Why I’m leaving boundless (DK)

I totally understood the whole issue and I think a good number of people did also. Glad he edited the post to be more clear.

In a game that is struggling to keep players, working with a player that has been so impactful and continues to be so only benefits the game.

4 Likes

My griping still stands; I knew what the expansion area was, there was a big floating island with waterfalls in it too. I don’t come here to replicate the sterile conditions of an office, I come here becuse people make things for each other here, invent things together, it’s the sort of stuff most people my age get too freaking uptight over their lawns to remember how to enjoy anymore.

The communication thing is not small; when I was learning rigging for suspension that was hammered into us over and over because big talents have mde stupid mistakes andn injured people and the differnce between getting through it and things blowing up and getting brittle all came down to open and honest communication.

Seriously, psionic brain amobeas for that griefer, but I guess I was a little late getting to the frostbite part wrt the game. It just felt absurdly mortal and arbitrary, and I’d rather have the glow back.

2 Likes

You’re a poet, Solgato :hugs:

I finally thought of a silly analogy so I’m just gonna leave it here before I head home and hop in game for the night:

You buy a stolen Ferrari for $500 off a guy who doesn’t tell you it’s stolen, and it hasn’t yet been reported, but you’re aware that it should cost like 300x that price. You almost never drive it, just keep it tucked away in a little garage. Not because you’re trying to hide it, that’s just where you want to keep it. After a year, some vandal comes along and smashes the windows of your garage. You call the police, they find the car, which appears to be deliberately hidden because it was stolen. They don’t arrest you. They simply tow the car away on the state’s time and dime, and even have the decency to give you your $500 back. No harm, no foul, it’s forgotten a week later. Start saving up for a new one.

3 Likes

so you have no win with it right?

I’m language impaired but I do like to dream of being a poet you sweet talker you. Muah! :smiley:

Oh & whoever smashed my windows doesn’t know I could run circles around riot cops once upon a time. Flaming bags of dog poop will menace their path forever.

2 Likes

That is a bummer, you are a real trooper in the game, a great person. The devs could have taken a poll, asking the community if the plots bothered anyone! I hope the do mall stays standing it is and always will be my favorite! So sorry to see you go.

2 Likes

What if other players that have plots could plot it in so you could still keep? We could help you bro

2 Likes

We could have done that if it hadn’t already been deleted

1 Like

The community could still help you expand the way you wanted, so that the hours wouldn’t all be on your hands. I could plot 7000 plots

2 Likes

I’m Strategic not ruthless I will benefit from you if I can but for the most part without hurting you

1 Like

Since I can’t swear please add then yourself every few words. This game is getting to be a joke. These simple words “ hey Dk please fix your beacon compactness on tana or they will be removed”. Those simple words would of taken a lot less time then actually removing beacons. I don’t care if DK should of or could of also, for what DK has done for this game and community he deserved at least that degree of respect.

We can’t get a simple response on an update but there’s time to do this, something that absolutely did not hurt a single player. There is some cheating being done that is far more detrimental to the game and is completely utterly ignored in this game.

@DKPuncherello you were my first friend on boundless and all the ties I have to the community are because of you. No matter what’s said here you deserved more respect than was given to you. You are a legend, an icon ans it absolutely pains me to see you go.

It’s gonna be hard to have any faith in this game soon.

10 Likes

A better analogy would a man manages a community center in a neighborhood and every loves it. The man decides to add an expansion to the community center. He is told he will need permits to create the expansion after he has already started. He is continuously warned about the permits being needed and then someone comes in and bulldozes the expansion down after a year of work.

The man while in the wrong for not attaining the permits in the given amount of time had his heart in the right place and the neighborhood is up in arms as all they wanted was a larger/better community center. The man tries to contact someone to explain the situation …but is only ignored … when all the man wanted was to be heard and responded to.

You can’t fault the dev for tearing it down, you can’t fault the community for supporting DK, but you can fault the dev for not talking to someone who actually cares about the community that supports the game that pays the dev.,

4 Likes

You couldn’t create these beacons in the current system. They’ve existed since before the code was released.

Besides this being one of the biggest/longest release cycles yet, It would have been hard for any player who was here to miss.

These expansion areas were specifically under discussion by January, 2020:

“It’s possible not to know” is one thing but also, not the case here. Most of us moved into voluntary compliance but also if not there have been warning on login and I believe it also raises some warning icons on the beacons list.

2 Likes

With what DK did there was no in game warning about his beacons.
Why this happened is he was using multiple beacons to circumvent the compactness rules there in not getting warned in game

maybe perhaps a message from the devs would have ben nice BUT NOT NECESSARY.

DK knew about the compactness and what was said would happen when the update released over a year ago.
First thing many of us did was fix our beacons THAT FIRST WEEK.
I spent 2 days fixing my almost 10k plot city and farm :pouting_cat: it wasnt pleasant but it was the new rules.

5 Likes

It seems like they are trying to kick out their most active and veteran users so they can have an excuse and shut down the servers permanently.

I don’t play much at the moment because my beacons have expired (my fault for a miscalculation), but lately I see great veterans coming out. This seems like it is only going in a negative direction for the future of the game.

It seems that they are very busy removing plots than developing the new update.

Their mall was the one I used the most, it was nice to walk around and see new stores and how it was growing.

Hope you enjoy wherever you go, good luck!

2 Likes

You’re having someone else pay for your gleam club? That doesn’t seem like you’re leaving after all.

3 Likes

Not trying to point fingers or call anyone out but upon looking at previous world maps i noticed that:

considering the update / announcement for beacon reservation abuse was jan 2020 and none of the maps i found pre announcement showed DK having anything built yet… sure maybe possibly plotted but nothing there…

Im not sure if the claims of having plotted and building roads there (even 6 months prior) are %100 accurate?

The roads started showing a couple months after the announcement, so when you started to build you should of known about the new rules before starting your project but chose not to do anything about it? :man_shrugging:

First pic is jan 2020 (announcement month) :thinking:

4 Likes

Im also leaving. no updates and zero transparency. will return to build a massive city on Beckon. I’ll be writing over the summer.

3 Likes

Just so the mall doesn’t go poof since it’s on a billion beacons

4 Likes

Lol, man has been banned nearly a year now and he’s still living in all your minds rent free. :100:

2 Likes