Wiki MOBILISING A TEAM

if you can find out out to delete pages that would eb great :slight_smile:

because we need to get rid of all the out of date block screenshots

Well I found where you can edit an existing page, but there is no mention of deleting it whatsoever :expressionless:

hmm don’t know then ive added a big bunch of screens

but im going off and im going to do the rest tomorrow

Just as Info.

And i can help at the Wiki.

If u make new picture pls use the *.png format like the example from me. and than we can use the info box for better overview.

1 Like

alrighty im going to go change all my current pics to png files

I would love to help, just tell me what to do xD

and we should use 1 wiki not 2 or 3 diffrent

Agreed, I think we’re all ok in using http://oortonline.gamepedia.com/. I’m going to try to bring any screens over there.

Is there any way to organize the main page itself though? The current articles still need working on, but organizing a few main categories and setting up some nicely displayed links on page 1 would make things much more user friendly.

**I’m planning to do a ton on this tomorrow, if anyone else is as well feel free to msg me

i searcgh atm how to change main page and some categories

A good writeup for basic crafting, color between worlds, and blending are needed. @DerpFish if you are any good at writing guides that would be a great place to start.

{{Infoboxtest
|editor name =
|class = Block / Prop / Item / Tool / Weapon / Equipmen
|image = 
|icon = 
|created from =
|found on = 
|version = 
|color =
|special =
}}

now, new and better Infobox version ^^

1 Like

Was hoping to take another crack at some gamepedia pages in the next few days, but am not the best at starting write-ups from nothing.

@james, @ben, @randomdevs - is it alright to borrow some text from the website or is all original preferred?

Sure. No problem.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I just started making changes to the wiki pages to boost some of the depth of details. Right now I was looking at the twisted timber page. Is there any way we can get sent a all-inclusive list of wood from the devs. This way you don’t have to take the time to edit the wiki. We would be able to make the changes accordingly.

For example: How many variation of twisted timber is there? From there we can identify not only the variations but where to find them. (Light Brown Twisted Timber, with picture, accompanied by different planets that might have this)

This would be ideal when we start getting into more rare items or world exclusive items. Looking for Iceshard? (fake name) Iceshards are found randomly underground on the Server Ice, including percentage of spawn rate vs. depth, required tool to mine, etc. etc.

@ZeusXVII https://forum.oortonline.com/t/block-colors-by-world/741 start here.

One thing I realized though - it may be better to just have a “timber” page, and then a separate section on it for ancient timber, twisted timber, and any future wood types without having too many pages just for wood. Mainly since any type of timber seems to fit crafting requirements.

*** one thing that would be amazing from devs though is if you ever wanted to upload some of the icons… since I am guessing you have a pile of .pngs somewhere!

1 Like

@Apocalyptica Oh yeah I agree with you about the one page for wood. I just thing within that page we can add some depth to each type. Thanks for the link, I was looking through some of the old post. I just didn’t know if the Dev’s had like a running end-all-be-all current item guide with details.

@DarkRepulsor

Taking a look back through your excel list, have you documented any other information? If not I thought we could traverse some worlds together and write down the details. Maybe teleport to each capital and make progress.

We could make a page (thinking only one but can do multiple, maybe individual pages or regional pages) for the worlds and give the basic details like you had on your sheet. Example could be Ruchs: Activity- Extremely High, Active Player - Grey, Jen, etc. Types of Blocks found naturally?

I think a page for worlds would be useful - with listed worlds having a brief description, a good screenshot (focused on the landscape - not builds!), block colors listed, and any world-specific materials.

As far as listing active players - I’d just leave that out and focus on information regarding the game… not the players. I know personally I would never want any information posted regarding what worlds I tend to inhabit.
Others may disagree, but adding it in would result in very lengthy lists at some point.

2 Likes