When will we see the big update?

Well that would be an income source to cover costs/hire, an unpopular strategy, but still.

DISCLAIMER
Before the forum gets trigger happy I’m not in favor for the game to become a cash cow.

TO OP
I for one think the update will come at some point soon. Who knows if it will come with some hidden goodies.

SIDE NOTE
I’d be extremely happy for a official dev kit(with documentation) to be released so we the community can build up the game during the lull.

8 Likes

2-3 months is hardly anything, that update is huge (yes I know there’s an unfortunate delay on meelee weapons for the ginormous part of the update, I assume the two are linked for tek reasons I dunno anything about)

1 Like

Don’t worry everyone. Everything is awesome

1 Like

I would absolutely go for a Gleampass if it had good cosmetics in it.

That be awesome boundless 2.0 I’d jump back in. This game still has a special place in my heart even if I don’t play it anymore.

2 Likes

Had a good chuckle here hehe

4 Likes

that would require a team of artists to create content non stop, last i checked boundless had between 0-1 artists and no budget for anything

3 Likes

:joy: Sorry I couldn’t resist.

Hopefully there will be an update coming in some reasonable time. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Soon :tm:
The update is coming Soon :tm:

1 Like

Or get other news projects and leave Boundless in the past lol

1 Like
1 Like

The test servers are playable…ish.

Update Coming Soon, I Think! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Honestly, same. I feel like they hit full release too early and we’re missing all of the things we were promised and they aren’t ever going to come back to deliver them. It’s sad, I really loved this game. Now it just scratches my itch to build when I have it.

5 Likes

A more interesting math would be to see the total price you are paying divided by the hours you’ve played
a price per hour :slight_smile:

i’ve played boundless more hours than any other game in my life and counting, by thanksgiving i should be at 5000 hours at least. So yeah for a bunch of us i agree, we are getting value. in price per year or price per hour however you see it.

1 Like

That would be like a half a penny per hour lol. I’d say to find the value you could figure out the amount of money you spent on all games per year/month before owning Boundless and compare it to how much you’ve spent since owning it (including money spent on and in Boundless), then weigh the potential savings overall against money spent on and in Boundless alone.

And if you really want to dig deep, subtract the cost of skipped meals :grimacing:

1 Like

hmmm

1. Before owning boundless in 2015 the only money i spent on gaming was to purchase minecraft (2014)
  2. Since owning boundless I’ve played other games and bought games.
  3. League of Legends was the most I’ve invested money wise into videogames (they trick you into thinking 10 bucks here and there don’t add up…but they do)
    4.so an estimated boundless cost of 300ish compared to the rest since owning boundless of 2500 (mostly league) (not including the cost of 2 consoles, just their games) over 6 years.
  4. weigh potential savings’ yeah if i never played league to begin with i could have saved so much money.
    Boundless is also better for me since i don’t need to spend irl money to have nice things, i can just gather or spend in game coin. Whereas in other games there is definitely an irl money component to nice looking things :confused:

So if i understood your suggested line of math correctly, boundless is my best option for value :slight_smile:

if i missed something in the math or misunderstood please please let me know.

That’s certainly an interesting way to look at it, and I can see how people might come to view it that way. My view is a little different thought. I tend to factor games into whether it is worth the time, more than whether it is worth the money. It’s not that money isn’t a factor, but time is definitely the limiting factor for me.

And for me, even thought there is no ongoing financial requirement (actually, when you value time over money, Gleam club is a no-brainer so actually there is an ongoing financial component too), I just have more fun, or feel a greater sense of achievement in other games. For example for me, SWtOR is much better value for time. If I don’t have long, I can still pop on and do a few dailies, or a quick dungeon etc etc and still feel like I both had fun and made progress (and I’ve been playing it on and off since launch). It often takes hours of play to get a similar feeling from Boundless.

It always makes me wonder if there’s a better middle ground to be reach that has yet to be attained.

4 Likes

If you own a large planet, play 4 hours a day for a year you are playing at roughly $0.32/hour, where as if you just bought the game and just played 4 hours a day its more like 0.02/$

Wait u play Star Wars the old republic cool