Why I’m leaving boundless (DK)

@Trickyy90 you owe him a new mouse … xD or when using the phone you make his glass wear off :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

This kind of thing unfortunately doesn’t happen as much anymore in today’s day and age, since anything remotely close to admitting fault or apologizing seems to be perceived as weakness now days.

3 Likes

On the other side, You do not know how many angry report they get from the neighbors living next to an rule-breaking area…

4 Likes

If I thought they read those reports ever… lol

2 Likes

It shouldn’t matter if it was for good or not I mean you want to get philosophical about what’s good or not? That is not a good measurement for who can be over the rules and who doesn’t.

As I said before NO ONE should be treated by different rules than others there shouldn’t be any exceptions to this.

7 Likes

I never said anything about exempting DK or anyone else from the rules, the rules can still apply just fine with some warning from the person who is about to make a destructive change.

4 Likes

Not get the reference, but i need a new piano…

3 Likes

I see. Then have someone follow you around and manually click DELETE BEACON with them ready to fuel it. They’ll take it over proper then. No need keep your gleam club going if you want to leave the game I guess is what I’m saying.

1 Like

The problem with this is the reservation system. If he does that, any nearby settlements would automatically reserve the plots and he wouldn’t be able to edit the roads or shops.

To my knowledge, this area has some long-standing unresolved issues going on between a few groups. Between the offending beacons being removed and what Host mentioned, I’ll assume James decided enough was enough and took action. So nobody is 100% happy with the end result, but it’s resolved & James can get back to game development.

12 Likes

I would say its more request for some level of communication.

Having had a VERY similar experience of action being taken without contact first its genuinely infuriating.

Hell, a year after being told something isn’t allowed and not a word from devs since - or about 6mths on anything I wouldn’t be actively trying to fix it, especially if I was on a break. Assuming of course I even remembered.

One message to say, 48hrs or whatever then we clear it would have prevented this entire thread. Or at least meant we could have without question supported the devs

9 Likes

This seems to legitimize the Dev’s behaviour, it would look like to them a blatant middle finger to the system…

3 Likes

Same as above…

4 Likes

See this is where everyone is still fooled by the OP. None of the mall was affected. This great institution of community that you speak of as if it’s been ripped from the game is in fact 100% in tact. What was removed was empty land the size of TWO additional malls that were claimed so that nobody else could claim the land in a future scenario where… idk, DK Mall needs 10,000 shops?

What a joke that anyone is defending this. It was nothing. Wrongfully held land. If he wants to expand he can do it one or two rows at a time like the rest of us.

9 Likes

What I call adolescent is when you stop playing the game then use what you consider a slight against you to convince all your peers that you stopped playing the game for that reason alone.

The thread is called “why I’m leaving boundless”. Maybe next time my mom puts something in my old bedroom at her house I’ll write my whole family a letter titled “Why I’m moving out of mom’s”…

6 Likes

I am just going to mention that a pillar of the community would not have been purposefully out of compliance for a year AND spent that time posting about how little they even play anymore.

It doesn’t matter how iconic the mall is or how many people use it, or how cool dude is, or what they contribute to the community- you don’t deserve special treatment. In fact, all of that goodwill, in my eyes, is instantly undone by these violations and this post. Both of which are clearly meant to inflame the very community you’re seeking affirmation of your status with.

James didn’t owe us anything.
Furthermore, James saying the compactness system isnt meant as punishment wouldn’t cover purposeful violations like this anyway. The fact that anyone believes this statement about the compactness system gives anyone at all carte blanche for any reason is astounding.

I wanted to steer clear of this. I posted that meme earlier because it says what I just typed but in cute, picture form.

But honestly, I needed to say this outloud because it appears that it may be the first time some of you have heard it.

10 Likes

Yep, the mall structure is completely intact, like you said only the row of dirt and plots where removed the was not compacted… some still remain.

I was checking things out yesterday and I took this pic :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

I don’t think I emphasized enough that this is what’s bothering me the most. DK has spent the last 6 months trying to rally people to join him in Hytale in the future. He’s literally quoted as saying he tells people not to buy Boundless because the devs don’t communicate. Now this… if I didn’t know him pretty well I’d think he’s just another Dhusk lurking around on the forum of a game he pretends to be done thinking about.

11 Likes

This thread has run it’s course. Nothing more can come from it.