When did you start playing boundless?

activate the WAYBACK machine!

5 Likes

I started Sept 7 2018 on console and the first friend i made was a player named Pof. He would show me all the advanced tools and blocks i didnt know about and he gave me my first auto looter. I remember standing in his shop while he chisel changed gems thinking he was a wizard or something. Oh and i landed on beckon but moved to biitula after a few days.

2 Likes

Yes, if you have pix from back then plz post. I love looking through the EA stuff :grin:

2 Likes

Tried pulling up stuff from the wayback machine, and indeed found a post from myself on August 30, 2014, but I cant find any pictures from that time! I suspect I have some screen shots on my old pc… I’ll have to investigate when I get home from work. If I do find some, I’ll make a new topic so to not hijack @Ratchel’s thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sept 2018, 3 or 4 days after the launch (not the early access launch). I landed on Beckon. I fell in love quickly, within a few days of playing I knew I was going to be playing this game for a long time.

I lost touch with reality long ago though, in an unrelated, yet equally relevant stent with playing a certain MMO…

Edit: I found out about the game from Game Informer, which is when I made a forum account. Kept checking in every so many months until launch. I had been burnt too many times in then recent time by EA games so I chose not to invest before it left EA, but loved what I saw back then.

2 Likes

23rd march 2018.

landed on Therka in a isolated rocky desert patch. had no idea what I was doing (still don’t :sweat_smile:) but had an enormous amount of fun figuring things out.
seemed an age till I started venturing out to discover other settlements (and portals!), but still fondly remember that feeling of trying to survive in this bleak but beautiful landscape, battling hunger and the local wildlife.

3 Likes

Started in late 2018…right before the first creature drops were added, I believe. This game has changed so much in a short time

2 Likes

September 2018 for me also, I don’t remember what planet though first city was Anvil. First player I met was powerman doin a jack hammer mining run and I was like what the heck is that!! He gave me a almost broken ruby hammer and mega fast brew. Lol changed whole experience after that :blush:. I now give what ever I can to noobs when ever I meet them.

2 Likes

I do remember the old forum and Zouls! Where is @Zouls :bomb:

3 Likes

Dropping logic bombs without mercy or remorse in other forums I suppose :slight_smile: I still bother him on discord from time to time, I might just ask him.

2 Likes

I joining the game like you in the old oort online times, still as java game :wink: 1 month after you, dec 2014
but only as steam game not over the website

my cubic for the 3d effect

left side my first glass labyrinth, right bottem my ice slide

my first home

some deco in the air

look in steam, best date you can find, more accurate as the forum

7 Likes

If I remember right I started playing a month or two after it released on PS4. :thinking: I had only intended to be a casual player that played for a month or two before moving on . Now look what happened to me. :astonished::joy:
Raxxa is where I landed. My first beacon was placed not far from it.

3 Likes

I was playing on the ga.me platform back then, the game was not yet in the Steam Greenlight program!

Hmm. Looks like ga.me still exists! Maybe I can dig up my profile from back then and trace an exact date that way? Thanks for the inspiration!

2 Likes

February 8th 2015 back in the Oort online days with the orange box and crazy grapple. Good times

5 Likes

I miss the orange boxes that were people. It was so exciting to see another orange blob in the distance. :joy:

4 Likes

I miss the time you can use 10 grapple at the same time :joy: this was so funny, like a spider
(damm i deleted the screenshot from it )

and the world was a cube and not a globe

3 Likes

So I just went to ga.me to see if I could figure out my original signup date (I can’t seem to be able to) but found I could still start the game…

Of course there’s no server running, but still. I can tell you this screen brings back strong memories of anticipation.

5 Likes

I remember going off the edge of the world. I even found a spot once where I could actually go under it where there was a cave. I SO wish I had that mini map back.

2 Likes

my first day way 8-20-2017. I cant remember the name of the first player I met. I do remember the first friend I made it was Moebius and he is still my friend to this day. here are some pics of my first build.

and some other pics to reminisce and this build was awesome to it was built by Liveey A pic from the first day building the new Aquatopia

12 Likes

I remember my excitement after warping from my home world (Therka) for the first time. Target: Septerfon. And than I pissed my pants, as I found this huge stack of sweet creamy gleam. It was February 2017:

note top left log - we earned xp and leveled up in a few separate categories (or classes: miner, hunter, builder etc.)
there were no skills, so levels only gave coin and plots, as far as I remember anyway;

all players had the same walk/sprint speed, could only jump 1 block high, had the same HP and energy, had the same placing block speed and placing block reach, etc. etc.

5 Likes