Why I went inactive in-game

lol, it’s both P2W and exclusive. The entire backer tier ‘earlier access’ thing is pay to win. Time is money in this game. I can’t make an iron fist and that is the textbook definition of exclusive.

1 Like

I definitely won’t argue that they are exclusive items. The difference is that they don’t FEEL exclusive. They feel like cheap early backer items. When I want something “exclusive” I want it to be accessible. A hunt drop that you can only get from a T8 boss or from doing a Titan whenever that all gets released? That’s an exclusive item worth something. Something that you CAN get in the game but you have to work hard for it and do something challenging to get it. That’s an “exclusive” item to me. Something you can get, but it won’t be easy to get. An iron fist that I paid for back in 2014 that nobody has access to? Yea that ain’t doin it for me. I want something worthwhile that’s challenging to get. Not something that I paid money for one day that nobody besides me and anyone else who early backed has access to. That’s lame. Give me a challenge to get a rare item. That’s what I want.

When I want to build something, I want the materials to be accessible. That’s what I want.

5 Likes

I mean it’s a good point but the burn is too hot

The materials are accessible. Rare? Yes. But accessible. You can get gleam from exos. You can get gleam from gleambow. You can buy gleambow Augments and spawn your own to get more of it. And whatever else you can’t farm you can buy. Can you have 200k black gleam for your mega build? Probably not. But that’s why it’s a rare item. It’s accessible though and something you CAN get through various channels. It’s not an early backer perk that you had to pay for in the past or your screwed out if it.

So its not accessible? We haven’t had all that many colors of anything show up so far compared the 255 available. A lot of which cannot even be sprayed. Have I had at least one of every color of all the base blocks? Probably. Does it do anything other than take up space? Not really. Gleambow is a gimmick, and exos are a great stopgap measure.

3 Likes

I agree with 100% of this reply. :grin:

1 Like

Can I go out and get 20 million white rock, or 3k black gleam right now? Simple answer. No, I cannot. So I am sorry, that is not accessible.

I do agree with you however, move rarity to items, not colours. They could easily just create rarity with trophies, cosmetic skins for items etc. Something that is accessible, at any time, for people to go out and complete a challenge to get. They could even make these things profession related - maybe even a next level feat that awards cosmetic skins for items.

Currently the rarity of colours is just Time, RNG and, with the advent of rental worlds, Cash gated. That is not the meaning of accessibility by any shake of the stick.

6 Likes

Maybe we have a different definition of accessible. You CAN get the gleam you want. So it’s accessible. Is it in the amounts you want? Probably not but in my definition of accessible, being able to access it is key. You CAN access black gleam through various channels. Therefore it’s accessible. Even if not EASILY accessible. I guess it’s just a difference of opinions and definitions there.

This is SERIOUSLY all I want and if we had stuff like this I wouldn’t have an issue with colors being available

1 Like

Its not a difference of opinions, its just you brushing off anything that doesn’t really hurt your gameplay. Its fine though, its a common thing here.

4 Likes

I’m not brushing anything off? I want black gleam. I did the gleambow platform last week and that was my first time ever doing anything gleambow related. I got a total of 4 pieces of black gleam and 162 black glass blocks. Now I want all the black glass. I won’t complain about it though. I’ll wait and collect more through gleambow. Or collect it when it comes to a sovereign world. Or wait for the devs to release a black exo. I’m gonna patiently wait because I LIKE getting excited about finding those colors I want… I’m VERY anxiously waiting azure gleam. Azure is my favorite. My current build was going to be all azure. But I realized there’s just not enough azure options available to me. So I settles for all the cerulean colors instead. And in the meantime I’m saving anything azure I come across so I can build up my supply of it. And one day I’ll be able to build something great out of azure blocks. But I will not complain that I don’t have access to it because part of the excitement of this game is waiting for that color I want to show up.

It’s NOT me brushing things off that don’t effect my gameplay. It IS a difference of opinions. Just because you feel entitled to get every single color in the game doesn’t mean everyone is. I WANT colors I can’t have yet. But I will not complain about not having access to them because that’s how this game works and that’s how I like it. :man_shrugging:

And I don’t wanna sound obtuse here. I know the way I like it isn’t the way everyone does. I’m trying to keep it civil and don’t wanna argue with people. All of what I’m saying is my own personal opinions and I know everyone thinks different about this subject. I say what I say so the devs have multiple viewpoints to look at from many different players. Not here to offend people or make people mad. I’m here just giving my piece on the topic because it’s a topic we ALL feel passionately about.

1 Like

The unfortunate outcome of that is though, until certain colours become available, myself and most of my guild (possibly others, who knows :man_shrugging: ) likely won’t login to play, let alone build anything.

Honestly, for me personally, as much as I want to get started on my Sovereign build, I won’t be renting a world unless I have full accessibility of the colours I need for it as there would be no point paying a monthly fee and not being able to build the thing I want to build (and creative is not a solution here either before anyone else pipes in with that suggestion :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

Again, for me personally, I see colour rarity as hurting the game more than it helps it. I can’t imagine players wanting to wait for X days, weeks, months… years… never(?!) for a specific colour to be able to build with - that’s the trouble with an RNG based system - there’s no certainty it will ever become available.

I’d also much rather see images of magnificent builds on these forums, than images of a few players with a single block of every colour in a display cabinet. That doesn’t help promote the game in my opinion. “Come play Boundless… and in time, you too can build your own display cabinet!” :joy:

Just as an aside…
I personally don’t care about Black Gleam as I’m not a fan of building with glass. I just want people to be able to have access to gather the colour of blocks they want to build with when they want to build … not in 3 months time… possibly.

9 Likes

Black gleam is accessible? Where?

1 Like

Via the gleambow event, gleambow Augments or paying coin for it. Again. Easily accessible in the amounts you may want? Maybe not. But still accessible via gleambow or coin

2 Likes

When Gleambow gets fixed and isn’t a ton of competitive :poop: , sure. I can get maybe one or two pieces every dozen augments.

Got the trillions of coin I’ll need at the current market rates? And even then, is the amount I need even available on the market?

3 Likes

Keep it civil please.

Also… “Accessible” meaning

By this definition - some block colours are not accessible.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d use the word entitled to explain another person’s annoyance of not being able to use colors in their builds that haven’t been available in the three years he has been playing, too. Because its a great way to earn friends right?

The only reason we don’t have colors is because there aren’t enough players. If we had thousands of worlds and 10s of thousands of players we wouldn’t even be debating this ■■■■. Instead, we have people on here who forget that the rarity you have is based on the games inability to hold onto players. But what do I know? I’ve only watched hundreds, maybe thousands of people I met in game quit one after another for three damn years. Hopefully your experience will be different.

10 Likes

I’m gonna Definitely stop responding to this thread before it gets out of hand. Clearly no opinions will be changed and no matter how many times I say these are my opinions people will get offended by what I say. Im trying to hold a civil conversation but clearly we all just disagree here. I’ve said anything substantial that I felt needed to be said on the topic and don’t want to create tensions between myself and others (as that’s not my intention and anyone that’s met me in game knows I’m generous and friendly and welcoming in every way) so if me calling people entitled for wanting everything accessible is gonna cause tensions then maybe it’s best I leave from the thread now since clearly nobody can actually keep a civil conversation around here. I hope you get the colors you want and have a nice day :v:

1 Like