Why I went inactive in-game

We as in the community shouldn’t have to PAY subscription fees to fix something as terrible as color rarity as it exists currently.

6 Likes

I absolutely hate the color rarity. Tho I also absolutely hate the lighting changes that happened with the farming update. I haven’t quit but i definitely dont play like i used to. Went from 8hrs a day to about 8 hrs a week. If that a lot of times.

Also as for exclusivity being a cornerstone of mmos i won’t agree with you there. But that’s probably because i dont play a lot of mmos were their “exclusivity” item is that big of a deal.

2 Likes

Tell that to Google. This game is the very definition of MMO, can be played by a large amount of people simultaneously. MMO does NOT have and never did have “Item exclusivity” as part of its definition.

8 Likes

Sure If you look up the definition of an MMO it’s not gonna say “a multiplayer game with exclusive items” but any MMO without exclusivity is ■■■■ quite frankly. There’s no individuality. Nothing to work towards. People crave to stand out and if everyone just has access to everything then what’s the point? Personally I think arguing against exclusivity in an MMO is crazy. Like let’s just go play WoW and give the coolest mounts and armor to every new player. Doesn’t work. People play MMOs to have fun and work for things. Is it in the definition of an MMO? No of course not. But everyone knows MMOs almost always have exclusive items so expecting anything different in boundless is ridiculous.

3 Likes

If we are playing the I want game, I want the forums to be nice to the devs.

Great job Wonderstruck, love the game and everything you do. Keep up the great work, can’t wait to see what boundless becomes over the next decade. :blue_heart:

Take mah Moneys

4 Likes

@catfud is he talkin bout u?

Obviously he didn’t mean the literal definition guys. He meant “an important part of”

1 Like

Idk. Maybe I’m crazy. Maybe I’m a nut job. Maybe I’m part of the minority here. But I think exclusivity is very important to an MMO and if this game had 0 exclusive items I’d certainly quit. I don’t even CARE about color rarity as much as I care about just having something exclusive. If they got rid of color rarity in exchange for anything else exclusive? I’d take it. I just personally need the exclusive items in games to make it fun and give me things to work towards. I play this game as an MMO and for the economy. NOT to build the craziest coolest things. But like I said even if you took color rarity away in exchange for rare armor or hunt drops, people would be mad about that too. There’s just no pleasing everyone. So the devs just have to go with their gut really and hope they make the choices that please the right demographic of players

1 Like

I think item rarity would be an improvement over color rarity.

2 Likes

Game don’t anything rare, everything is just tied with time.

2 Likes

I dunno i have exclusive paint, masks, etc. You know things that normally fall in an exclusive category. Sure anyone can get them when the events come about. But not everyone does or has been here for them. Also my gold fist is exclusive too.

Oh and iirc there’s a mask that’s only available on ps4 and i think pc has its own too

@almund said it right. Nothing in this game is rare, it all just requires time. There are just a lot of people who believe being able to log on a lot during a 5 day time frame should mean they are special until the next 5 day time frame whatever it is spawns. In reality it just means that everyone else gets to either farm beans for them or go play another game and keep an eye on the forums. I haven’t logged in for more than half an hour or so in quite a bit. I wonder how long that will go on? Or more importantly, how many do the same thing?

TL:DR: Boundless = Time + Knowledge.

5 Likes

None of that “feels” exclusive. It can be all bought with real money. P2W ain’t it chief. Give me a hunt drop that you can only get from new T8 exos world’s. Those who don’t go to high tier world’s can’t get it. Those who do have to hunt some super hard creature to get it. That’s an exclusive item. Something in the cash shop? Nah that isn’t exclusive lol

If that’s what they’ve been doing from the start, this only goes to prove that the Dev’s gut isn’t always right. If it was, they’d never have marketed it as a voxel sandbox MMO. Look at how many arguments it causes about what the game should and shouldn’t be based on just one of those words.

Let me give you a taste of the medicine most people get here from you when you told everyone to go to creative mode. You want something that will show others you put effort into it?

“Go build something good.”

If not then “Maybe this isn’t the game for you.”

7 Likes

I never told people to go to creative mode.

1 Like

Fist isn’t cash shop. And remember you don’t have to pay money for them either. Just gotta give up plots(cause what else you gunna use your level up cubits for am i right)

Mmo is last :sweat_smile: so it should have the least priority :joy: otherwise it would be an mmo voxel sandbox right

Fist is received with the deluxe edition of the game? That’s basically cash shop. Pay money get to make the fists?

Depends if it’s been fixed or not. One of the fists was supposed to be for pre order people only. Kinda like the wayfarer totem only being certain backer tiers.

But the money thing doesn’t really hold up anyway. There’s a lot of mmos with stuff behind their cash shop. Or even exclusive items/cosmetics that are behind a 72hr quest grind with the option of buying it instead of doing that tedious :poop:

That’s the explorers fist. The iron one. Which I can make. Doesn’t feel exclusive still because it’s basically useless compared to gold fist… the gold fist is the deluxe item. The iron one is the early backer item