Willing to buy shimmering orbs?

what do your shovels cost you? how many do you have to buy? The brews, how many and how much? Same with the pies, how many and how much?
Those are the cost that many have to think about before they can go, oh, yeah, I can do this.
Just tossing in figure here, don’t know how accurate but for example:
Shovel 3k each need 3 so that is 9k
Brews, one last 15 minutes, in one hour you will need 4 at 1,200 that is rounded to 5k
Pies, those are approx. 2k each so you will need 3 pies so that is 6k
9k + 5k + 6K = 20k right off the bat. Who has that kind of coins to spend except those who have that kind of money?
Catch-22, many lower level players can’t afford to buy the tools, food and brews needed to get the items of high demand, shimmering orbs, green ad purple yams. So, they can’t gather them and have to buy them. Those who can afford them want a nice coin for the expense of getting them and so charge a pretty coin for them, 60 to 100c each.
Or, they are gathering them for personal usage, such as making items and they pass on the cost of the tools, brews and food in the price of the products they make.
And that is okay, I have no problem with it, what I do have a problem with is the attitude that anyone can go and get shimmering orbs, get 2k in just under two hours and not think of what they used to get be able to do so.
Not every player can do that and they need to know that upfront. Not find out after they have spent 6 or 8k on some items to help and then be upset.
okay, off another soapbox

Lol.
I make my own brews, I farm the bark, the sap, the green frags,
I make the food, I farm the exotics, etc.
I have shared pretty much every farm i use on here multiple times.

I pay around 7k-11k per shovel.
I have also for experimenting, used a +260 titanium 3x3 shovel.
2 hit, (1 hit crit), farmed the PURE growth farm and got 600 per 30 mins.
so thats 1200 per hour, and i did not use a pie or brew,
The shovels can be had in a few places in game for less then 2.5k
Took me 2 & 1/2 shovels in that hour.

(Not talking about the OP)
But, a lot of people get on here and complain about farming and high prices.
A lot just dont want to farm. You cant get all mad because some of us do.

I make about 80% of my coin in game off gathering.
I have made 200-300k a day farming.

Instead of complainging about me buying what i buy or calculating coin cost. Ask me, Ill share almost every farm i use. (Some are private and not mine to share)

I will help anyone learn.

1 Like

could you share the places for the growth farms? (minus the private ones of course :wink:)

Next time you need mega fast brews or persisting pies get ahold of me or @blinvir. We can take care of you. Those prices are way too high.

1 Like

I cant share my main growth farm, not mine :expressionless:

But before I met the people that have it, I used 2.
PUREs and Serenity’s
Both are pretty close to the same. I can get a route a lil easier on PUREs.
Just with a presisting pie, no fast brew and a nice 1200+ dura diamond/emerald shovel, I can get about 700-800 pretty easy per pie. So thats an easy close to 1500 without much hassle. Pop a speed brew and rush, can get around 2000+ per hour. but youll also get a lot of soil and hurt the dura of the shovel.

My “complaints” aren’t to you specifically, but to the misconception that it is cheap and easy to farm shimmering orbs, yams and other highly desired items.
you spend approx. 5k on tools, then the cost of regen bombs is around 1-2k, so that is 6k at the least amount spent.
Can a new player, at level 20-25 be able to do that? Probably not, and the level of skills, how fast they are with the tools are all factors in how many you get.

At level 50 with the speed at max for the hammer and shovel I can go faster than the level 20 who has only one skill point, if that, in their hammer and shovel for speed, or even overall speed.
Those are factors that are not thought of when older players say you can get this amount in this time. Yes, you can, but Sussie Q who is level 20, has not put skills into her shovel, axe or hammer, can’t afford to buy the even the 2.5k tool can Not get that many. That is what frustrates me.
That I didn’t get that much two, three weeks ago does bother me, but I know that a large part of it was I didn’t have what I needed in skills area to do that, nor the funds to buy the brews and pies.
I can go to Delta C and in a nice spot close to the ramp get 200 berries, around 75 bark, in a growth section near by get 4-8 shimmering orbs in one day from a hour to two hours, depending on how many cuttletrunks, hoppers and spitters want to be a pest. If I’m lucky, and generally am, I can get two to five road runners, got three feathers that way.
That takes care of my needs. I use regular iron axe and hammer to do the chopping and bashing of trees and the growth, it is enough for my needs for the baking I do and getting ready for the future items I plan to make.

I am content – for me, but not for the new players who don’t understand and don’t realize what they need in tools and skill levels. When players state I can get this number of such and such, why not add I am at level ___ and have these skills so they know what they need to have to obtain that many yams, berries, bark, orbs and more?

A lvl 20, cant expect to get what a lvl 50 can. Just like every MMO out. It takes time. I would say if you wanted to gather/farm with your main. Youcould do what i do around lvl 25-30 to a good extent.

atmos protection, shovel 5/5 ,shovel & axe epic, power 8/8, luck 8/8 energy regen epic, energy 3x epic, zeal 4/8, attrabute bonus 5/5.
Control & dext at least 4/8
Dura epic is possible

I dont know the points per lvl so i dont know how to calculate that.

And if you want bark/sap I know a farm on a lvl 5 planet that gets a TON! just need a +dmg 3x3 titanium axe.

Sigh My responses are to get players here to understand when we state we can get this or that and Do Not state what are levels we are, new players think they can get that and then get upset and rage quit.
The expectations are wrong because they do not think or understand what level that player is probably at.
That is the point I am trying to get across.
I Am Fine. I Do Not Need Anyone To Help Me.
This is not about me, this is about Billy Bob, Susie Q, Mary Jane, King George or whoever the new player is who is asking where they can get shimmering orbs, bark, green or purple berries or green or purple yams. They rush to buy the tools and go even spend for the pies/brews maybe and don’t realize they don’t have the needed skills.

We need to let them know that at a lower level they Can Not get 2-5k of these items in one hour.
It’s the same as playing a MMO where you have boss level battles; a new player can not take on the final battle and win, it is not possible. In Boundless, a new player can not expect to go to a farm, whether private or public, and gather as many items as the high level player can. Plain and simple.
But for some reason many seem to think this game is not the same as other games with levels, they can’t handle a t5 or 6 level planet, but they think they should be able to go to a protected farm on a planet that is t6 and that it will be same as they would on a t1. It is just not possible.

I know where the farms are at, I have been to them when I was lower level and probably now I would do a lot better at level 50 than when I was level 30, but I just prefer running around and getting them along with other items, on level 5 and 6 I can get the orbs and yams along with getting the plants, flowers, boulders and mushrooms I am selling in my shop. As soon as I have a name for it I will give it out. Still haven’t come up with a name yet.

1 Like

I use Serenity’s but no Fast Brew as I am hesitant to crash my PS4. The numbers you stated for there are more in line with what I expected to see. Even with high action speed forged on a diamond tool I start to break blocks faster than my graphics can keep up. I farm everything myself and make all my own brews, pies and forged tools as well.

Yea i am usually not in a rush, and never used fast brews on 1 deep growth. helps the shovel last a good while. I get a small amount more at PUREs but it may just be the RNG. i find i can go through a route a little faster. Both places are nice though :slight_smile:

Not sure where you buy your stuff, but those prices are way off!

Forged gem shovels, 10k each, so those are more expensive.

Brews, mega Fast, 199c, persisting pie 499c

If you just go with one shovel and let’s say it lasts 40 min like the persisting pie.
Then you need 10k + 800c (for brews) and 500c that’s 11.3k

900 per hour means 600 orbs per 40 minutes. One orb sells for 60c, 36k total when you sell them…

But…

You can use any shovel, I’ve used forged titanium shovels to gather shimmering orbs on Delta Cancret (level 5, less damage needed), you do not need a pie or a brew to get the orbs.

For instance I sell forged titanium shovels for 2399c, that would be enough of an investment to start collecting shimmering orbs. You will need about 200 of them, once you do you ca sell them for 12k which then buys you a forged gem shovel, a pie and 4 mega fast brews…

And even if you do not have 2400c for a forged titanium shovel, you can still break growth on Delta with a regular shovel, even iron, silver or gold ones, after collecting 40 of them you will net 2400c to get a titanium forged shovel…

It can be done, how else do you think the people with money did it in the beginning?

I have a pretty huge Shimmering orb Farm In Norkyna south exit PS hub follow the red and black road to Growth portal and enjoy. All Sponsored By Bricka Brack store #77 Gyosha mall.

Q-Farm on Galan (P.S. HUB portal)

It’s a great place to farm Shimmering Orbs and comes stocked with Regen bombs, titanium shovels, Gem shovels, and a request basket.

If you have max zeal that pie is 45min so that would be a rate of 1hr 30min you are referring to.

Zeal is only 4 or 5

1 Like

I’ll have to remember to check out all these orb farms when I need them next. Had no clue so many were right under my nose at PS. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Was at the G. Mall a few days ago looking at prices of forged shovels, and on some planets doing a comparison, shovels that were gems, such as sapphire were from 2k to 7k. Others, don’t remember what they were made of were as high as 40k, I laughed at those. I won’t pay over 2k for a shovel and then I have to feel it is worth it.
Pies, brews and such, again at the Mall range from 300 to 2k coins. The teaching pies are the highest, but the ones to help in mining for stone or digging in mud are also real high. I suspect that some of the shop owners are from the “old days” of where those prices could be asked and paid for without a blink. Nowadays, they are more reasonable, but some still charge high prices.

And sadly, some don’t look around they just buy from the first shop they come to. I made the stupid mistake of doing that when the mall opened. Bought a weapon, don’t remember what it was, but the asking price was 499 coins. I was thinking what a great price. Bought one. Went down the street and found a store with the same thing for 200, they had 2 left. I went ahead and splurged and bought them. If I had looked around first I would have had both of them and 50 coins left over. It pays to shop around, but many don’t, they don’t want to spend the time looking in all the shops.
Now, in Delta C, I used my regular iron tools and every day go there and am getting a nice build up of orbs, green berries, bark without pies or brews and would have more if the cuttletrunks, spitters and hoppers would leave me alone. Don’t know why they are mad at me, all I do is kill them every chance I get :slight_smile: I’ll blame the road runners, they keep coming and getting on my nerves with their squawking so I chase and kill them.

If you can put some points in to Control and Shadow Epic your gatherer will be mostly left alone. It makes T6s almost inviting.

Forged gem tools aren’t cheap, the mats to make the forge materials alone is more than 2k in cost…

Sapphire shovels that are below 10k aren’t 3x3 AoE forged shovels and that is what Unciviled was talking about of using…

cough cough 9999c at Corruption Outlet for t6 3x3 9/10 dmg and max dura diamond shovel

Store #86 in The Gyosha Mall