Why is Oortstone worth 30 coins more Per Piece now than normal high prices a few weeks ago?

There are a lot of hubs now and they just keep showing up.

At this point releasing small hunting updates would not be good. Lets say they release 1 new mob it will be great for a week or 2 and then people complaining about it again.

1 Like

How about start listing why it is boring ?

Its easy just to say in any game what sucks.
Add suggestion topic if you dont have any ideas.

3 Likes

No unique abilities
You just hang from a scaffold and shoot
No mobs that are actually hard to fight or require some strategy (like targeting parts)
No new mobs for 2 years

1 Like

They just need to FINALLY make oort ores minable so this issue with oort for portals is resolvedā€¦ even if its on exo planetsā€¦ or provide a more user friendly source for portal fuelsā€¦ LOTS of good places are losing their portals due to this :frowning:

3 Likes

You cant throw a rock on this forum without hitting suggestions to improve hunting or mob engagement. Hunting/fighting in this game is an afterthought not a primary aspect of the game.

1 Like

Big dogs gather all the oort is leftā€¦
I played just few months ago before i ā€œquitā€ and oort was arpund 180-210 back thenā€¦ what the zizzles

1 Like

Man I miss the 180c days. But youā€™re talking over a year ago with that.

3 Likes

This probably is the easiest way to fix it.

Let an oort world pop-up once in a while

3 Likes

Honestly anything would help - increased mob drops, mineable oort, reduced portal costs etc.

2 Likes

The only thing that needs to be fixed is the enjoyment of hunting. No workarounds are needed. If you are able to make it so people enjoy hunting for the fun of the hunting gameplay and not soley the drops, then problem solved.

If you add minable Oort, increase drop rates or reduce portal cost etc, then when hunting gets more enjoyable, there will be an overflow of Oort, making it so common to the point of it costing nothing. Meaning at that point, you might as well get rid of Oort as it would just be another few clicks you have to do to maintain a portal (It would be like fueling a beacon with basic fuel)

If I were to choose any update to have next it would be hunting, and I feel like the devs know this is needed, but of course more suggestions are always good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

QFT

No I bought over 7k of them in August

Then came a sort of campaign to pay 250 even while people were still selling them at 180 - 200 for some weeks.

We went from people looking for buyers to threads about ā€œshortagesā€ in less than three weeks timeā€¦

EDIT: I went back and re-read most of that. It lasted a while and by the end of that thread I was paying 200 each (hand trade) in october. Still I only had to hunt less than 3k to fill up the cabinet most of it was bought at 180 or hand traded at 190. 5 - 6 months ago.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: seems like a year ago. Tho thereā€™s been updates that have come out since then that has either messed up drop rates(seeds) or pushed players away from this game.

1 Like

Because I had 430 rough oort stoneā€¦ then I compacted 360 and used the rest for my own shard stash~

Because players only can do damage and heal for boundless hunting content.
There is no crowd control, no condition debuff (well we have bleeding, but kind of useless), no other support buff apply by gear (you can only apply buff to yourself). When players can just melt every monsters in short time, of course hunting will be very boring.

We just need to shoot and run and follow the hunt leader, so basically player donā€™t require to think any of strategy to defeat monsters.

Also I believe during the hunting event, the time you spent on walking is way longer than actually kill monsters :sob:

1 Like

Adrenal glands rose fromā€¦ 50c? to 300c?

So, yes, I assume the only thing that holds the Oort price down is people who finally sold their stock because they are satisfied with 300c. Soon the only Oort on the market will be fresh hunted Oort, or the Oort the gleam-bot-munters have stockpiled. Both wonā€™t part with it for 300c Iā€™m sure.

Oort is the only valuable item in the game, of course everyone is investing in Oort.

They made the same mistake every other game makes, too. Coins are worthless because of the dual currency (coin and cubits), which is why everyone tries to convert worthless coins into gold Oort.

Ironically, a currency has no value without taxes. Taxes is what forces us IRL to have currency. Otherwise we could and would just make ā€œcurrenciesā€ up, like Bitcoin. Andā€¦ keeping portals open is this games tax, which isnā€™t paid in this games currency.

If something isnā€™t fun the solution isnā€™t to increase the rewardā€¦

1 Like

I feel like the rising price of oort and the increased scarcity of this commodity is drawing real world parallels to the price of Oil.

Ever Increasing demand and increased costs of getting it (for oil - the cost of acquisition and for oort - the cost of time spent hunting vs time spend doing alternative activities).

What this tells me is - I should probably invest in some oort now ahah.

2 Likes

if they add this here I am sure some more people will have more fun, if they add them I will go hunt to again. But atm hunting is so boring. I waiting for the titans or some new monster before i go hunting active again.

No dont investā€¦ the reason for all the coin in the system is as you mentioned above ppl have more due to the 100k an hour gleam situation. Soon it will once again rebalance. Folks will blow through that coin then HAVE to hunt again. Though once you get spoiled its hard to go back to the fields gleaning beans so prepare for more outcry lol

3 Likes

Well, if 4 current mobs (roadrunners arenā€™t in meteors) is enough for 20 months, then 1 new mob should be good for at least 5 months? If my math is correct.