy:

3 Likes

PS4 launch is when I started. Never looked at another game since. Lol.

5 Likes

I started playing boundless round October 4 2018.
Never heard from the game. And wass scrolling the YouTube and came across a live stream of PS Access playing boundless. Only watched for a min or two went to my PSN Store bought it immediately because she said;
if no man sky (believe it was) and Minecraft had a baby
Mentioning owning land using portals to other worlds and playing with other people.

Lost touch with reality after 30 min of play time after I finished the tutorial and figuring out how it all works.

Yes took a small break when Anthem and BL3 came out. But checking in every day to start machines and fuel stuff.

:wink:

3 Likes

I started playing on September 6th 2018 i preordered and got to play before the 11th when it fully released on ps4

2 Likes

I too started in 2014. The client was written in JavaScript (not Java, they’re two different and pretty much unrelated programming languages). I’m not sure what language the server was written in, probably the same. I played because I could run in a browser window on Linux, which was handy because I had to do some WebGL testing for work and it was an ideal test client. Still bitter they don’t distribute the Linux client after the C++ rewrite.

The forums didn’t appear until March of 2015. There have been two full wipes since I started playing.

2 Likes

I will defer to you on computer languages…no real knowledge there. LOL I had the “Java” right (the word).

1 Like

February, 22 2019, lost touch with reality on: February, 22 2019, Landed on: Beckon

P.S. My rainbow tower sits where I landed :smile: :rainbow:

4 Likes

We left a sculptor in original settlement. The King of Bramble be the one legged man!

Don’t worry Gina, I as your friend will remain till the last day the city and game itself stands. You have been an amazing friend and everyone else at ILLN :smile:

3 Likes

I dont remember the exact date I discovered this game… I think it was something like… 2014? I remember we had an entirely different forum platform for a year before we started using this current one. All founders from the old forum platform joined this platform on March 3, 2015. Those were some heated debates… I found the old Oort Online forums to check my join date, but I cant access it anymore. Joining back then was a leap of faith, as the base price to play was $95 USD to be a Wayfarer to get instant access. The community was small, but intensely dedicated! I wonder if I can pull stuff up with the wayback machine…

7 Likes