Which atmosphere provides the best surface resources

Which atmosphere provides the best surface resources?
I have heard Toxic and Corrision. I know toxic does but does corrosion provide just as good results?

that would be more about biomes than atmosphere, right?

I rolled a few different t6 worlds and the same biomes gave the same resources more or less. So lush biomes with trees and such always have the same fungi and plants, and when you pick rocky high mountains there are boulders there but no plants.
Then the good choice of caves will give you good wide rocky areas for boulders and combustion.

1 Like

Thank you!

Took me a bit to find this post, by @Angellus, very useful-

Resource Generation Question - compiledresourceprofiles - Modding - Boundless Community (playboundless.com)

Boundlexx | Items - This link will take you to info on the resources, show what type of atmosphere is best for each. Toxic best for Glow Caps for example, and Chill best for Stardrops. It doesn’t list what types they don’t spawn on (like, Stardrops don’t spawn on Burns) but you can look at worlds with the resources and see if one with the same tier and type you’re considering is on there.

My favorites for collecting are Toxics and Corrosives, they don’t seem to be missing anything that I’ve noticed. But then, I only do gem worlds on high tiers, can’t speak for coal or metal.

4 Likes

Oh so there is an atmosphere component in it?

So Burn really wouldn’t have stardrops even if you get the right biome?

2 Likes

Looks like it, yep - another I heard of is at least some of the desert plants not being on Chills.

2 Likes

Indeed!
As far as I can tell - oortian staff, desert sword, and spineback plants don’t spawn on chill planets.

I still need to explore a few more to confirm - but it does appear true so far.

4 Likes

Thanks Gang!

1 Like