Why DON'T you farm? (POLL)

Farming has parked my interest recently, more specifically, how to automate/improve the process. For this, I want to know one question. Why DON’T you farm?

• Too much effort
  • It takes too long to plant/harvest
  • I have no need to
  • Not an area of the game that interests me
  • Other (please state below)

0 voters

I’m interested to know, so I know where to start optimising.

Thank you! :fist_right::fist_left:

When I started to farm I thought it was great. But as time went by I found that the more I planted the longer it took. Next once I had chests full of what I harvested I found that I had more than enough. Then I realized that some of the things I needed to have to combine with the stuff I grew had to be gotten out in the wild (beans & orbs). I always knew this but when I think about what I started farming for (so I did not have to go out in the wild to get) I saw no real desire to farm anymore. Additionally if I cannot have at least a 100% seed and 50% crop ratio I see no reason to continue.

So until I can plant everything and have that ratio it is kind of dead to me. The only thing I still really plant is Kindling Mass (for concrete).

4 Likes

All of the above. I don’t mind building farms though. That part is enjoyable. And I like the way they look for using them in builds.

6 Likes

I only started farming recently and I wouldn’t exactly call it farming. Once every month or 4 I’ll do it. It’s mostly for looks etc. And it’s not as bad with a proper skill set and speed brews as I initially thought but it’s still quite slow and tedious.

6 Likes

i was excited about farming, but it rly got into a point where i started to value my time more so time invested vs reward you gain was the part why i dont farm or didnt farm really.

it was just easier to buy stuff.

3 Likes

I usually like farming in most games (MC, Farm together, Ooblets, etc), but not so much in BL for whatever reason. Maybe there’s not enough variety or it doesn’t seem rewarding enough. So far, goo is my favorite crop. I use the other crops for decor purposes. I’d plant a lot of the prestige plants if there was a way to stop them from withering. It would be cool if they could be harvested and dropped rare loot.

9 Likes

I farm a lot. I cannot say it is fun, but I don’t have to go hunting for what I need or buy it which was what I wanted. If you get a rhythm down it can be fairly relaxing. I say that because every time I harvest and replant my kindling farm it almost puts me to sleep.

It is a lot of work for much less reward in the end. Kindling is probably the only one I would say is about equal for me in regards to work vs reward as I run a concrete shop.

3 Likes

Spot on! This has happen to me several times.

4 Likes

I farmed my fields for a very long time and the rest of the time I was hunting. It kinda burned me out - I did not enjoy it. With aoe tool gathering it was ok, but planting every single seed oh boy, that’s so darn boring and it takes ages… Also if you want easy earthyam or starberries you can farm peat for example with that stuff on top, that’s how I got bunches back then from the FZO peat farm from @Nexton, otherwise the starberry is easily gathered with leaf farms. For the rest I can see why farms are good, as long as there’s no farming option that makes it more relaxed

Edit: possibly it would be more enjoying if the yield was greater? Or some kind of aoe planting was possible

4 Likes

Or if not every plant needed to be replanted every time such as berries.

3 Likes

The worst you should be getting is kindling at a 55% crop (using the farming epic). Everything else should be 85% or higher. If you aren’t getting those results, its not set up properly.

(Using Farming Epic while harvesting gives a +20% crop that you won’t see on the see/crop info, only when you check your actual harvest results. So the kindling plant will say “100% seed 35%crop” )

3 Likes

Yes I know that. I was just doing a worst case situation. I do get better than what I said.

Using that above is why I don’t do Goo.

If they ever add in farming beans and orbs I would want the 100/50% I listed.

1 Like

Using a fast brew I can technically just hold the button down and run and plant to my heart’s content. It still takes a while though. I get 10ss from my kindling farm and I want to say it takes me 4 hour to harvest it all and replant… I’ll test it out tonight.

1 Like

Yeah, I used to plant and harvest. Did it every day for 3 months. And then said ■■■■ it.

Now I just plant for looks. In previous builds, I’ve plotted several plots around my build just to fill with fields of earthyams. It’s the closest I can get to fields of wheat. And with small streams running through, not for growth, but for looks.

1 Like

I agree with you on the prestige plants. I’d be fine with them giving less prestige if they didn’t wither. Just wish they were easier to get.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone👌

@cagian that is a perfect idea about the berries not needing to be replanted (and realistic)

I plan to use my glide track to help with the planting and harvesting, it won’t be the fastest method but will take away the effort it requires. afk-able(?) farming is the idea

1 Like

I was actually thinking about making a glide-track-peat-farm for that very reason :joy:

1 Like

Niiice I had one of those when they introduced spark in the item form. Made me 1 million coins before they patched the spark price :joy:

1 Like

Haven’t made a farm yet and feels like I need help with making it every time I plan to make one

A gleam? What do you mean