Why I think private servers and rented worlds should be the next major update

So there are a lot of things i’m really stoked for privet servers and rented worlds not being at the top of my list. However there are a lot of people playing and everyone seems to want what they want now with little regard for what other people want. These once peaceful and mostly respectful forums have resorted to a sort of mob rule with sentiments like “the devs want us to be miserable” and “there probably working on another game and will soon scrap this one”.
My knee jerk reaction is unimportant and not going to help the situation in any way. I try hard in life to see things in other peoples perspective and thus have come to the conclusion that letting people play the way they want is the best option. by allowing people to rent privet servers and set everything up the way they want it i think the devs will be able work on future updates with out being covered in :poop: every time the mob is unhappy.
To many compromises have been made only to not be appreciated after the fact. I completely understand why no one wants the job of communicating with the public and also why devs sometimes make snippy statements. Its got to be frustrating dealing with people who will be happy with nothing but what they want.

so… now that my OPINIONS are out of the way.

Privet servers:
Make the world you want. Manipulate the rules as you like. offer the choice to have free materials in any color you want. basically a free build mode. live on a permanent exo world if you want.
I see no reason these worlds couldn’t even connect to each other with free portals if the worlds owner wants. A truly boundless building experience.
Not only would this make a lot of people happy but also bring in revenue. also these people would be less irritating to those of us who think your doing a great job with the constant complaining and :poop: flinging. Really folks its getting old!

Rented planets:
These planets connect to the universe and thus follow most of the rules all planets go by.
Anyone can travel to these worlds and mine or harvest as they see fit.
The owner could Set it so permission is needed before a beacon could be set up or just allow any one to plot away.
A black list may be issued to those who the planets owner feel shouldn’t be there due to bad behavior or really any other reason. They are paying for it they get to make the choice.
The one thing that would need to be in place first is a way to collect all of your stuff if you ended up on a black list or the world owner didn’t pay there rent. Maybe the moment a black list is issued everything in the beacon is put in a temporary holding zone for retrieval at a later date.

Honestly I think this one update would massively boost the people count in the game and do more for the game than the next 30 planed updates put together. It would in short bring balance to the force and cause more long term smiles.

Even though the term “i want” is one of the most destructive and irritating statements out there I want whats best for the game.
Also i cant wait to see what @the-moebius dose with his planet Aquarius.

Please discuss your thoughts and ideas below and remember even though we may not agree on everything we can all still have our cake/salad/wildstock steak and eat it to.

9 Likes

First I’ve heard that one. Always thought private or rented worlds is abit against the mmo ideals of the game. Thought it was kind of build a civilisation together rather than have whole planets potentially gated off

2 Likes

It might be called a rental planet, but it seems like it will function like a club world (what almost all other MMOs call it).

2 Likes

This will not happen, population is so small that anything that would take players from live servers would just about kill the game.

1 Like

iv heard it a few times recently on the forums. just a rumer though.

in a perfect world this would work but there are a lot of unhappy people making it hard for the devs to build a good game.

I think it would actually bring in lots more people if done with a big marketing push

4 Likes

Marketing would bring people in, however I do not think that the dev team has much budget for marketing let alone development XD

1 Like

maybe square enix could help with the bill. they have a vested interest.

1 Like

I suppose that’s a good way of thinking of it, my worry like mentioned above it would take people from the public planets and make it feel even lonely than It does

1 Like

well I’ll be there with you on the public server

You should see @the-moebius sketch on toilet paper. Pretty epic.

:grin:

2 Likes

he spent all his mony at beer fest and now can only afford to Wright on toilet paper :joy:

1 Like

They don’t even have a nice modern website, and you expect them to do the big marketing push ?
Sounds impossible man.

1 Like

I don’t know that word

1 Like

I mean I don’t expect they do marketing well. This is their weakness i think.
There are a lot of nice designer and coder in their team, none for marketing i believe.

1 Like

Paying for the chance to abuse power over another player. I just can’t wait for the drama this can cause to break apart friendships. and add extra level of drama into guilds.

Because we all know how good most of the human race is when it comes to being objective, unbiased and not letting their emotional feelings take control, ja?

2 Likes

I can agree with you there.
I remember though they stated be for the game went live that the first year was like a soft release as the game was not quite ready yet.
I have looked for this comment a lot lately but can’t seem to find it. I do remember it though.

it’s true but if someone dosnt want me around I’m usually pretty happy to leave.
it’s a big unavers and everything they have on their planet I can find elsewhere.

1 Like

The problem for the private server won’t be those drama,
Its about how they should deal with the players who got kicked from the private server.
Does it means entire character become useless ?
Because you know the private server can has different setting then normal server, like drop rate, exp ratio…etc Should they allow people who got kicked from that private server join back to normal server again ? It sounds unfair for people who stay in official server. But if they don’t allow it, it will be really risky for people to join the private server, because you will never know when the server hoster will acting crazy . It can be tomorrow, 1 month later, 1 year later. No one will know that.

1 Like

That is fine but i am an advocate for freedom of exploration, If it is going to be apart of the main universe then anyone should be allowed to view it, If someone is not allowed to do anything but walk around and look around, I see no reason why such a black list needs to be put into place. other then to satisfy sadistic needs.

1 Like