[Winner announced] What would you do with 5 million coin?

That for sure that for sure try tacos or eggs or baked beans combo I heard they are good for cleaning inside out

2 Likes

It would replace all the coin I used to have :sweat_smile:. I already went on my spending spree of buying Oort at prices from 280-320c, bought lots of processed lucent gems from people ranging from 1k-3kc, also spent a good amount on forged goods from various different forgers.

Forgot about all the marble I bought and items/coin I gave to a retuning player.

1 Like

I’ve recently come back to Boundless after taking a hiatus and starting from scratch again. So 5 million would definitely help someone like me or someone else that’s newer get on their feet. I also think like @Sterbehilfe idea about pumping it back into the economy.

2 Likes

I would go shopping with about 3M on building materials, 1M on oort to donate the portals and 1M for a rainy day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would go around buying all the blocks and regents I would ever conceivably need, so that I could focus on doing the primary thing I enjoy in this game, gathering and distributing to baskets… I’d never have to worry about who I’d buy my next hammer or shovel from.

Basically I’d have coin for all of a day and then it’d find itself dispersed throughout the community.

2 Likes

Hmmm 5m coins… Smells like massive event for entire community… maybe Sherlock games reactivation from EA times :slight_smile: 5m coins in rewards that would be quite tempting for whole community to take part and make the game live again :slight_smile: @AeneaGames

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking that Boundless needs new players. Perhaps using it to put together some kind of comprehensive newbie assistance. I’m not saying just give new players everything they want, I’m thinking more of an information centre. With in-game help. Something to give as much chance of new player retention as possible…

Just a thought…

5 Likes

buy helix coils, buy super good lucent weapoons, super good lucent grapples, get more stock, make zebra town a city and buy a lot of stuff, make a food shop, yeah. everything you can think of.

2 Likes

I’d hoard it for myself and put it in a basket with a sign marked Aenea.

2 Likes

I would name a standard hammer after you. The Aenea standard. Aoe+Max dam+Magnet.

Aoe - because you’ve touched so many people in this community.

Damage - you had strong motivations and made a big impact in Boundless.

Magnet - your personality drew many people near you and it helped them enjoy the game.

Dont mistake the low price as disrespect, rather an ode to the idea that all players should be able to enjoy the game without major walls stopping them.

4 Likes

Give five newcomers a million coin to get a leg up in the beginning of the game. Let a list of good tips on how to play the market accompany each million.

1 Like

Considering I don’t have the time to play and level up my characters the way I’d like I would use it to purchase materials to level up and get me a bunch of plots cuz building things is my favorite thing to do in boundless but I become restricted quickly after using up the few plots I have. I would also use some of it to purchase material to go towards the new “City of Steam” which, when completed, I plan on creating another multi planet scavenger hunt with some incredible prizes that even a low level player could potentially win. However there are many amazing players out there who would do amazing things with that much coin and probably deserve it more than me but the fact that you’re offering it is pretty cool. :+1::smiley:

7 Likes

I am just sorry to read About your fate, if i read it Right. You are from what i have witnessed a nice Person.

5 Likes

Wait whaaat? What is hidden prize contest thing? XD

1 Like

What i would do with 5mil coin live in the best boundless penthouse coin can buy :wink:.

Honestly ill probably invest the coin.
In shops like i had in the early day’s “fat baskets” or buy materials from other shops (instead of the regulars and buy out newbies).

Buy enough oort so I only have to hunt when i want to and don’t need to :wink:.

Honestly I wouldn’t know what to do with all that coin, scraping coin together is what I’ve been doing since the beginning. So i would probably put it in a “savings” for when i come across some one that needs coin. Or to “pay” for stuff so i can gift more away.
To be fair havent really payed a lot of attention to profit. Even sold at a loss in the beginning😉.

2 Likes

I’d buy stuff I needed whilst taking the opportunity to inject 5 milly into the economy. I’d buy Oortstone, Iron, Kindling Shreds, Deco Lucent Gems and probably spend 1 mil at DubT.

But a big chunk would go to commissioning @Apt to build a wall around his tower so I don’t have to see that eye sore everytime I use the hub :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

that can be easily solved by a 16x10 blocks wall right at the hub exit. would do that for 2 - 2,5 mil and a weekly upkeep charge of 100k :smiley:
as for the 5 mil, I would use it to become more lazy.

7 Likes

Hahaha I’ll let you know when I’ve saved up enough :smirk:

1 Like

I don’t know if I really deserve the coins compared to anyone else here, but late 2019 I forgot to fuel my main beacon in time, and I lost everything I had collected since launch day. I recently have come back, and I plan on starting up a shop for the first time. This coin would help provide everything I would need to do that, as well as purchasing the tools I’d need to start mining and getting back on my feet again (I’ve never had more than maybe 250k on me at a time.)

Regardless, this is super kind of you. XD I’m happy for whomever “wins”.

1 Like

I don’t need the money personally, but hypothetically I would use it to commission one or many of our very talented builders in the community to build something that would serve as a monument to remember you for many many years to come Aenea.

I’ve had very little to do with you in game and have had only a handful of interactions on the forum but I do know that you and your exploits are known right across the Boundless Universe, losing you is going to be a massive blow to the community, you are most definitely a “boundless celebrity” of the highest order.

So that is why I feel a monumental build dedicated to you and protected by a group of players that could ensure that it will stand the test of time would be most fitting, even if you might be too humble and shudder at the idea of it. I know you will be leaving behind Nova Golda and everything else you have built and that will serve as a reminder, but this would feel more as a gift to you and something done by others to honor your memory.

Again I don’t need the money and I don’t know you at all well and this idea might be something you would totally hateI So I hope you give this to someone truly deserving of it and I’m sure your friends here in game will have their own ideas on how they will remember you :slight_smile:

I’ve had to watch someone very very dear to me go through the same not so long ago and hearing about your situation truly struck a nerve, hence why I’m here posting to someone who is a relative stranger to me. So make the best of what time remains Aenea, do the things that make you happy and spend time with the people you love and those who love you.

13 Likes