Why I went inactive in-game

But if you go higher then what i said becomes true. Tou cant have your cake and eat it too, come on now.

If there was nothing to work towards and there wasnt rare colors thengame would be totally boring imo but thats just me.

I am bowing out of the conversation at this point because everyone who claims to not like the rareity wants everyone to hear them but if you disagree and say your point of view you get attacked for feeling differently and are not heard. You cant complain without at least being willing to listen to the oposite opinion.

Everyone on both sides are bent on telling the other that they are wrong that neither wants to listen. Shame.

Interesting the circle of players I play with and talk to have exactly the opposite opinion, if I use that as the basis for my statement then I am right and you are wrong. But the truth is neither of us knows and in the end we are each entitled to our opinions. But without some form of global polling the entire players base (which is not the forum participants) , I will never just accept any individual player saying they know how the majority of players feel on a topic. I think it is merely a tool used by some players to stifle other players from stating their opinions.

And I was hopeful of the same. But the fact is that there are algorithms that determine the colors on the planets based on the tier and type. This is a fact confirmed by James. So color generation is not truly random when a new planet spawns. Tier 1 and tier 2 try to look “earthlike” according to James. And as a result if you look at the colors on the existing planets, you will see a large number of repetitions with the same colors appearing time and time again across planets. If sovereign planets are using the same algorithms (which from what I understand is true) then what we will get is a continuing repeat of the same colors with maybe an occasional new color. This is not a solution if it takes a thousand rental planets and/or 5 years. And again, why do players have to pay real money to fix a game problem? Should they charge players that really want Titans?

i agree and never asked for participation trophies.

If you are saying a higher tier planet has a higher chance of random colors then again, there are algorithms for every tier/type of planet. Each algorithm will drive colors a certain way. Some of the higher tier will only give you shades of the same color. So just selecting a higher tier planet doe not automatically mean you will get all new colors or even one new color.

And if you are getting the planet to build on anyway, why do you want to do it on a higher tier planet? Fewer players can visit if it has atmosphere protection requirements, It takes more effort to landscape and build, the mobs are a constant irritation, and the atmosphere colors skew what colors you are building with anyway.

5 Likes

As to building on higher tiers you get the higher tier planet for better color generation chances and a lower tier to build on at least that is my plan. More planets better new color chances.
I have seen the generator screen on the test side from another players test sovereign world and I am sure there is a bit more control than you realize which means you may be pleasently surprised.

We’ve tested them as well btw so we already know what that looks like. And again environment lighting changes things some of us don’t want. Among a bunch of other things that have already been said

5 Likes

Well lets see. Used the test screen to generate my creative world so I do know from personal experience how few options were on it.

So no I was not pleasently surprised, I was disappointed. However, does this mean this is the final screen that will be used? No it does not. But if they use the current algorithms that exist for the tiers types then it is the same as we get now.

2 Likes

If every color was available, then there would be 0 new content until every patch or update.

If this game could last 10 years, then weeks or months with nothing to do but gather everything that is always available, there would be no small content regularly to keep the “general community” active

Exos would be useless and might as well be removed cuz it is all available

Less to almost none would shop at people who busted their but to go gather that “semi exclusive”

And many who have spent thousands of hours gathering “limited colors” would have no reason to validate all their work

And if we choose one thing specifically for people who want black, then the next group that want a different color will complain that the first group got what they asked, for but why cant group #2

If this game is to last, we don’t need every bit of content today, we need it over years so there is always something fresh. Yes it would be nice to have sooner, but programming games takes years

We can argue about the block color availability, but this system is boundless and has been. Yall are asking for a completely different mechanic based game 2 years after release.

and @PrincessMaude
After placing the World Control they will be asked to set up the Worlds block-colours, with changes causing a re-mesh of the world to see the effect. Block colours are restricted to whatever colours are available throughout the public and private universe excluding Exoworlds. Player worlds will be given a default generated palette which may contain new colours not seen in the rest of the universe, and these new colours are also then available

The moment the planet is generated, it chooses random colors with the chance at a new color, then when you go to the planet you can choose to change all the colors, but if you got one of the new unlocked colors, it will be unlocked for everyones planet they make after that

3 Likes

No you get all the lucents and resin and petrol. So they are not useless at that point.

1 Like

Ok, so t7 exos would have lucients, so all lvl 4-6 exos would have only liquids to gather, great idea.
Im sure the crowds would flock there for 1 item

2 Likes

If by higher you mean higher tier worlds, then yes to some extent it becomes true. BUT, I would like to insist on the fact that exoworlds are supposed to be the way to get more/new colors brought into the game. And if the sovereign world generator follows the same rules as the exoworlds generator, then we will most likely end up with silk yellow/dark turquoise worlds.

@Jaidic I understand how color chosing works, thank you. I was questioning where @DragonTamer took his information in which he said that you could chose the palette range of your planet, hoping to get a quote from the thread he mentioned

1 Like

And they go for the gems due to areas being plotted on the public planets and other resources like kindling . so again hardly useless.

1 Like

Would it be a reasonable compromise to allow the community to do something to steer exo colors? That way there is still limited availability, but it’s more likely that in-demand colors would be available? That and an expansion of the painting system?

I am over exaggerating to prove a point. I agree it would be nice to have every color available, but that should have been a decision made before release.

The game is 2 years past released. That should have been changed before launch, this far into it would upset the mechanic balance people have already time sunk thousands of hours into. It would have to be a slow progress change if they were to implement over time. One update with every color for everyone would not be wise.

5 Likes

The compromise already exists. Creative worlds. What’s the objection with this option that the every colour for everyone side of the discussion has? Is it the lack of xp?

I find that phrase particularly ironic seeing as many of these same folks used their agendas to get folks removed and or banned and even game mechanics changed and they didnt have a problem seeing those folks gone.

I do enjoy (no lie) seeing the hierarchy in this game marinating in the emptiness they indeed created. Theres really no secret as to why things are the way they are now, its merely the same folks that wanted (or thought they wanted) the sandbox to themselves now have turned to cannibalizing each other.

I absolutely loved this game as released and would still be playing today if it was kept as it was. Meaning CoC was adhered and enforced equally to everyone and no one got special treatment. Unfortunately this game had/does have an unfair playing field.

The point of all games to be successful is we all live under the same rules if that is not adhered to and agendas of certain folks over rule the rule of law and fair play you get chaos . People play games to relax and compete and create. They dont play to have to kowtow to certain individuals/groups agendas and so they end up doing one of two things just going to play something else or fighting back within the rules. Once you poke the bear back though you get ostracized,demonized, flagged posts, and even banned.

So lets not blame the game itself the game itself WAS great but just like in other games I have played where Devs change their game mechanics to quell a vocal minority it always ends badly for the game as a whole. Now Im not against change per say as long as it creates content and builds on itself but if its very design is to limit others (buffers,Compactness etc…) and delay REAL content then yeah be prepared to bleed out. Was the compactness and buffers worth the delay in content? Did it help retain players? NO it did exactly the opposite. Now everyones like “I dont understand.” Well maybe some of you need to look in the mirror.

3 Likes

Creative lacks a feeling of accomplishment. The request is to have them consistently available… at a cost. If I want to build with pretty colors, I need to brave a more challenging world to harvest, and the materials cost more to gather.

If I wanted to build without the game part of the game, I’d just go use a voxel art editor.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m not going to get into the middle of this discussion and try to defend how much I disagree with color rarity and the excuses around it must stay for the economy. I’ve had a few conversations with this directly and unfortunately I don’t have a good way to explain ‘why’ it still sticks beyond the usual “some people will complain and players like it.”

Instead of trying to sway the conversation either way, I’ve decided to focus my efforts on re-balancing Goo Farming and finding a way to move it from “end game / higher level” character skills to a more middle-tier game play. I’d honestly love some input from experience Goo farmers (pm me directly) to find ways to make that part of the game a bit easier for people. I think that is likely an easier avenue at this point to get James to help assign development time to solve the larger issue. It isn’t a perfect answer but certainly more likely a solution versus trying to beat a dead horse on the larger argument.

Some of my initial ideas is adding Goo to lower tiered planets and removing the main Exo focus of delivery. This is mostly to cut down on Exo cost and the issue around higher tier Exo not working for mid-tier game players.

5 Likes

Creative is an oppritunity for everyone, and I mean alot of outside players, who do not care about or play survival games or rpgs.

It is for Artists who want to be able to only create and showcase. Not gather or earn.

Yes anyone can edit in a voxel editor, but this way it will be connected to the main universe and everyone can visit and see ideas of what is possible, or impossible

Im sure over years we will see some peoples whole creative worlds fully covered and customized, work beyond what one could accomplish in the official universe

I’m 100% for creative worlds, since there are definitely people who want them.

I’m mostly saying that there is also a separate group of people who want more colors in the main worlds and that creatives don’t solve the issue of color accessibility for those players.

6 Likes

They have been changing core mechanics all along. They have made substantial changes to plots and beacons. They added farming (which was never mentioned on the website). They have been willing make a large number of changes to core mechanics and I believe they will make more in order to improve the game. Of course that means that players will have to adapt just as they did when the other changes were made. I just think they need to do what is best for the game and not try to preserve something just because it has always been that way. Lets face it, we bought an unfinished game and things are going to change. Hopefully in ways that will attract and retain more players that the current mechanics seem to.

3 Likes

False. I hate color rarity. It shouldn’t exist.

4 Likes