Why I went inactive in-game

If this is the case I stand corrected. But I am pretty sure black being available would undermine the whole gleambo event. Even if it will be available in the sovereign wotlds I would be surprised if it showed up at all anytime soon.

Like I said if I am wrong then I will stand corrected. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

I always love your responses!

2 Likes

I actually do not understand why black appearing would undermine the entire event. There are 255 colors of gleam. How would black being added to the only 30 out of 255 possible gleam colors in the public non-exo universe destroy the event? Even if another 50 gleam colors appeared on rental planets. There would still be more than 50% of the colors that would only be available on an exo or through gleambow.

2 Likes

Black being more prevalent in gleambow was a bug that was patched in gleambow 3.

1 Like

Me saying color rarity is wanted by people in this game was not meant as a generalization for everyone. Just saying that I personally have talked to some who would literally quit the game without it. I understand that’s anecdotal evidence and I understand there’s some who are vocal about wanting all colors available. We don’t know which is the majority. All I’m saying is there are plenty of people on both sides.

Maybe the pro color rarity people are in fact a minority. I don’t know. Maybe you guys fighting to get your black gleam are the minority. I don’t know. But regardless there are opposite opinions. The difference is one set of opinions is confirmed as the way the devs want the game to be. So why go through the work of changing it to appease the other side? It’ll just send OTHER people away from the game. There no pleasing everyone in this situation and if you don’t like color rarity then I don’t know what to tell you. Because I don’t see it leaving anytime soon and that makes some of us very happy people.

All of what I’m saying is anecdotal and just saying my piece again because, anytime this comes up I need to make sure the devs know there’s a vocal crowd FOR color rarity despite people like you who seem to hate it.

2 Likes

I think it’s gonna be neck and neck

I love that people always bring up the people who “will quit” if color rarity is no longer a thing. But they never seem to think about how many people already have quit because of it.

8 Likes

I like the idea of making it a poll and hope everyone using the forums would answer. The only issue is with over 3000 MAU in this game it’s hard to gauge what people actually want since there’s a lot of people playing the game who don’t participate in the forums. You could have 30 people vote for keeping color rarity, and find out that in game there’s another 2970 people who think color rarity is bad. Or vice versa. It’s a small subset of the players in the game so it’s not a representative statistic for the whole population.

Not saying you shouldnt have made a poll. Just saying why the results should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Maybe the devs could have a pop-up poll in game. Literally explain color rarity. How it currently works. What they’ve intended. And have an option to choose if the player likes color rarity as presented or if they think it should change.

Not sure if people are against popup survey’s in game but that would be interesting if they did that to get a more representative opinion of all players in game

4 Likes

Honestly I think the main reason people want black gleam is to make clear glass.

Maybe the devs could make white glass much more transparent if nothing else.

5 Likes

Fair enough and I know of players that are not playing or renting a planet until more colors show, so there are obviously players that feel strongly on both sides of the discussion.

The problem with this argument is the developer statements on creative planets being separate and now they are going to be part of the public universe. So they can change their mind. If they have a good enough reason to do it then they can change how something is implemented or how a mechanic is working in game. If the game had more players and more planets (hopefully this will happen), then it is very possible a lot of the rare colors would already exist. Is the color rarity really part of the design or is it more a result of what has happened with player count not growing as fast as had been hoped? That might be an interesting question to get a clear answer on.

If they already quit because of it then this game wasn’t for them. Sorry but if you don’t like the game mechanics as is, a game mechanic that’s been there from the beginning and a game mechanic that the devs confirmed as their direction for the game, then the game simply wasn’t for them.

This game already gives WAY more color options than a typical creative game. We could go back to Minecraft where there’s one color for each block.

It sucks that it drew people away from the game but that’s the way this game is and confirmed to be. It’s not for everyone.

Just like I’m sure taking away color rarity, but then adding rare hunt drops would also make people mad while making others happy. There’s ALWAYS gonna be people against exclusive items. But unfortunately this IS IN FACT an MMO and exclusivity is important to an MMO in my opinion and many other people. Some people don’t like exclusive items and will always complain that they can’t have something that other people can. And it’s frustrating because exclusive items are a cornerstone of an MMO in my opinion. Without exclusivity an MMO is just boring. We want things to set us apart from others. Give us exclusive hunt drops and trophies! I’d be all for that. But then there’s gonna be 10 more people saying “well I don’t like hunting, why shouldn’t I be able to get this special item???” People just want access to everything and that’s not how MMOs work.

2 Likes

Now this is something I could get behind. White glass is not transparent enough at all.

2 Likes

Even if there were no rarity, I think current exo shops could switch over to carrying all 255 colors of various items. If anything it’d be good for the economy. And you’d still have to plan ahead to get your colors and work with other people

This too. I know this is the case. If the population of this game grew as expected the algorithm would have spit out a lot of the “rare” colors by now. And hopefully sovereign world’s will fix that and help to appease the people against color rarity by giving us more of the colors people want.

We as in the community shouldn’t have to PAY subscription fees to fix something as terrible as color rarity as it exists currently.

6 Likes

I absolutely hate the color rarity. Tho I also absolutely hate the lighting changes that happened with the farming update. I haven’t quit but i definitely dont play like i used to. Went from 8hrs a day to about 8 hrs a week. If that a lot of times.

Also as for exclusivity being a cornerstone of mmos i won’t agree with you there. But that’s probably because i dont play a lot of mmos were their “exclusivity” item is that big of a deal.

2 Likes

Tell that to Google. This game is the very definition of MMO, can be played by a large amount of people simultaneously. MMO does NOT have and never did have “Item exclusivity” as part of its definition.

8 Likes

Sure If you look up the definition of an MMO it’s not gonna say “a multiplayer game with exclusive items” but any MMO without exclusivity is ■■■■ quite frankly. There’s no individuality. Nothing to work towards. People crave to stand out and if everyone just has access to everything then what’s the point? Personally I think arguing against exclusivity in an MMO is crazy. Like let’s just go play WoW and give the coolest mounts and armor to every new player. Doesn’t work. People play MMOs to have fun and work for things. Is it in the definition of an MMO? No of course not. But everyone knows MMOs almost always have exclusive items so expecting anything different in boundless is ridiculous.

3 Likes

If we are playing the I want game, I want the forums to be nice to the devs.

Great job Wonderstruck, love the game and everything you do. Keep up the great work, can’t wait to see what boundless becomes over the next decade. :blue_heart:

Take mah Moneys

4 Likes

@catfud is he talkin bout u?

Obviously he didn’t mean the literal definition guys. He meant “an important part of”

1 Like