Why I went inactive in-game

I do appreciate you trying checking for me. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s a sustainable solution for me to hinge attempting a mega-build on - I’d also be gutted if I got part way through the build and there was no longer any availability of the colours I need.

6 Likes

Yeah if we need 20,000 blocks in one color and maybe 100,000 in another, spending 1.3 million and 6.5 million on sprays is not practical by any means.

4 Likes

It’s not even a matter of practicality in cost

That many sprays in ANY color don’t exist. Also,
100,000 isn’t even that much.

I’m not usually a mega builder (my mall is just roads mostly) but I am slowly/occasionally working on a mega build. I’ve used a million blocks in some colors by now. If 100k doesn’t exist, a million definitely doesn’t exist.

Your suggestion isn’t bad @Bethlehem but the game as it stands doesn’t have a solution.

I like @ovis’ block mixing idea. It could be called a fusion machine or something like that. It wouldn’t fix all problems, but it would create a whole new economy and make more blocks available, at least.

4 Likes

Personally, I would make the following changes

1 - Make goo a sustainable crop
2 - Make goo pigment able to dye any color. So every goo pigment can (using the machine) paint a block any color selected using the machine.
3 - Make goo pigment dye at least 100 blocks each
4 - Make the current spraying machine able to hold a SS of goo and multiple SS of the material to be painted.

7 Likes

I think they are still going to try to keep Goo as a higher-skilled player activity so I’d doubt we will get the sustainable solution we see with other crops. I do think we can push a balance change if we get enough people to provide the data to show what is needed. I’d also doubt a major coloring of many blocks for small amounts of Goo, but maybe that can happen if rarity isn’t changed.

I still believe Goo needs a revamp for sure and most importantly an easing on the ability to gather it. There are very few locations (non-Exo) in acquiring it. We need it like on T4 and higher I believe to ease access and grow the use of it. I’m just not sure how to change the mindset about how much joy color availability will bring to the game over the rarity system we have now. I think it will adjust much of the player perception but the “rarity of gleam/colors” is very ingrained into the game from EA and the Vulpto “red nature gleam controversy” I feel. I just haven’t had enough chats on this topic to really understand the head winds that are blocking the changes (beyond obvious time and will it really grow the player base) to be able to influence a change in the design.

I do have a shop where I sell all 255 colors of pigments that I’ve created from my goo farm. I don’t have any motivation to re-stock it right now bc I’m waiting on Sovereign planets (I never care for Creative mode in any game).

I’ve stated my thoughts on the color RNG previously - went back and added sarcasm to my posts because the discussion always seems to go sideways.

Edit to add: if you rent a planet & don’t get the colors you want, you’re either stuck with it or stop paying for it. When you re-do the color palette, it doesn’t include the new colors added since you rented your planet. You simply reset your original rental colors. Wrong. James said:
colors

1 Like

This makes me laugh and cry at the same time :joy: :sob:

I agree. I think everything I want to say been said.

2 Likes

Not a problem. The developers need to do what they think is best and we can just sit out the game until the colors actually spawn. And if they don’t then the builds never happen and the planets never get rented.

6 Likes

If you can confirm that the monthly color reset would not include new colors released since the last time you set your palette, that would be a HUGE deal.

Locking a planet into the colors available at the original time of purchase would seem to negate the primary reason for allowing the change?

1 Like

I forgot that I asked James to clarify that…just double-checked and it will include any new colors. He said:

colors

4 Likes

So I rent a planet and it spawns black gleam.

After a happy dance I decide I do not want black gleam and change it to another allowed color

Can other players still pick black gleam or since I removed it, does it not appear as an option for other players with rented planets? You may or may not know this, but thought I would ask.

Since the system does allow you to reset to the original colors, I am hoping new colors are recorded and added to the possible options even if the player does a color change.

Correct, I don’t know for certain.

I believe once a color has been introduced into the survival Universe (regardless of whether or not a player deletes their planet or doesn’t allow public access), it will be added to the color palette for others to select.

2 Likes

From the way I understand it. The listing of colors in the Sovereign worlds is based on the Universe color list that sits in the database server. Users can select those many time they want whether creating a world or doing a color change on that private world. Once a new public planet spawns a new color it will be updated in the DB and then accessible via private planets. I’d assume that the private planets are not the ones defining colors so if a player removes it from their private it would not in anyway affect things in the public universe or allow others from using it.

What I am not sure of is if they listed the colors by “all resources” or if they do individual color listings for each resource type. Meaning because we have had black stone before we can select black stone but not select black gleam until black gleam is available. I don’t remember from the test worlds any longer was it looked like…

Yeah, sure. Let’s require people to THROW IRL $$$$$ at a core game problem instead of urging the devs to fix the problem. That’s a perfect fix. (NOT!)

From what I remember, the color selection was by specific resource. But we would need a test survival planet to confirm.

1 Like

I am not 100% certain either, but I do believe it goes by resource.

ie: if we get a planet with black gleam, it doesn’t open that color up for sand, grass, etc.

Screenshots from the test server palettes:

2 Likes

Sovereign worlds have a chance to release new colors in the RNG at world creation.

This is before the palette is manually set and I’m pretty sure it was stated that even if that player didn’t use the color in the final palette it would still become allowed for use on other players’ worlds.

This here. Appreciate what’s here and have fun. You’re another like @majorvex that seems to have the level heads that appreciate the experience.

1 Like

not everyone sees it as a problem…creative solves the issue. Allowing sovereign to have all would enhance it.

Giving everything to everyone would solve a portion of the player bases issue, but create the opposite issue of no rarity for an equivalent size portion of the players. Makes this a no win situation, so it isnt worth implementing a change

Yeah I think that is right, as I think you can reset back to the original palette as well so it’s definitely stored somewhere.

Not to seem rude here, as it’s certainly not my intent, but you will likely find that the players (myself included) that are asking for more colour availability are in fact level headed - they have just been here much, much longer and have been waiting mostly patiently for colour availability to be able to build their dream builds with. We do enjoy the experience very much, just certain aspects of it don’t deliver to our expectations and requirements.

No - it plainly and simply does not. It’s a different gaming experience altogether.

It does not solve the issue in the slightest … at the moment all it seems to do is serve as an excuse for players that like rarity in colours to push those away that do not.

I agree, they need more rarity and collectables in the game, just not with building block colours.

Edit: I are bad at grammar sometimes

13 Likes