Why I went inactive in-game

Way to double down. You do you. I won’t be seeing anymore of it.

3 Likes

Adding a little cool-down.

This topic was automatically opened after 58 minutes.

I like how the community always comes together like this to give support and try to help, just to get shotdown by “but we want it this way.”

To most of your points all I have to say is, you have to put in work to get what you want? Thank God life isn’t like that… but also, I really hope you don’t apply irl your gaming philosophy because I feel that won’t end well.

Now to the more relevant non nitpick points. I do agree a road map on what is being worked on would be nice. Now that is just me because in my current life situation I have been spoiled by in-development games becuase they are all I can really commit time to.

The Boundless community. Going to be honest I love and DESPISE this community, and this post personifies why. So many people lining up to help, always helpful. But you also have the people that feel compelled to make these grandious exits. Every time I get excited or the itch to play boundless is when I notice a forum digest email. Then I open it and quickly decide not to play. Becuase this is what I see 2-3 posts about exo, excitement. Then 5 posts about “wahh wahh I want this and that so I am quitting”. Then 1 post of someone asking for help on something.

4 Likes

need introduce the special wood then its like real wood you plant it and then wait for it to grow in real world growtimes takes also long to refine its a hard wood

Deal! Ill take them all.

The augments aren’t really competitive, the gleambow event itself is which IMO is why it was really fun (not a competitive person by any means), but the augment parties are like the most laid back thing possible and you can get soooo much gleam from augments. I got over 100 black from a single meteor last time.

1 Like

If you quit because you can’t get the color you want, then you have bigger issues than playing this game.
Not everyone gets a trophy…

2 Likes

And yet so many pay for gleam club because they want the optional perks it offers. So it makes sense that others would want to have rental planets that are theirs exclusively. It’s the same principle as paying for rental space.

3 Likes

Try and be a little empathetic. It’s easy to hit really hard walls and people get frustrated. There isn’t anything wrong with taking a break or venting a little. It doesn’t mean people have personal issues or need to be put in their place. It’s demeaning.

5 Likes

I have empathy. But I’m also a realist and brutally honest. Not going to empathize with someone who is basically having a tantrum because they’re not getting the shiny toys that someone else has. That way leads to entitlement.

“A lot of people work really, really hard for their dreams, but it’s not meant for everybody.” - Demi Lovato

3 Likes

I value your honesty and opinions. :+1:

1 Like

Really. . . When did a certain color in a building game become a trophy? Are we supposed to just get one of these rare color blocks, put it in storage, and stare at it so we feel better about ourselves? Just being brutally honest because if the point is to not make colors available enough to build with then maybe the developers need to remove all references to building in their promotional materials and videos. If this is a game about rare items/trophies and the economy, then maybe the builders should just leave and the the shop owners can be each other’s customers for all the building materials and tools that exist in the game.

6 Likes

When it’s as rare as it is, then it’s an accomplishment to get some, so in effect an achievement or trophy that says, “I did that.” If you want it, you got to be willing to make the effort and not expect to be given to you just because you want it.
But do the promotional materials and video’s speak about this specific color that is at issue? No. So that argument isn’t really valid.
If it’s not giving you want you want, you are of course free to move on. Nothing says you have to stay with it exclusively.

2 Likes

But doesn’t the rarity of a colour give your build some extra appeal or make it more desirable/prestigious and something to aspire to?

If it was JUST about the builds and building what your skills allowed then surely the game should just be creative mode all the way, let us fly and mass place blocks for walls etc etc.

I like knowing that a small amount of what i build with is difficult to obtain as it helps giving my build an extra edge and something that I can only use a little of here and there.

Its entirely each to their own on this one, and I think that creative mode is there to cater to those who just want to build all day and night with anything their mind can creat It comes with very few drawbacks to that player base as well as having little impact on those players who like the rarity factor too.

I’m currently not playing because I have gone off just building and a lot of the other things promised that attracted me to the game simply haven’t arrived (yet hopefully) . This seems to apply to a lot of people too, which only adds to my view that this isn’t just a building game.

3 Likes

Well using a rarer color doesn’t give you more prestige over another less rare color. Also for me at least I don’t care what colors other people use. I don’t look at anyone’s build and go ohh look it all that black gleam glass/insert any other rare color block.

9 Likes

Not prestige in terms of the score value, but in terms of oh look. They used filigree over compact etc.

Its truly a subjective/taste issue. Some people like one build, others like another. I liked to build with a lot of normal blocks then some rarer ones to give it a rarer look.

That being said, I also painted a whole mountain black so maybe I’m just a little deranged.

End of the day from my perspective is that creative planets let all sides get what they want

1 Like

Not for me personally. Often when I come across something rare it’s presented in such a gaudy manner to showcase the rarity or achievement and it actually detracts from the overall build. It impresses me when people do clever things with simple materials and make fantastic builds. I’m interested in function, form, and aesthetic.

8 Likes

No a rare color does not give your build extra appeal. I think appeal is how colors are used, not how rare they are. Appeal is in how creative an individual was in using various colors, and chiseling and block types like marble or concrete to create their build. With very few exceptions, I would never know looking at a build if a color was rare or not. I do not believe most players carry around a chart of colors so they know what is and what is not rare.

No and it’s tiring to hear the same old creative mode excuse for allowing color rarity. I have no issues if a players has to go out and mine for the materials and craft the block to build with. But in a game with regen, I have an issue when I cannot go out and at anytime get as much of a color as I want. If I need 10ss of white marble then I need to be able to go out and mine the white rock and the other materials to make it. That is not a possibility as the game stands today. Are there players that will be happier in creative mode? Probably but to paint every player that does not like color rarity with that brush is no better than me saying the rare color players should be moved to their own planets where there are only a handful of 75 percent of the colors so they can be happy.

While I am sure there are players that due to a lack of titans or some other advertised feature have left the game. But I can assure you that there are players that leave due to a frustration with the building mechanic. And in the end, too many of the products and tools are made for building. Not for hunting or crafting or farming or gathering or mining. So ignore the builders needs at your own peril.

12 Likes

Not a problem. I never said that things should be free. All I am saying is that at any time a player should be able to expend the exact same effort doing exactly the same thing as another player and get the same materials. It should not be based on when you can play or if you were even playing a year ago when the exo that had the color appeared. Materials that appear for a limited time do not fit into a world where the same effort/tasks equal the same result. If players need trophies then push for trophies. Have a drop from road runners that only happens once every 30,000 killed. Have a special drop when a player kills its 4000 mob. Have 2 or three of an actual trophy hidden on a exo. But don’t sacrifice the building part of the game for the players that require a trophy to enjoy the game.

I disagree. If you put out a game and push its building side as a huge feature (versus the few seconds spent in a market talking about the economy) then players play and find out they are restricted in the colors they can use, then it is misleading.

Nah. . I would prefer they remove the color rarity and have the players that require that in order to play move on. Color rarity is not necessary for the game to function. It is not a requirement for the economy, hunting, gathering, mining, or crafting.

10 Likes