Will Boundless come to Google stadia?

As per the topic really, saw that square enix are a listed partner with the stadia gaming from Google.

Wondered if there are plans to bring boundless to another very accessible platform?

On a similar note, I’m curious if they’ll bring the game to the Nintendo Switch as well in the future, since it seems like the game would be more than perfect for such a console.

2 Likes

Still have exclusivity with Sony. The devs have never shed light on if that’s permanent or not. And I don’t think it would port very well to the switch. The PS4 pro already has its problems with the game and has a lot better internals over the switch.

3 Likes

I’d love to see it as an Xbox Play Anywhere game myself, if the exclusivity isn’t permanent.

That the PS4 PRO has problems atm is probably because the engine needs to be tweaked for the PS version.
The current state of the PS version is a good example how hard it is to optimize on different systems.

So let’s not forget that porting to a new system/console entails a lot of work, I would rather see Boundless get a good foothold on PS4 and PC those are giant markets already ^^

7 Likes

And if you want to stream Boundless just get Nvidia’s Geforce Now, works rather well, used it in hospital even. Needs a Steam account tho…

3 Likes

Hehe, always thinking to switch playing on my workstation (high end PC) instead of PS4, though we cannot transfer accounts from what I heard… sigh nothing beats the couch and the PS4 gamepad though :3

2 Likes

I got a new pc recently, have a Steam key, and a very long hdmi cable to my TV. Use a wireless keyboard and mouse for debug and chatting and use my PS4 controller wireless of course too, on the couch…

Would love character transfer tho, no blockiness in my workshop and the dramerate and details, ahhh

Good point, soo all we need is an account transfer function to abandon the blockiness. \ o_o /
bah got no sound card though sooo I cant use my optical sound system from PC…

The reason for asking on the stadia front specifically is because it is still pc based albeit cloud and also square enix are collaborating with Google on it already but for which titles I don’t know

Stadia works via chromecast

It may be PC based but it’s not Steam. If you can use steam on there then yea you would be able to play boundless.

@VirtualEclipse ps4 has had problems since launch. It’s nothing new.

Ah hah good point

Was there at launch (preorder acutally)^^ I would say the problems on PS4 got larger over time. I do not remember having framestutters and that poor of a draw distance when I started playing at launch.
Shout out to the Arie starter crew -> @AeneaGames @Damagekai we are still playing \ ^ _ ^ /

edit: the current state on PS4 is concerning imo.

2 Likes

Started playing the minute it launched on ps4.streamed it at launch with a friend. And the draw distance has been pretty poor since then. No water reflections. And I recall plenty of stutters, frame drops, no renders from the get go. But I was already lvl 30ish a week in and on the high tier planets and mining.

Also note I’m on a pro with Fiber 1gb/500mb

Only game I ever get any sort of problems with.

1 Like

Nice internet I envy you!

The framerate stutters are new i believe, possibly something they can fix. Draw distance is the same as far as I can tell. But everything else has improved since launch. Think about portal load times lol. We were standing in front of portals for minutes sometimes. I can now load a portal in 2-3 seconds

3 Likes

And that is why I am concerned, it is the same for me and there’s a few indie titles in my library.

edit: then the drawdistance was bad from the get go. Fix please :3

The devs are smart enough not to have signed a permanent deal. It would of been extremely broad minded of them. The fact they are not shedding light is most likely contract reasons. Trust me when I say, and I don’t know when that is but the contract will end and crossplay will happen.

You are forgetting @ghandymarshall who was near you too! Didn’t know until a few months back! Turns out he used my portal often, haha, small universe!

Hehe, I know who you mean -> lived over the river from my base a bit down I stalked ghandy’s build a few times :3

1 Like