Why I’m leaving boundless (DK)

DK Mall 2.0? @DKPuncherello

1 Like

so if I was to set up a road that is 2 plots wide and have multiple beacons along that road to maintain compactness, it would be breaking the rules?

2 Likes

Krasiny flagged my post. It was a joke lol. He is partly responsible for his spaghetti plotting and the groups that wanted him off biitula.

3 Likes

Pretty sure when you have a issue the beacon compactness will come up on the side of your screen?
Did for me the other day

2 Likes

In this, I have to wonder what happened. @james when there was an issue that was had with a beacon I had control of, you contacted me both here and in game over the issue. I was given advanced warning.
This kind of action against DK without seeming an prior notice seems a bit…heavy handed. Like the decision was rushed without thinking what the consequences would be.
As a Dev, it is your right to delete any plots or beacons you see fit. But in all honestly, not giving notice beforehand that there is an issue is rude! I seem to remember you giving me that same speech about working with people to resolve conflicts. That bit of wisdom is missing here.
Practice what you preach.

5 Likes

anybody who is looking at state of boundless right now completely objectively can see that it’s not looking good. To have even taken the slight amount of time doing this is a complete joke because it absolutely didn’t benefit anyone, in fact there was absolutely no way to do this without negative ones. You’d have to be pretty naive to think their wouldn’t be some community backlash over this. So what are you really accomplishing when you do this?

What Dk was doing was within good spirits of the game and the community. I think that should given a lot more consideration than any compactness rules.

5 Likes

I’ve only just gotten a chance to read these. I was hella indignant for you until I saw that picture of the map.
Lol, c’mon @DKPuncherello … you know better :joy:
It’s a good looking mall without all those dangly bits anyway.
If you want some help putting up some extensions that have a bit of girth to them, I’ll come help/fall and die a lot.

Edit, removed broken ass quote because I dunno how to quote an image, turns out.
Edit again, added an @ thingy because it’s fun to watch the names pop up

4 Likes

No one should be treated with privilege under any circumstances.

7 Likes

That boat sailed a long time ago.

If you don’t take care of those who take care of you then you’re most likely doomed to fail.

2 Likes

Yeah but if you only take care of those who take care of you, you end up with some kinda corrupt, nepotistic, video game hierarchy … which sounds ■■■■■■■ cool tbh, but maybe not in boundless.

7 Likes

Yeah that’ll teach em. I dont support the game someone else supports it for me!

4 Likes

:laughing:
(i’m teasing, and probably secretly only like, 12 years old)

10 Likes

These groups never existed, he made them up to play victim.

No this feels more like he is trying to let the game die a slow death and make as much as he can off us with minimal effort.

2 Likes

Dead wrong, this should he public because to take someone with the following and community impact DK and his mall has they should have discussed it with him. The fact that he didn’t means either DK missed a message which I am 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure he didn’t, I’ve known DK for a good amount of time and he doesn’t miss forum messages or in game messages.
What makes it even more important that it is public because we should know if someone who has 100s of shops in a mall the entire community uses and you decide to deplot mass amounts of it without discussion is just gross.
Makes me wonder if this will be done on our sovs too!

Point is a handful of complaints or annoying messages from the system should have not been listened to when the Mass of the community has no problem with it at all. As a game developer I find this gross.

9 Likes

If it was ALL dk’s this would be true but it was for the community and more mall space so your wrong. A community effort is not privilege!

The mall and shops are unaffected, it was about the expansion reservation.
The topic is a bit misleading.

5 Likes

No really it is not. DK got punished for providing a structure for the community to build in and then this is what he gets with NO WARNING.
Everyone us welcome to their opinions but to remove dks streets. Sure shops are there but roads missing. Good luck getting to them all.

You actually missed the point because the whole.point at the start of this was there was NO WARNING.

1 Like

That is simply not true. I’ve been shopping yesterday and the roads within the mall are fine.
I totally agree on the warning part.

1 Like

Nevermind I miss typed and I really don’t feel like getting into it.

1 Like