Why I went inactive in-game

You took my thoughts and put them into the words I couldn’t come up with myself

1 Like

There are some glass panes that are pretty close to being see through. Dark mustards and other darker colours (depending what atmosphere you’re in) surely having your windows a shade or two off what you planned isn’t game breaking!

As for the other things you listed, you be you :slight_smile: if people don’t like it just walk away

And I don’t think we get a road map because t would probably cause more hassle than it’s worth! Expectations are all ready WAY too high in my opinion. The game we have now is excellent, everything else they add is a bonus!! Our community occasionally seems to expect/demand things when we really aren’t owed anything

2 Likes

Everybody is welcome in DKMall guild!

5 Likes

Obviously you didn’t read through the entire post… Shadow Mustard was also attempted, has the same outcome as above.

Item exclusivity is not fun, not fair to all and above all, something that is disliked.

Why does EVERYONE want to shove us over to creative when all we want are specific colors? Why be that disrespectful towards us? We don’t want everything for free, we want to grind and collect every block the same on Survival, just not the wrong colors.

9 Likes

Actually I believe it was @Leahlemoncakes that pointed out that black gleam wouldn’t be possible on sovereign worlds.

1 Like

'Nuff Said. The problem is the stupid RNG-based “Lets make all worlds PRETTY” algorithm.

4 Likes

Actually it has nothing to do with being worth your salt. It is how all development goes nothing can ever be everything to everyone as I stated. Thats why there are so many games. Even still whatever gets addeded in has to fit the ecosystem and look of the game and not break the game at all whether that be making it to easy or exploitable.

With almost 20 years of development experience I can tell you your not necessarily wrong but at the same time you are.

When adding even one thing into a game of this magnitude takes careful consideration from how does it fit into the current landscape of the game, how it affects over all game play and whether it makes the mechanics too easy or not. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

Exclusivity is fun and equally fair. It makes it so players work hard for those items. It is not like you have to spend money to get it, if we had to spend money to get it then I would see the exclusivity as a problem. But since we don’t have to pay cash rather just be patient and wait for the color to come up on an exo or wait for gleambo for black.

It is not that they are pushing you to creative, however they are giving an extra option for those who don’t want to be hindered by all the collecting and crafting and waiting for exclusive colors. If they gave us all the colors it would take away from the fun of not knowing what exo will have next. I for one see RARITY as a good thing it makes many want to play the game more.

Boundless is work, time and ■■■■ tons of effort. I like many others see the rarity as game positive in Boundless because it doesn’t cost money to get the rare stuff just patience.

3 Likes

I have to disagree, I have seen it stated that black will remain exclusive. If I am wrong then one of the devs can correct me, but I am 95% sure this is the case unless you are in creative mode.

I’m sorry you feel that way, but tbh I have no such intentions.
I myself still not 100% sure I will get a creative

1 Like

I’m really excited to see creative.

Personally I’m against color exclusivity but that’s just me. I think there should be a machine where you can put in stacks of blocks and get them color changed for free, just costing time.

5 Likes

I’d like to see this post as I’ve never seen anything like this mentioned.

2 Likes

In any conversation I had with James, he has stated that any color gleam is possible. So I will choose to stick to what I have been told until a developer says otherwise.

3 Likes

As far as exclusivity being fun. Maybe for you but I can state for sure I find it frustrating not fun. And quite frankly, I cannot think of any good reason for it to exist in this game. If building was not a key part of this game then maybe I could agree, but as it is, then I will never agree that color exclusivity is “fun” or necessary.

7 Likes

To me, item exclusivity makes sense. Make some fancy thrones and chests that are valuable - maybe rare hunt drops as ingredients.

Color exclusivity doesn’t make sense to me in a building game. But others feel differently.

Edit: if there were 65535 colors, I’d say exclusivity would be ok - since you’d be able to get basically the color you want. With only 255 colors, if you don’t get the color you want, there’s generally no substitute possible.

2 Likes

I have heard people who have said they’d quit if they got rid of color rarity. I’d be close to that myself. Color rarity IS wanted by people in this game. And it’s, again, been confirmed by devs that color rarity is what they intend for the game. Building is a large portion of this game but it’s NOT the only thing. And getting rid of color rarity gets rid of so much of the excitement of new colors popping up on exos.

3 Likes

Is wanted by SOME people in the game. Lets be specific. . since a number of players have stated in this very thread that they do not want it it is not everyone nor can you or I make a case that a majority want it any more than I can say a majority does not want it. All the time players seem to want to speak for everyone in order to intimidate or shutdown opposing views and maybe they should just stick to expressing their own opinion and not speak for others.

No its not, but if it is not that important then why is it that most of the items in game are used to either make or are in fact building items? Why is it that most of the time in the developer videos that promote the game are they showcasing builds? Color rarity is not necessary for economy to function. There are plenty of items that can be crafted and even if every color existed, there are players that world buy versus getting the item themselves. There are plenty of ways to provide rare resources like the lucents that only appear on exos without also limiting colors.

I will agree that they have said this. Does not mean I cannot disagree with this. It will be interesting as colors appear in the universe due to the rental planets, what will actually happen over time. If enough colors appear, then I guess the games economy and the players will just have to adapt.

1 Like

Sometimes people just need to say their piece and want to be heard.

1. A lot of us are waiting for black gleam so we can make black glass/panes. The day we get black gleam will go down in Boundless history :sweat_smile: . I made some night green glass/signs/panes & it looks ok on my planet.

2. Many players have an issue with the time it takes to craft items. I have games where it takes days to create items, so it doesn’t bother me as much as it does others, but I do understand. It would be nice if there was a method available to speed up the crafting process. Something to mitigate the grind a bit for players that don’t like it or don’t have time to play as much as others… like a Super-Epic Crafting Skill with -50% crafting times or Super-Duper Machine Spark with +75% speed.

3. Yup, lol

4. Different games scratch different itches, for sure. I play a lot of other games :+1: too - it just depends on what I feel like doing at the time. It’s good to have other games/hobbies/etc for when you start getting burnt out on your favorites.

5. I hear you. I hope your circumstances improve so that you can receive the therapy that you want/need. There are a lot of groups, in most areas that provide low or no cost services - perhaps they would be able to help you? Insurance & medical costs are just plain stupid right now. I know a lot of people that avoid the care they need, due to the exorbitant costs. As a last resort, perhaps there is an online support community that could help you a little… like a FB group, reddit, etc where a lot of the members share advice, can relate to each other, etc?

6. People will be people lol. Some people will relate, some will agree, some will disagree, some will disagree but understand, some will be dismissive…when you post on a public forum, you get all kinds of responses.

7. Maybe they will provide a new roadmap soon or, perhaps they’ve decided roadmaps aren’t their thing? I dunno.

8. There are several players that don’t participate in the economy. I think that’s up to each player to decide. You can def play the game without it, if you so desire.

9. Are your cores getting hot? Do you have an intergrated GPU or a card? Is it getting hot? Do you have virus protection running? Automatic updates? Small/old PSU? Have you cleaned the dust out recently?

10. For sure, some people like these and some don’t.

Feedback is feedback. People will read/listen, especially when posters don’t go all caps/cursing/etc :+1:

Maybe check back after the next update or two. There may be something that inspires you & your roommate to build & have fun. :wink: :blush:

Life is short. You do you.

7 Likes

If this is the case I stand corrected. But I am pretty sure black being available would undermine the whole gleambo event. Even if it will be available in the sovereign wotlds I would be surprised if it showed up at all anytime soon.

Like I said if I am wrong then I will stand corrected. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

I always love your responses!

2 Likes