Why this game has no windows?

Glass is just fugly… tbh.

1 Like

Yeah, more decorative furniture is high on my wish list, my house looks kind of empty. I’m thinking: beds, dressers, bookshelves, wall and floor decoration, and such.

On the decoration - this would maybe be a little tricky but imagine being able to turn screenshots into murals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

check sticker concept art think devs where also messing with sticker windows our drapery

2 Likes

They have mentioned in 1 post awhile back that doors were meant to be used at windows also. But then they give you this lock the size of another window you have to attempt to hide to make it visually appealing.

1 Like

i like it for when i really wonna make sure its closed :smile:
my very first day ever in boundless(beta) i landed on a house that went wild and all that was left was wood and one lock
took me weeks to figure out what that thing did hahahah was no one around to ask lool

1 Like

b9600b587a71bef37f3052eda944d9d47d9bb36c_1_690x381

267aebc6183d89206c24947b110274f07bd741fc_1_690x381

3 Likes

July '17

Still no stickers or windows…

but we have these deco blocks thats almost unusable in most builds :expressionless:

Yes there were technical reasons the glass is the way it is. There are more than a few posts in the forum talking about it and why things are the way they are.

Transparent items in graphics need to be rendered in a controlled order to be blended and presented correctly.

The voxel renderer (the thing that renders all the cube + sloped voxels) doesn’t currently support reordering.
The mesh renderer (poles, beams, items, storage, signs, characters, creatures, etc) does support ordering and hence transparency.

The glass block is part of the voxel renderer and hence doesn’t have fancy transparency.
A window mesh (like the gleam sign) could support transparency.

1 Like

Down with Windows!
Up with PS4!

But seriously, glass issues aside, windowpanes and beds and cabinets and such would be cool for role playing (build a house with a living room, kitchen, bedroom etc)

I was referring to the fact that there are no windows not the way glass looks.

Can you please explain a bit more on what you mean then. I honestly don’t get how a glass block doesn’t create a window. Maybe provide a picture or something showing what you mean?

What if a mesh was added that didn’t have a frame or edge? It would look like glass in a big way.

I’ve seen people trying to use the gleam signs as windows. If they didn’t have the scroll detail along the edge, they would be seen as legit windows maybe?

1 Like

Window panes with shutters?
Those wood cross shaped things in windows?

Maybe they mean: like in MC there are full, square glass blocks…but there are also glass window panes. I don’t think they blend together though. (I haven’t played MC in awhile)

Actually I’ve a community request if someone wants to run with it.

Can we build an ordered list of props (beds, shelves, toilets, whatever) that the community wants to see added. The order is important. If we added 1 prop what would it be? If 5 what? If 10 what? Canvas community input for ideas, and discuss what ordering would be best.

7 Likes

We can add almost any mesh. But meshes can’t be chiselled.

If we literally want a skinny flat transparent thing - that’s easy. (A gleam sign with no border.)

4 Likes

This, but clip to the edge like a door does.

This description made me :rofl::rofl::rofl: but yes, I think this would appease everyone :+1:

I would put beds at the top of the list. A bed could serve a functional purpose too, like a well-rested bonus, and to me, a house just isn’t a house without a bed! Also, rather than returning to the Sanctum, could just make my character go to bed when I step away.