When will we see the big update?

When will the update be release?
Also will they be advertiseing it more after update to get more players I suggest advertise on tiktok and Facebook also YouTube

3 Likes

Soon™,

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile: No one really knows when it’s coming, but I’ve been expecting it “any day now” for months… So I’d say before the year is out?

(if the game doesn’t completely die before then)

Updates?

#trigger

4 Likes

Are the test servers being updated or worked on at all? Not on pc, so I would never know.

After the rona gets eterminated

2 Likes

yeah, we can dream sol :grin: :laughing:

2 Likes

This is speculation but I don’t believe we are going to see the update for at least another couple months. @james and team have clearly moved on from Boundless in support of BG3 and other initiatives for Larian. There’s been no communication on this or on the update.

If I had to guess, they are working towards some critical release for BG3 and then they might free up slightly to work on Boundless.

5 Likes

That’s my guess too - with an update of this nature, though I don’t know tech stuff that well, I have to think it would be prone to potential issues the testing might not catch. If they release they update, then they are committing to the tech support on it. BG3 is hitting some roadblocks of it’s own it looks like, so it probably would be pretty risky to release an update now if it is all hands on deck for the BG3 work.

2 Likes

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today

8 Likes

Starting to loose faith that we are getting the update at this point

2 Likes

BG3 probably won’t be out until mid to late 2022, which is fine because it means they will make sure it is a great game. Then there will be updates, DLC and whatever the next thing Larian makes to keep everybody busy. (Divine Divinity 3? BG4? A new IP?) Unless Wonderstruck gets money to hire new people I don’t expect anything new for Boundless. However, my family got a creative and are changing from one sovereign world to a new one so we are inspired enough for now.

I don’t expect to ever see the update. It will be great to be wrong but I have resigned myself to this is the best it will get.

That being said…I bought this game in 2014 for $95.00. Lets say some cubit purchases, some Sov planets and fuel…All in for about $300.00-$400.00. Works out to $43.00-$57.00 per year give or take. That was still good entertainment for 7 years.

11 Likes

There is no fixed date. I think it is most likely that at the rate that BG3 is developing with so many problems, we will not see this update this year, which is quite unfortunate if this is the case. Fingers crossed that at least it’s only 2 or 3 more months. But there is no hope anymore.

1 Like

People that have the slightest grasp on the tech stuff can tell you its a load of bumpkiss…

they need to figure out a path issue when you download a world from steam workshop, versus generating that world in a folder…

for the MMO universe this update is going to remove the level caps on skills and thats basically it…

The issue you all should be asking isnt “when is the next patch?” but “is the delay between content updates which continues to grow… going to continue growing?”

3 Likes

Maybe they are working on a massive Boundless update, with a new name and new branding. With huge promotion planned for the comming holidays. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Here’s hoping :wink:

1 Like

I doubt it will come at all. The developers have obviously all but abandoned the game as Larian doesn’t consider it a priority. In the unlikely situation the servers haven’t gone offline before then, they may get back to it after Baldur’s Gate 2 is completely finished.
I just came back to the game after a bit of a break to find it’s virtually dead and there is precious little as to explanations or reassurance from the devs. I’d be wiling to bet it’s just James at this point.

5 Likes

There appear to be at least four developers who visit the forums daily(James, Blake, Leah, and vdragon - honorable mention to Luca who visited July 3). Who knows what they are doing, why they are checking on the forums, or if they also do development on the game, but they at least load up the forums daily.

https://forum.playboundless.com/g/Wonderstruck

I’m not demanding that you have hope. IMO, even renewed promises wouldn’t give me more hope for future updates - only action.

4 Likes

They will follow the blizzards road and release classic boundless with ultimate battle pass system and lvl boost pack… And dont Forget portal pack with over 100 portal conduits and 100 oortstones… Also black diaper included. Only 79.99€

7 Likes