Why?

That honestly makes me want to be :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But if player steals unplots and jumps world informing other won’t truly help

In my book? Honestly? No there shouldn’t. I am sorry but you took the risk to trust the person. and gave them enough access to „Steal everything“ That tells me you may have gave them too much access, to soon, and too much at once. so ultimately, it boiled down to you giving them the access.

However that is my personal opinion which many many many people will disagree with, This is my opinion because I am an EVE online player and my main function in the guild I was in was to prevent such things, make sure damage controls were in place to limit the amount of damage any one person could do to the guild, interview any and all new players and any players up for promotion and so on. and weed out the bad.

Sorry but I am kind of bias in this matter, due to my roles in the past.

But I more then understand anyone who disagrees with how I see it, as my view point on that matter is not typical of most players.

And since this game is not as „Harsh“ as EVE, I am sure James will look into this situation, and handle it in some way, when he haves the time to do so.

1 Like

JUST ONE of the problems here is that you could have simply changed your mind. You did in fact give them permission to take the item.

I’m sorry for your loss here and bad stuff happens. I’m 100% not trying to say you were wrong or anything. I’m just pointing out that the things people do when they’re angry aren’t always commendable either.

Some people get offended when they tell me they will permission me into their storage or base in some way and I tell them not to. But people who are too free with their permissions often end up in this scenario and I hate to say it but,if you are talking about a guild facility, it may or may not even be the player you think it was.

Again,nothing personal and i have no detail so I’m not trying to be specific about your situation. I’m just pointing out why some of the things that make so much sense when you’re angry/frustrated/hurt aren’t really good ideas at all.

Never played eve so not sure about that aspect. It that’s the case shouldn’t it be a trust no one kind of game not a work or build as a community kind of game? Basically the PVP in the game is dodgy type of people vs helpful people.

Oortian Authorities Guild. Just popped in head and wanted to say it. It would have awesome acronym the “OAG” sounds very official.

Trust takes a long time in EVE, but there are very strong communitys in EVE, but even in them strong damage control Policys are needed, but I have made alot of friends that I still have to this day from EVE.

1 Like

Oh it wasn’t against me. I trust no one but my dome mates. Just should be some set of anything to show or say someone did this. Yes can change name but on ps4 your PSN is always visible whether on shop stand or looking at someone’s “toon”

I really wish we could call out names to warn other people, one way or another. I for example believe that if someone is being treated like sh!t, they should be able to say it out, let the other person build up their case and reply and furthermore let other players make their opinions whether to for example conduct business with said player.

I know devs are doing a good job with all these reports, but the result is a punishment/solution made by opinions of a handful of people, which easily can be avoided by making a new char and no one knows about it.

5 Likes

Very well said!!!

Scum bags should be held accountable for their actions no matter where it’s happening inside or outside a video game. Those idiots deserve to be put on a pike and displayed.

But… you know… Code of Conduct is king and without fault. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

Tar and feather skin that’s automatically applied if a dishonest player?

1 Like

We get it, you don’t like the CoC. Give it a rest already :roll_eyes:
It exists to prevent worse behavior. If you have a better alternative, please submit it.

Off with everyones heads eh? We are in a more modern civilization nowdays and even the guilty should have some basic rights, and the innocent should not have to have false claims aimed at them, which will lead to people harassing them over it.

We should be able to call people out. Period.

What the game needs is a team of people that are dedicated to responding to in game reports and handling community issues. James shouldn’t be the one doing it or any of the other devs. Let a community management team handle it. That’s the solution. Anything else isn’t good enough.

IMO, this fear that there is going to be witch hunts is absurd.

5 Likes

This is harassment, Plain and simple.

Yes we need moderators in game. I’m US E. Devs are at work from 4am my time to 2-4pm my time. Who will show up if have an issue? Or do I need to take time off to show a dev an issue with the game?

So, I call you out, it’s me and my considerable reputation and resources against yours and… what exactly? Let’s say I’m even ON the community management team because again, I’ve been here forever and built the reputation. That not only puts a select few players above the law, but also creates a literal inquisition. I can think of no more grim future. You’re replacing a code of conduct with a lynching party.

A player shouldn’t be on the community management team to begin with.

Well not “players” like you and me or anyone else. I don’t think I need to really explain what I am getting at with that.

1 Like

It’s not absurd, it’s happened here before. Multiple times.

1 Like