When did you swear off forging?

There’s been a couple times I swore off forging for like a day. There’s kind of an ongoing joke with my friends of how statistically unlucky I am.

There was one time I accidentally set a wonky trigger gem chisel set… That is quite painful.

1 Like

Apparently even if working correctly this ingredient will attempt to roll a new boon anyways.

more BS

1 Like

Yes, using Boon Removal does roll another boon but it tells you this in the tooltip. What upsets me is when it doesn’t remove it at all, contrary to it’s tooltip explanation.

What then separately drives me nuts is after being properly removed the same boon is rerolled 5-6 times. It’d be really great if the chances of rerolling the boon just removed were halved each time it had to be removed or something.

1 Like

There was once i got 3 desired boon after xxx times of tries, then I mistaken put in boon removal instead of vigour catalyst … damm…

1 Like

Actually, it doesn’t

Yeah at one point i was rolling for random boons and messing around, and boon removal solvent 2 took all the boon points off the boon, didn’t remove it, and rolled a completely new boon. shudder

This literally is the straw that finally prompted this whole thread :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

it’s a HUGE drag.

Yeah, that sounds painful, too.

Ahh, horse’s a$$, you’re right. My bad, I guess I was just so used to it.

I have encountered so much of this, during the course of this week. It’s not you.

Also it appears that the tooltips of some items may have changed recently to be even LESS descriptive. :joy:

This is EXACTLY what everyone is pissed about. All of my friends that raged quit have quit over this very reason. Perhaps others things that were not so apparent as well. Believe it or not I have NEVER used the forge. I don’t want to be one of these people. I should be a billionaire in this game of I didn’t have buy everything lol. Why would they decrease the effect chance of road runner feathers? Like you said, top tier mats should provide top tier results, period! No RNG required.

2 Likes

" When did you swear off forging?"

When salvaging became so profitable!

Just joking…please don’t flame me. lol

1 Like

Lol well good thing you cannot raid in this game. But you can salvage a dead plot. :tongue:

2 Likes

ops
fixed. lol

Lol :joy:. Man I’ve got so much forged gear from this. Like today, a beacon is expiring. Loaded with gear.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the forging system as it is. I like the RNG element as the outcome is constantly different.
It would be way too easy to constantly forge exactly what you want to forge.

5 Likes

To be honest, I’m not sure about that myself. It’s true there is some variance, though mostly in the materials I spend. And I can pretty much get what I want every time at the moment and it’s actually not too much hassle. Honestly, getting the ingredients is almost more hassle than actually using the forge.

From my point of view, all the RNG influences for me is whether I have to deconstruct or not because I got the wrong boons at the start or because I made a mistake in the order I used something.

And yes, I do still waste materials that I wouldn’t have wasted if there was less or no RNG, and I do have to think about what I’m doing.

I’m simply suggesting that people can get exactly what they want, which could be a subjective notion, since personally it’s not like I’m trying to forge stuff with very low flexibility.

3 Likes

I would argue the materials are expensive and not easy to find so all RNG does is make the tools cost more. Why is that a good thing? I do not understand why things in Boundless have to be as complicated as they are. As an example a Marble Block takes 8 steps and 7 basic ingredients to make, not including spark or fuel and not including the cost to make any of the machines. A Persisting Pie takes 10 ingredients and 12 steps not including fuel or spark or any costs to make the machines. I have not played any games where the recipes were this complicated and they have many more active players.

4 Likes

The moment I gave up on Boon Removal Solvent and started using Deconstruction Resin 3 is when I started enjoying forging a lot more. That way you’re spending (arguably not many more) materials to not waste vigour, which results in much more consistent forging.

The only time I use Boon Removal Solvent now (and only 1 because 2 is broken) is when making AoE tools, so I can make sure I don’t end up with Random Acts.

Completely agreed, the only thing I wish for is that they make flexibility on gem gear consistent. It makes no sense currently. And the no-brainers like removing AoE on items it doesn’t do anything on. Sometimes I also wish for more consistent (or at least more transparent) gum mechanics, or splitting more boons into different gum tags to make it more controllable, for example moving Number Of Shots away from Special into Venerable.

I genuinely enjoy forging despite the occasionally very frustrating setbacks, and would actually like to do it more, but first I need to sell forged items more aggressively because I have no reason to forge more otherwise.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but your reply is spot on. Exactly what is the point of having a skill page maxed out for forging if your going to still have to deal with the same roll of the dice.

4 Likes

I think as soon as I realised that I needed to use a spreadsheet to do it.

It’s just too difficult … and I have had great training, too!

1 Like