Why Rental Planets?

O Hope that’s next I really want them :cookie: Shields

1 Like

sovereign worlds are only the first type of rental worlds and the most restricted (as they follow public universe set of spawning rules) - it’s basically just to provide a semi-random world that allows permissions control and thus safe private space

2 Likes

Lol here i hoped some dumbo gonna spawn t4 lush aus world.

3 Likes

it might happen - even maybe as a group endeavor, to provide AU with a t4 world open to visit for public

I threw that idea out once and will go back to it later and we shall see

2 Likes

Yeap I thought about it…depends on price of course. But i reckon @boundmore would love a t4 planet…

1 Like

From something Ross had mentioned it seems only Luca and James have really been working on this. Ross worked on some config stuff for it…but from teasers Ross and Jess dropped I think there’s going to be a larger content update coming out…my suspicion is they’re trying to do something around the launch anniversary but that’s just a gut feeling with nothing to back it up. It looked like Ross was testing a proof of concept for furniture and Jess shared an in-game totem (placeable object, not stick weapon thing).

1 Like

ok i understand that. but in my opinion those planets make no sense just for colours or control to have.
there are enough planets for farming etc.
i would like to see more updates for QoL, maschines. things like this…

thx for the links, that looks nice :smiley:

1 Like

That’s your opinion indeed. In my opinion and many other’s as well it makes a lot of sense to have rental planets!

In fact I would not be playing anymore if they would never come…

And I don’t want them for colours at all, I just want one where I don’t have to worry about others being in the way and without needing to plot large areas to protect my future plans.

I think there have been enough QoL changes updates in the past ten months or so and its time for something new. Rentals will help me to wait until the big content updates are coming! Last year we had farming as a big change in how we can play and am hoping for something similar this year too, content size wise.

1 Like

I want 2. I left the game because of people blocking in my mines and other such petty annoyances, so 1 of them I want to be a t6 Malurialakrib like world. Malurialakrib is my favorite world. I was the viceroy there for a long time. I’d like a world like it to be able to mine at my leisure without anyone trying to block me off. I also have some connection issues here and there playing on an Australian world while I’m eastern USA. The other I’d like to be a t4 lush. Getting onto Circarpolous IV can be rough at times, and finding exotic earth yam bulbs takes time there. I only recently came back. I left long enough ago that none of my stuff could be reclaimed. My other thought for a rental world is to let members of my guild build there and become viceroy one by one to clear that trophy/achievement.

7 Likes

I personally don’t want one. I enjoy the public planets and having a home in a populated area. I do agree that the $$ from rental worlds and the Boundless subs are good for the health of the game. I personally sub to the game to support it. Good support brings more content.

2 Likes

they always ask why rental planets but never where rental planets

3 Likes

I’m an odd one, I’m against them honestly but would take one. I just think it may spread out the community a lil more but if there out I might as well get one 🤷

2 Likes

I don’t see the problem with spreading out. Gives more room for those players to build big. Also gives more room on public planets to new players to build their towns.

7 Likes

The good thing is: you can controll wich player can plot, also nobady can troll you.

The Bad thing is: you play real money and you cant choice all colors .

A lot of people keep focusing on not being able to pick there own colours, where in reality its you can’t pick any colour at the START. I see the early adopters being the ones who don’t mind not getting the exo etc colours for their mining planets and for those who are just after the perfect colour planet a small wait until the colours get unlocked.

Simply wait until you pay your money

2 Likes

Very similar here… if I can afford it, I want 2. My plans have shifted over recent weeks - my original post in this thread was my original intent. Now, as I’ve mentioned in other threads, I also really want a public gem mining world. :slight_smile:

Mine will be Toxic T6 I think - I did a poll and emerald was most wanted, and as a side benefit, Toxics seem to spawn the most glow caps, and I think they’re pretty, I actually like their atmosphere. The question becomes, what to do for the second, I’m very torn. And obviously, this is if I can afford it, I might not be able to afford even one! But for the second, a T4 lush is also a big consideration - that could be my private refuge, one I’d do up in my favorite Barbie colors. :wink: T4 would be good easy hunting, plus unlike a 3 would have exotic earthyams. BUT, there is part of me that just wants to do a second T6 gem world, probably Burn, for rubies. As it is, neither emerald or ruby have really great areas on the permanent worlds. Take a gamble and try for that? Suppose I could always remove it later and take the T4 lush if I didn’t like it.

I do like the idea of creating something very useful, a gem mine world that will be open to all to visit and no worries ever about the walling in - I’d probably allow people to ask to settle in some spots, but if they tried any funny business, gone! :wink:

2 Likes

that’s kinda toxic…

sorry, couldn’t resist :rofl:

1 Like

Evil Paka approves of this toxicity. :smiling_imp: Goes back to chopping up glow caps

1 Like

Depending on price, I will have at least one rental planet and may own a few. For example, if they’re $5/mo, I may get 3.

1 Like