Which update will be a game-changer for you?

Is it avalable in some form to players at the moment? Because I was under the impression it was not? If it’s not then how can you be certain that they have implemented everything already they said? And that all the things ‘that will be’ in the game will actually be in the game?

Not trying to, I dunno, be annoying or anything, just wondering if it’s the hype talking or actual things that people have seen working… I’m hoping the latter!

Well, they do blog posts to showcase the features, with videos and stuff.
You can see pictures of all the biomes, of the dungeons, of the creatures, of the various blocks you’ll be able to use, and the many UIs and skins available to your characters. The way they create new creatures is the way players will be able to create stuff, with a system working kinda like Google Docs, where several persons can work at the same time on one file.

I mentioned the creature AI. It’s deceptively simple. It’s just reacting to events and things around the creature.
Once all those little things are put together, you get some very fun behaviors. Like ducklings following their mother hen. Or a creature which will go to sleep at night, and if it rains, it will try to find shelter near a firecamp. Or if it sees some food left nearby, it will run towards it and eat it (allowing you to set traps), etc etc.
It sounds simple, and yet it’s still far ahead of creatures in Boundless.

The people behind Hytale were known for creating some of the best community events in Minecraft, and they are backed-up by a lot of big names of the industry.

But Boundless also has a trailer with the Warp Wraith in it and with Titans and other things we don’t have yet.

The creation stuff sounds awesome tho! But I’m of the type who needs to see it to believe it I suppose!

Okay, but did they ever write a game engine and game from scratch? or do they have support from big name companies to help with that?? Because when I first read it that they ran some modded servers I didn’t immediately go “oh yes, sure, they can code like heck and will make this happen, no problem!”.

Ah well, I rather hope Boundless gets to a much more complete state so more people will get addicted to it and it will have a healthy player base and healthy income for WS!

1 Like

Adverizing for things in a trailer that don’t make it in the final game, that’s (sadly) very common. But in Hytale’s case, those things are shown in the trailer as being already almost done.
I don’t have many games in mind where developers will remove features from the game to workshop them for years, aside from Boundless… fortunately.
It’s a very bad practice from Wonderstruck, IMO.

From what I understand, the guys behind Hytale made a pretty good team, and with the following they got out of Minecraft, they have everything at their disposal to make something great. They’re legit motivated by making some great community things, like they did in MC.

But you’re right. Maybe their game engine will suck. Maybe it will be super laggy. That’s indeed the big variable that will make or break Hytale. But I dunno, I wanna believe in them. Hopefully, the beta will clear that out.

Look at anthem, fallout 76, destiny. AAA games that either didn’t have things ready, ginormous bugs, laggy, etc.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 10 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 10 hours.

Yeah, you’re right, but you can’t compare a AAA game to something like Boundless. The problem of Boundless is that they have a small team (apparently).

Hypixel doesn’t belong to a big publisher like Electronic Arts or Activision.

And that’s the main reason why Anthem and Destiny failed. In Anthem’s case, EA wanted Bioware to use Frostbite as a game-engine, which was NOT a game-engine made for Anthem (and not meant for the type of game that Anthem was going to be), which forced Bioware to adapt Frostbite to their needs, and had to deal with many more issues. But it was cheaper than going with Unreal Engine or with a new engine custom-made for Anthem.
These freaking idiots at EA are forcing every single of their games to be made with Frostbite, and at one point, they will learn that it’s a bad idea.

Bethesda, I mean, come on… who thought they could nail on the first try an online game? XD
They’re commonly known as Bug-thesda with their games releasing with so many game-breaking bugs, it’s ridiculous. You wanna know why Skyrim and Fallout 4 are still played today? It’s not for the depth of their universes or the great gameplay. It’s because of modding.
When Fallout 4 was released, it was already visually outdated with some very ugly textures everywhere. First week of release, fans were already hard at work re-doing Bethesda’s work and fixing bugs for them.
And that scammer of Todd Howard thought he could legit sell a multiplayer game that actually had 3/4 of its assets being just re-used assets from Fallout 4. “It just works!” XD

This is pretty off topic guys

1 Like

Very true that it is. But it’s also @Goblinounours topic and he’s the one that lead it that way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 10 hours due to a large number of community flags.

One where you can save your build and items if you don’t want to play for a few months.

1 Like

They have that it is called buying gleam club or putting max fuel in the beacon which gives you 12 weeks.

1 Like

Pretty sure he meant “without having to farm for reagent to craft greater fuel or having to pay with real-life money”.

Yeah I was fueling my beacon for over half a year before one day I log in to refuel and everything’s gone. Was there a rollback after I refueled since it was super laggy when I did it last time? Who know?

Don’t know why I’d actively pay for a game to not play it though.

I kind of want to play right now, but what’s the point when I’ll just lose everything again?

1 Like