Why is Oortstone worth 30 coins more Per Piece now than normal high prices a few weeks ago?

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the price of oort started to jump up during what players called “the great oort depression”.

During that time, work and life had pulled me away from leading hunts so there was that much rough oort less. 300 rough oort per person, per 2hr hunt. At average 10 hunters, that’s 3000 less oort in the economy in just one missed hunt. That’s quite a bit! That was just one of my hunts, think how many less it would be cause others has stopped running them too. The public’s Nice guy Jacey had stepped out for a bit, my man Saalt wasn’t running them anymore. The only constant at that time was the amazing ElSioui. Now total up oort lost per week from those missed hunts.

People were also starting to get bored with hunting. I don’t blame them. So what many started doing, was putting out request baskets at 180c per oort. As other networks/businesses/hubs oort supply started to get down to their last smart stack, they bumped up the request price to 200c. If everyone else is at 180c, 200c was a big jump and it secured their portals from closing. Soon after other request baskets stopped being sold to since 180c wasn’t worth it, those ones would up it to 210c so their portals would be secure. Essentially, the request baskets kept chasing each other’s prices to where we are at now. 300c.

If there’s a network big enough, in need enough, and with enough money, they’ll have those prices even higher than 300c to make sure they stay open…

2 Likes

The reduced the profit, they didn’t remove it. I don’t think bots care, profit is profit for them.

Tho botting is no longer allowed so they risk being banned now

ok i just recently found out about it i heard someone mention it here once. im not starved for cash so didnt perk my interest so i will defer to you. Maybe it will continue then.

Im so torn right now considering oort. Do i spend a million coin on oort at 300 now, before it climbs to three fitty, or do i wait for a change to the oort mechanics from the devs?

I dont want to be caught offguard, like i was in the bone market, refusing to buy at 8c only to watch it go to 11-15c.

Decisions… urgh

The devs haven’t helped with bones, or hopper cores. The Oort problem has been there for 6 months. I wouldn’t expect an intervention any time soon. No offense @james @leahlemoncakes

2 Likes

Youre on point. Just writing the post you replied to made me decide to use that million now. Thanks.

2 Likes

They could have killed 2 birds with one stone during the Oortmas event by having Christmas meteors also drop Oort. Wouldn’t help much now, but would have made Christmas meteors less pointless.

2 Likes

Maybe they could add Toilet paper as a portal fuel? …Ah nvm lol.

2 Likes

Things that would help in my opinion is lower the cost of oort needed to fuel portals, make it to where the drop rate is slightly increased to hunting meteorites and slightly change a way to combat to where the mobs from meteorites attack with structure for strategy from the creatures and not a pure chaotic mess.

Luckily I’ve had @Arkanjel giving me stacks of oort for free for the last few months. Single handedly keeping my portals open and allowing me to build. THANK YOU! So I suggest getting an Arkanjel… just not this one. This ones taken! :joy:

7 Likes

I have someone I buy from but he’s kind and sells to me for under current market. I try to pay more but he leaves me the coin in one of my baskets :sweat_smile: tho after @molav took all my money I dunno if I’ll be buying Oort any time soon now :joy:

3 Likes

There is a lot of coin in the market thanks to the minter and footfall. The only useful way to spend these coins is on Oort. And, you can even spend an infinite amount on Oort because the only thing better then Oort is more Oort.

If portals get cheaper, the rich would just run more of them and still consume all the Oort. Not only do we have to find a way to make Oort cheaper, because 300c is to expensive, we also have to find a way that there is Oort for everyone, not just the big networks and the no-life-minters.

2 Likes

If you up how long oort lasts for with the use of fuel for the portals it will bring the value down of oort because not as much oort would be needed to fuel the portals

I feel like its not like oort too expansive, its more like the other source basically no value at all.
This why i don’t really think lower oort’s price is good idea, because this is the only business type i want to involve at the moment. Running in group hunt still feel much better than walk around of world for beans …etc . Right now most type of business require players to spent too many times to get a small amount of income. However, running in group hunt for 1.5 hour you can get like close to 550k.

I still remember my first business in game was power coil when the game just release, I can spent a few time to craft some of it and make tons of money in short time.

Second business is forge ingredient, I made a lot of money by that as well, and I didn’t spent a lot of time either.

But in current economic, I don’t even want to touch those business again, because the efforts I spent is not equal to the income I have. Unless I want to spend more hours to prepare those items.

Current meta is more like seller is easier than shop owners, because shop owners need to fuel a lot of portals which is hard to make profit unless your shop is very famous and you spent tons of time to prepare for it. For me, its just decrease my building time which is the only content I enjoy in Boundless at the moment.

The fun thing is I build a shop building, and then I just realize nothing worth to sell at the moment lol.

1 Like