Where are the portals in PixelGate (HUEHUE...HUEH)

I thought I’d drop a beacon nearby and discovered no portals, and a big hole in the floor in the building where the portals used to be. What happened? Feeling a bit of day-late-and-dollar short here.

walk around there are portals there elsewhere that go to all new networks and to transferstation @Jeffrotheswell and hub @SWProzee1

the big hub on pixel is kapoet lolz

from transfer station go to therka theres a portal to my plaza and there is also the new giant hub also a small comunity off players in therka market that are active

*Kaput. I think that’s what you mean. It’s (possibly) from the Latin root Caput/Capitis, basically “head”.

Kaput usually is understood to mean “beheaded”.

Alternatively, it could be from the German “kaputt” meaning ruined. Not as exciting of a mental image to go with that backstory though.

So, in a place as large as that, how do I specifically target beacons belonging to individuals? Seems like a bit of a walk-around to find them. (Although I might as well since my furnaces have stopped working.)

in dutch we say kapot but iff we badly imitade german accent we say kapoet lolz
hahaha

dont know about that i useally find my way because i walked around alot

I just set up a small portal network in pixel gate in the star shop at cooks corner. Feel free to use them.

4 Likes

If you’re looking for PixelGate’s Transfer Station, this is it right here:

2 Likes

Thanks for the image–I’ll give that a look this morning.

Not quite the same–and the portals are locked.

As is this one–complete with error message!

It looks like I’m not getting off Solum any time soon. :neutral_face:

1 Like

It may say locked, but that’s only the interface which lets you open/close the portals and add fuel that’s locked. Apart from that, just give the portals time to load if they say connection failed.

Also, I apologize if my screenshot wasn’t clear, but its the building on the left-hand side there, not the building my cursor is focused on.

This is the transfer station:

Portal says locked but I went through it no problem:

Editted to add images.

4 Likes

Yeah, I saw the portals…I was commenting on how old that screen cap was. :smile:

Um…how do I invoke the portals without hitting ‘e’ or smacking them (or whatever one does) when they’re locked? They just stood there all white and chalky the entire time I was present. I thought maybe they wanted me to grab the thigh-bone of an antelope and beat my nearest ape neighbor to death with it and then throw the bone into the air where it would become an orbital weapons platform–but then I realized this is “Boundless” and not “2001: A Space Odyssey.”

1 Like

Are you on the testing or live server?

Yup.

j/k

Testing. I don’t go to the live server anymore. My facilities there are inferior. :smile:

There are only three planets on the testing server (Elipso…by word of mouth, never been there on the testing server…vulpto and solum). I could get on tonight and revive my testing server portal to vulpto in Huehuehuehuehue (aka, Pixelgate). If my place still exists I guess.

Some of those portals might have gone to planets that don’t exist on the testing server (at some point, it looks like the world was saved and split in two, so the testing server is a copy of the live server at some point and they diverged in development since).

When you walk close to the portal, does it come up with purple text something like ‘waiting for world to load’? or any other text?

Edit: Looks like my place is still around in your pictures, so I can get on and reopen my portal.

Oh sorry, didn’t realize you were on the Testing server, that’s my fault entirely.

Only the portal in the Green Lantern citadel picture–and it’s messed up.

Don’t worry. I’ll come back to Live. I’m running out of options on Test because the furnaces are breaking. I can remake my original homestead–it wasn’t in that great of a location to start with.

Just copying a message I originally left for someone else but please feel free to join KrakenDown on Solum! We are connected to a major portal hub with easy access to nearly all the worlds (and slightly less easy access to the rest of the worlds).

We are in the Solum area called Horti Wimpffenni

If you go into the debug info (by pressing the period key “.” I think 2 times until the small print comes up) we are at the location:

-1713, 102, -1256

NOTE: these coordinates only makes sense for debug mode.

Not sure if anyone is online right now (I’m at work), but please feel free to plop down a beacon anywhere nearby.