Which update will be a game-changer for you?

Wishing someone with your background on arie left for their own planet isnt harrasment. Its hope.

hahahaha and then you say you’re not going to bother others that you’re not a troll ?? you portray yourself with these acts, thank you for being yourself who lets you see who is really

before writing, think what you are going to say, since your translation is not good

I believe the translation issue is your end lol

1 Like

As much as I wouldn’t mind reaping on Karakavra because his toxic behaviour is one of the reasons I left Arie, this is NOT the place for that. Go do that in private message or whatever, but not here.

2 Likes

Enough said

Yea, sorry kinda hijacked this one. My bad

Back on topic though. Farming for sure, but sadly im not sure its enough to save the game. I truly love boundless but worry that there simply arent enough people left. My friends list is a graveyard of former players and no videos from jiivita, more ultima leaders taking "breaks"as well as less and less dev updates has me worried…as well as the now often sub 200 player count prime uk time.

I hope im truly wrong, because i want the game to thrive but updates and promised content is just getting slower and slower

1 Like

This is a rumor that I’ve been hearing more and more. I hope it’s wrong and that the game will keep on going strong.

If it doesn’t, well… it would mean I invested a lot of money in nothing… :unamused:
At least, Hytale should get into Beta soon enough, so that might be something to fall back on, at least for me.

Not sure its even a rumour. Even from a business perspective its hard to work out how the bills are being paid. If theres 5 staff there, all earning 25k ea (likely some a lot more) thats 10k a month in wages. Plus servers, plus premises and utlities. Or an easy 12k a month to keep it open (likely way more). Even on a good day there arent more than 250 people on at once, so lets be nice and say 500 people actively play the game. Thats £24 per person every month we need to spend to keep the lights on.

I only spend 4 on gleam club & maybe just maybe 10 extra on cubits.

Those numbers are a guess. Personally 25k is low for a dev & way lower for a company director. I get the feeling bills would be way higher.

Hopefully james has a few millionaire players spending thousands each month…

Well, rumors I hear are Boundless isn’t the only thing Wonderstruck is working on and in fact are hiring someone for an unnamed project. I don’t think money is a major issue at this time. The farming update sounds very ambitious and I bet they are working hard to get it ready to show us. We just need to be patient.

2 Likes

I’m still under the assumption Sony’s PS4 policy is the only reason they “released” and still have plenty of funding for development. If they were strapped for cash I think we would see tons of wearables and them pushing for adverts.

I am part of the crowd that thinks they are “finishing” the base game before they push to rerelease it with a real media push. But its just my opinion.

12 Likes

I thought this is what they said & I think I read somewhere it’s expected to take about two years. It only released as retail in the fall of 2018. It hasn’t been 2 years yet.

3 Likes

Will it tho? Seems to me they might have over promised a tad as well.

I do hope it will be available on a platform one day so I can play it (Steam would be ok with me)…

1 Like

That was my more hopeful view. Just being an early adopter and guinea pig. Which, i can put up with. Hopefully it isnt released as a v2 or expansion so we have to pay again.

As for cash grabs…free weekend play and ps4 sale recently. Not a endless spam of wearables but i think that would drive more away too

I think the date is up in the air…possibly beyond 2020 from what they said. Who knows

1 Like

Not just Sony I think, tho I would not have a clue what PS4 policy it would be, could be a contract thing tho, same as with Square Enix who also might have pushed for a release…

And yes, I do hope they have plenty of money left, I also hope they will have a playerbase left once they have implemented everything they wanted. Sigh, I adore the game (4k+ hours played since September, I gotta love it!) but the amount of online players worries me. Then there’s the amount of high level players making beautiful and functional things that won’t be used much because there are not enough players around. It’s such a shame to see really…

I hope come September they have implemented enough things to go on a huge advertising spree and get many new players as hooked as we are!

I will be waiting, sad to say, they really need to actually kill the servers before I leave! :joy: I’m that addicted!!

1 Like

I know a bunch of us as players were talking about it, but there has been nothing official that I have seen.

That’s an insult, you do realise that, right? And who is this ‘we’ you are referring to if the rest of your group has stopped playing?

And how am I trying to do everything possible to stop playing? That makes no sense at all.

I do agree tho, that a troll harasses people, it’s what you are doing now and have done in game to many others, some who even posted in this thread saying so. That you can’t see this is kinda sad really.

Ah well… I wish you all the best tho, just keep behaving like you always do and the game will be better for it in the end! :wink:

Please, stop replying to Karakavra. You’re wasting your time, and again, it’s not the thread for that. All you’re going to achieve is a mod coming down to close it down. Meanwhile, all he’s achieving is showing to everybody that he is a toxic person who should be banned. :unamused:

As for Hytale (even though it’s also not the thread for it, but then again, there isn’t really a place for it on this forum), I’d say they already have more stuff than Boundless while not even being on Beta.
There will be a story-mode, there will be dungeons (you can already see the progress on their blog), more block variety, more biomes, super fun creature AI, etc etc. It won’t be an MMO, sure, but on the other hand, there’s extensive tools that are being made for it so that players can take full advantage of the game. I’ve read enough blog post about Hytale to be hyped as hell. ^^

IMO, if Boundless had tools for us to import our own furniture and stuff via the Steam Workshop, the dynamic of the game would be waaaay better.

1 Like