Winter Season Event Feedback

Hello!

In the recent roadmap post @james mentioned that the new event will be focused on hunting.

1. I appreciate that the event seems like it will be for a longer period of time! Especially during the holidays when many of us are travelling or unable to play for a week or so while visiting with family.

2. When you say ‘focus’ on hunting I worry it will be like the gathering event for Halloween. I can only speak to my experience, but the event fatigued me from gathering. Because gathering was the only way (aside from buying) to get the seeds, I spent hours gathering them so I could have them for future builds.

Since that event, I haven’t gone to gather (and the inky leaves/sweet beans are not what I need). It burned me out and made gathering not fun for a while.

Can we have it so that there is a primary way to gather the items, or engage in the event (like hunting which has the best drop chance/highest rates) but make it so that other activities still allow you to participate.

Using the Halloween Event example it would look more like:

Rosetta Nox and Sweet Beans have the highest drop chance

Other plants have a lower drop chance (as in, you don’t get it consistently, but you can get 1 every other plant or so)

Monsters have a small chance to drop them as well (much lower then any plants)

Blocks have a very rare chance to drop them (lowest drop chance) and only a few blocks (sponges or something)

Since the game is open, many of us have our own and timelines. So we are building/gathering/mining to make those happen. Stopping completely for an event doesn’t feel great to me. I would love to gather them passively while playing (very few of course) and then be able to spend a small amount of time targeting them!

Just my 2 cents!! <3 Looking forward to the event!

2 Likes

thx tagris havent seen this yet cool newz :grin:

1 Like

This would help a lot! - I’m stuck mining mostly, so getting a few drops while doing that would be nice!

1 Like

I think it’s worth noting that a hunting event will naturally have a greater impact on all professions than the Halloween event did. Miners and crafters can expect to see their wares turned to weapons. Gatherers, cooks, and alchemists should see demand for their food, brews, and centraforge increase. The only profession that’s maybe least involved are builders… and I’m sure a savvy builder can find some way to get involved if they want to!

1 Like

@james

I hope this feedback from last year was helpful! The new Halloween event is coming and I hope that there are diverse options for gathering spooky seeds!

Please, reward players for being online during the holiday and playing, vs only doing a certain activity!

Give us a variety of ways to get the seeds so we can all gather some up by playing and having fun!!

<3 so excited for the event